z

Young Writers Society

Wordsmiths DT

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:09 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Welcome, everyone! If you have questions, ask away! There aren't any positions to reserve, so there's no need for it. You can still state your intention to join, if you so like.

PS: If I need to use this post for any administrative purposes, I shall edit it later.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:45 pm
View Likes
Ventomology says...

You knew I'd be here, Hunter, but I thought I'd let everyone else know too.
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

293 Reviews

Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:39 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Thank you for doing so, @Buggiedude2340!

Also, @ty7lucky, I've noticed you submitted a character profile. I'm impressed by your enthusiasm, but there are a few matters I'd just like you to address before I approve. It's nothing serious, I just want to ensure clarity.
♦ You haven't included a name or nickname for your character in the two appropriate bars, which is a prerequisite for each profile.
♦ In your character's description, you mentioned only eye and hair colour, as well as one piece of clothing. You also need to add race, skin colour, hair style, and general comments on facial structure and body build, please.
♦ At the moment, your character sounds like an apprentice blacksmith that also dabbles in swordplay and magic, which sounds much like a chameleon. If your character is a jack-of-all-trades, please just mention that somewhere. You know what, I'll just add a new category in the character template for that. I'll edit it into yours so that you can just complete it.
♦ Your character is young and doesn't necessarily have any stories to tell of his adventures, but at the moment he just seems... I don't know, a little bland? I am aware I asked for brevity, but too little detail is also not ideal, so if you could fleshen out your character a bit, that would be great, thanks!

If anything I said was confusing or unclear, just go ahead and ask. To anyone else, I added a new category to the CT, so just be aware of that, please.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

212 Reviews

Reviews: 212
Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:37 pm
View Likes
TheCrimsonLady says...

I'm definitely joining. Sadly, I have no idea what my character is going to be, so give me a couple of days to- oh, oh, never mind, I know exactly what I'm doing.

*cackles evilly and runs off to lair*
Let the blood pour down in rivers as the world burns.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:07 pm
View Likes
Desdemona says...

Oh wow, July's official storybook!

Of course I'm in! :D
Excuse you, I'm your friggin' queen!

Don't take it too hard when you lose to me, I always win.

Spoiler! :
August 1, 2015 - April 21, 2016: BlackCatXx
April 21, 2016 -- Desdemona

293 Reviews

Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:25 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Welcome, @Desdemona! It's great to have you.

@ty7lucky, your changes were spot-on. It still looked a little short at first, but the brevity of your character profile is perfect. It has been approved.

@Buggiedude2340, your character profile has also been approved. It's not at all what I had expected, but then again, it's one of your CPs, so it's not surprising. Reading about him will be amusing indeed.
— Paul the Apostle

293 Reviews

Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:27 pm
BrumalHunter says...

@TheCrimsonLady and @Desdemona, your character profiles have been accepted! Both are quite enjoyable. Buggie, you don't have to worry about too few females. ;)
— Paul the Apostle

557 Reviews

Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:52 am
Ventomology says...

Since when do I ever do the expected?

Unfortunately, I will be out of town for the week after this SB gets its first post. Is there anything I can do before the 15th?

293 Reviews

Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:12 pm
BrumalHunter says...

If we don't get any new participants soon, I might have to start creating NPCs. Interesting as it would be, I don't think our "Guild" will get very far if they consist of three humans barely into adulthood, a pixie that can't attack, and a fiery bipedal jackal/wolf. (I have @TheCrimsonLady to thank for Lucien's race, by the way.) If anyone wants to create another character, you're welcome to. Otherwise, I'll just create some more characters to balance it out. I'm also open to suggestions, naturally.
— Paul the Apostle

557 Reviews

Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:39 pm
Ventomology says...

I think a few posts (which would bring this SB back to the top of the thread) might help with garnering attention. As much as planning helps, we also do need to get this SB out there. The seventeenth may be quite the wait.

293 Reviews

Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:47 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Yeah, posting sooner would be better. It seems waiting too long to post can kill the excitement. I'll start working on one within the next few days, but we need to decide what to do first. We can wait for people to join, but as the cast currently stands, they don't have very good odds for taking down things like rocs and wyverns. If we are going to start without further participants so long, we need to make a decision.
— Paul the Apostle

293 Reviews

Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:12 pm
BrumalHunter says...

I have started writing the post! @Desdemona (why is Pusheen angry? D: ) and @ty7lucky, if you would like to help with creating the lore, find me on PM sometime! @Buggiedude2340 and @TheCrimsonLady have already come forward with some ideas, so don't be afraid to join in. If you can't find me, you can always chat among yourselves and/or post here in the DT. I could even create a pad if you'd prefer that.

The races we have so far are:
♦ Humans
♦ Auriles - a bipedal jackal/wolf race with brown or golden coats that can also interbreed with humans
♦ Lycans - a rare variant of human that looks like a tall Aurile with a dark brown, grey or black coat
♦ an unnamed avian race that I still have to discuss with Buggie (or anybody else)
♦ Sirens
♦ Selkies
♦ Pixies
♦ Brownies - a race of small, industrious humanoids
♦ Elementals - a race of humanoids that is elementally charged with either Fire, Ice, or Electricity

Any contributions are welcome!
— Paul the Apostle

293 Reviews

Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:55 am
BrumalHunter says...

Sorry for triple posting, but @ty7lucky has submitted a new character profile. I'm ready to accept it, but I just wanted to know whether @Buggiedude2340 still wanted a Lycan character, since she expressed interest in one at a previous occasion. Other than that, I only changed the enchanted robes to be worth two layers of armour, Ty, because ten is a bit over-powered.

Also, could you describe what kind of magic Orin uses? Just so I can know whether they have to find another mage. @Desdemona has a mage too, but I don't know what kind of magic she uses either. If both are purely combat-oriented, that's perfectly fine. We'd prefer to have two offensive mages anyway. Then they can simply get a support mage later, since we need a healer.

Should the NPCs remain just that, or should I have them apply like the others? I don't want to hog them all, so if you other three want one (though Buggie may or may not claim an actual Lycan), let me know. I'll work with the assumption that they're NPCs while writing my post, but I can edit anything if necessary.
— Paul the Apostle

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:16 am
Desdemona says...

Oh yes, mine is pure combat oriented.
Excuse you, I'm your friggin' queen!

Don't take it too hard when you lose to me, I always win.

Spoiler! :
August 1, 2015 - April 21, 2016: BlackCatXx
April 21, 2016 -- Desdemona

Reviews: 2
Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:30 pm
ty7lucky says...

Mine is combat oriented as well.
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
-Douglas Adams

You can't blame the writer for what the characters say.
— Truman Capote