z

Young Writers Society

A Town Called Jade DT

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:21 am
Vellichor says...

Please PM me (or chat) to reserve an occupation. I am open to more jobs as well, just let me know what you have in mind :D Looking forwards to writing with you all!
╔══╗░░░░╔╦╗░░╔═════╗
║╚═╬════╬╣╠═╗║░▀░▀░║
╠═╗║╔╗╔╗║║║╩╣║╚═══╝║
╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩╩╩═╝╚═════╝

42 Reviews

Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:24 am
Vellichor says...

Quick update- Didn't really want to clutter the main SB post but here's another small thing: I would very much appreciate it if in the Character profile when (and if) you fill out the weapons portion if you would please make sure that (if you use a firearm) the weapon actually existed by 1867. Thanks!
╔══╗░░░░╔╦╗░░╔═════╗
║╚═╬════╬╣╠═╗║░▀░▀░║
╠═╗║╔╗╔╗║║║╩╣║╚═══╝║
╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩╩╩═╝╚═════╝

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:49 am
ChieTheWriter says...

So how many characters per user?
"Nobody has an easy time in this world. Either you climb out of the muck and become a human being, or you die." - Josh Randall, Wanted: Dead or Alive

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:51 am
Wolfi says...

I'd like to know as well. :)
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:55 am
HazelGrace16 says...

Im so ready for this unique type of SB *goes and researches old west*
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

42 Reviews

Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:59 am
Vellichor says...

That depends on the occupations you're looking after. I'd like to give anyone that wants to participate the opportunity to have an important role in the story, so it really depends on who you want your character to be. As a general rule I think we'll go with two characters per writer, though one of those two should be a more generic role that there can be more than one like a clerk or ranch hand, bandit, ganger or pretty much any of the tribespeople since there are bound to be so many roles in any given tribe. Hope that clear things up!
╔══╗░░░░╔╦╗░░╔═════╗
║╚═╬════╬╣╠═╗║░▀░▀░║
╠═╗║╔╗╔╗║║║╩╣║╚═══╝║
╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩╩╩═╝╚═════╝

42 Reviews

Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:01 am
Vellichor says...

@HazelGrace16 You and me both! I'll keep my eyes open and get any CPs approved right away!
╔══╗░░░░╔╦╗░░╔═════╗
║╚═╬════╬╣╠═╗║░▀░▀░║
╠═╗║╔╗╔╗║║║╩╣║╚═══╝║
╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩╩╩═╝╚═════╝

75 Reviews

Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:18 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

Another question.

The cussing is limited to "beaver house" (d**n) and "h-e double-hockey stick" (h**l), right?

I don't cuss, but for people who do.
"Nobody has an easy time in this world. Either you climb out of the muck and become a human being, or you die." - Josh Randall, Wanted: Dead or Alive

42 Reviews

Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:27 am
Vellichor says...

I'll leave that up to popular vote when there are more people active in the SB. The original idea was for this to take a certain amount of inspiration from the show Deadwood and to really try and convey how gritty the western frontier really was. There was a lot of cussing, though I suppose it should be mentioned that there were other words that are no longer in use (research might be required here) and as such a certain amount of creative license.

"H*ll" and "d*mn," as swear words go were really pretty light all things considered. Personally, I think that a certain amount of cussing would only add to the overall believability of the SB, but I will gladly concede to what the participants would prefer, though I should mention that this is also one of the reasons that I chose to label the SB as 16+
╔══╗░░░░╔╦╗░░╔═════╗
║╚═╬════╬╣╠═╗║░▀░▀░║
╠═╗║╔╗╔╗║║║╩╣║╚═══╝║
╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩╩╩═╝╚═════╝

75 Reviews

Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:32 am
ChieTheWriter says...

Ok, but we don't have to necessarily focus on the strong language. Due to PC filter (and protective parents) I might not participate if s- f- a- b- etc is in here too much.

42 Reviews

Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:50 am
View Likes
Vellichor says...

@AnnGrace Certainly not. The language will not be a primary focus point by any means, only a method of further immersion in the story. My stance on this will be simply that such language is not strictly encouraged, but that it's importance should be understood for authenticity's sake, and that should a writer feel that such language is required to convey feeling, they will not be kept from doing so. :)
╔══╗░░░░╔╦╗░░╔═════╗
║╚═╬════╬╣╠═╗║░▀░▀░║
╠═╗║╔╗╔╗║║║╩╣║╚═══╝║
╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩╩╩═╝╚═════╝

75 Reviews

Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:15 pm
ChieTheWriter says...

K. CAN'T WAIT TO START!

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:59 pm
Wolfi says...

Tagging @soundofmind, if you'd like to join! :)
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

42 Reviews

Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:22 am
Vellichor says...

@AnnGrace @Wolfical @HazelGrace16 @SkyeWalker @soundofmind and anyone else that might want to participate: I'm thinking that we'll get started in the next day or so depending on whether or not any more people show interest. Spread the word! Tell your friends! We need as many people as we can get!
╔══╗░░░░╔╦╗░░╔═════╗
║╚═╬════╬╣╠═╗║░▀░▀░║
╠═╗║╔╗╔╗║║║╩╣║╚═══╝║
╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩╩╩═╝╚═════╝

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11

That smells like the inside of a tropical rainforest.
— Yoshikrab's friend