z

Young Writers Society

Knights of the Empire DT

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:33 am
SpiritedWolfe says...

Sorry for the later response xD I'd be totally up with Gabe and Tasmin rooming. I think it'd be fun for Gabe to try to keep her act going even with someone around her basically 24-7.
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:29 am
Lael says...

Well then, I think we have our tenth group member. Since you would know the most about Madeira, would you make her CP when you have time, @Desdemona? I will make her an NPC once you're done.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:29 am
Auxiira says...

I like that!
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:37 am
Craz says...

So, besides rooming, how is the whole new-recruits thing going to play out once they get there? I might do some research on some military academies and stuff in the morning (if need be) but for right now I'm going to go to sleep. xd

Lael, what's your plan~?
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

81 Reviews

Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:02 pm
Lael says...

In some ways they act like a school, and in others like a military. So far, I just know that they will have the first of the 5 yearly Exams on the first day of school, to weed out the ones who really "don't deserve" to be there.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

767 Reviews

Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:30 pm
SpiritedWolfe says...

So how did you want to start it? With everyone gathering at first? Will they sort out things like housing/roommates/meeting other students before the test or will it happen as soon as they arrive? What about meeting counselors and the other Knights-in-Training in our group?

And what even is this test? What do they do, how do they test it? How can they decide who dies or doesn't? How long do the tests usually take?

(I may come back with more questions in a bit. I'm hoping to write a post in the next couple days if you're okay with that ~)

[she/her]

81 Reviews

Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:07 pm
Lael says...

Rooms and counselors are already assigned by the academy. They are allowed to go to their rooms and meet other students but they don't really meet their counselors until after the first exam. As for meeting the others in our group, I encourage it. The kids grouped by counselor are kind of like a team, anyways.

As for the Exam, I know it is something challenging. Perhaps it is a written test (maybe takes a few to several hours), and whoever has the 2 lowest scores are publicly eliminated. This is to scare the others too. I would think that since they haven't even started, most would make a low passing or a failing grade. Those who "fail" but were not the worst have some sort of also public lesser punishment.

Ideas? Objections? More questions? And later, we will have to make up a counselor (with a CP) and perhaps also make a CP for Madeira as well.

767 Reviews

Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:15 pm
SpiritedWolfe says...

What would this written test be about? And why a written test if they're training to fight and learning to be Knights? I don't really see the point in that. As well, I feel like a written test is extremely unfair to the Outlanders and even the Darians who have never had any experience on this whatsoever. I mean, there's the scare tactic yes, but how would a written test show who truly deserves to be there.

Perhaps something regarding more of their physical ability or magical ability to what will be most useful to them as Knights?

And by sorting out, I meant more like finding their rooms and meeting the roommate, being shown the academy like where the classes are, where they'll be fed, what kind of activities there are in the free time, etc. Are they going to have some kind of beginning orientation where everyone is gathered together and this kind of stuff is explained? Or is this going to wait until after the first test?

[she/her]

77 Reviews

Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:37 pm
View Likes
Craz says...

We need to plan like a day 1 _ and day 2 _ thing, I think xD bc I think it's safe to say that we're all a bit confused one way or the other.

And also, upon the written thing, I agree that there would definitely be some differences in intellect, especially since a big portion of our charries are poor and not on Daria land, and one of our guys is a beggar. Sorry, Auxii dear, I don't think Zeph would pass xP.

I think it would be something like they arrive, are directed to their rooms, and are not allowed out until dinnertime, because I don't think free range to wander would be allowed since this is a top secret military academy. Then the next day would be the test??

??

Edit: Ohh also what do you think about a lights out? I mean, surely there's a curfew. And maybe the doors bolt close. This would definitely prove an interesting plot/obstacle for those that try to sneak about. ;D
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:31 pm
View Likes
Auxiira says...

Oh Zeph wouldn't pass. He can read bit and hoards the books that he can get his hands on, but his reading's about the level of a 9 year old, with weird interspersed complicated words.

Day one could be them moving into the dorms, maybe having a tour of the place so they don't go where they're not meant to? Basically like High School or maybe more college orientation. A welcome speech, uniform etc.
Then just when they're starting to get a little comfortable, they get to day two.

Day two - exam? I agree with the others that a written exam would have an unfair bias, and though I know the Academy thrives off of that, I don't think it's quite that cruel? Maybe an obstacle course or something?
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:37 pm
View Likes
Desdemona says...

I like Auxiira's idea and I have an idea for day 2.

What if it's sort of like a condition test, with obstacles and a way for the students to demonstrate their powers and to what extent they can use them. This could even contribute to their placements. Everyone would be competing not to be last. I'm pretty sure this can introduce some drama between our characters as well :3
Excuse you, I'm your friggin' queen!

Don't take it too hard when you lose to me, I always win.

Spoiler! :
August 1, 2015 - April 21, 2016: BlackCatXx
April 21, 2016 -- Desdemona

81 Reviews

Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:41 pm
Lael says...

Something like that.

81 Reviews

Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:32 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

And just to get this out here, I will be gone for most of next week. I will be back after that.

81 Reviews

Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:02 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

http://craz.writerfeedpad.com/60?

Here is a pad where major plot points are. Feel free to add and suggest. Ideas from me, @Craz, and @TheFantasy14.

And this is a rough map of the continent. Pardon messiness/bad handwriting.

77 Reviews

Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:02 pm
Craz says...

I think we should do a group plotting session.

We did one a bit before, but I'd like for all of us to be involved. Does that sound good to everyone? What would be a good time for yall?

The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.
— Stanislaw Jerszy Lec