z

Young Writers Society

Dream Walkers DT

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:32 pm
Lael says...

Hi! This is not a dream. :D

Feel free to post if you have any questions or suggestions for me!
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

81 Reviews

Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:48 pm
Lael says...

For anyone who joins, I would also like you guys to do a little bit of research on your region's historical culture and share it here, so we can get a feel for each culture and know how the characters may not get along. It doesn't have to be much, just something basic.

For example, in East Asia, education, seniority, social status, and filial piety were big influences because of Confucianism; another thing was not cutting one's hair--it was considered very high dishonor (to yourself and your parents) to have your hair cut after the age of around 15. Also, people who do not know each other well do not call each other by their given names and instead use honorifics; even among families, honorifics can be heavily used, especially when addressing someone older.

Also, the main greeting and way to show respect is to bow.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

81 Reviews

Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:12 pm
Lael says...

Hey guys! I need your help to get at least 2 more people to join the SB! Please ask around or advertise this storybook! Thanks.

81 Reviews

Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:11 am
Lael says...

@TheFantasy14, @Chaser, and @astellare, even though we don't have as many people as I want yet, let's start talking about the plot. I am planning for there to be different strange things to happen on the island and in their dreams. Suggestions? I honestly have yet to think about what the ultimate bad guy force is.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:17 pm
View Likes
Desdemona says...

Hi, Lael :)

I'll be claiming the other Middle East spot if that's alright :)
Excuse you, I'm your friggin' queen!

Don't take it too hard when you lose to me, I always win.

Spoiler! :
August 1, 2015 - April 21, 2016: BlackCatXx
April 21, 2016 -- Desdemona

81 Reviews

Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:20 pm
Lael says...

Go ahead, @Desdemona!

81 Reviews

Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:31 pm
Lael says...

Just so you guys know, I will be gone for most of next week.

81 Reviews

Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:17 pm
Lael says...

@Desdemona, as to not make lots of confusion and since there is one delegate for each region, I reclassified you under "South Asia". Just so you know.

81 Reviews

Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:47 pm
Lael says...

So now that we have only one spot left, I think it's time we all really start talking plot.

First of all, there will be a sort of "host region", which basically means the region who goes ahead of time to oversee the preparation of the island and orchestrates the summit. Unless anyone else would like to play this role, I will have East Asia be it.

Second, the "strange occurrences" in the waking world. I will need some suggestions, but they will probably be some things like someone trips over a suspiciously places object or a threat on someone's room's wall, to an extreme like one of the ambassadors gettting poisoned (though not necessarily deadly). Anything that will make them possibly suspect each other or get very scared.

Third, the Dream World. Ones who do not have the ability merely have their dreams, but they are disturbing. Those who do have it can actually experience things as though it was reality (like the waking world), and there they discover horrible things and end up fighting evil beings lurking about. Injuries they obtain in the Dream World stay with them in the waking world. So yes, dream walkers can be killed in their dreams, but normal people can only be dream-assassinated by very tough methods at a steep cost of life and dear things, so it rarely would happen.

Now as for the ultimate bad guy, I like the idea of someone present on the island to be it. I don't expect one of our charries to be it, of course, but perhaps there is a small group of mysterious, diverse people who are "nationless" and live peacefully on the island for the "sole purpose" of keeping the grounds ready for each Gathering once every century. So I think their leader, who will be a prominent figure within the Gathering as a "native host" whom everyone trusts or at least won't suspect, since the islanders act as helpers to the representatives and entourages, is the bad guy and his faction of the Nationless people is the large "army" (there's probably only 50-ish non-Great-Islanders there, so it would be like fighting a big army to them) they have to fight at the end.

And for the sake of beginning, should I just create a 3rd character or wait for one more person?

Give me suggestions.

81 Reviews

Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:55 pm
Lael says...

@TheFantasy14, @Chaser, @astellare, @Desdemona, I need a final confirmation. Are you guys definitely still committed to this? If that is the case, should I just close joining up right here or wait for someone else to come join us?

EDIT: Y'know what? We're just going to start. I'm going to close registration and just get this started. I will have a starter post in within the week, before I leave.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:03 am
Europa says...

Alright, then! Can't wait!

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:18 am
Chaser says...

I'm completely able and willing to dedicate myself to posting in this storybook.
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

81 Reviews

Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:08 am
Lael says...

That's great guys! I'll get a post up ASAP.

81 Reviews

Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:34 pm
Lael says...

Okay, 1st post is done! And we need to communicate more on what we're going to do for plot. When I get back next week, I hope that there are some more ideas to talk about!

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:03 pm
Desdemona says...

I made a post :)

I love this SB OuO
Excuse you, I'm your friggin' queen!

Don't take it too hard when you lose to me, I always win.

Spoiler! :
August 1, 2015 - April 21, 2016: BlackCatXx
April 21, 2016 -- Desdemona

"It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves."
— William Shakespeare