z

Young Writers Society

The Truth Behind the Masks DT

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Wed May 25, 2016 7:52 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

...Well that was quick. Glad I was accepted already! I'll start workin' on that post. Should be ready during the week ;)
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed May 25, 2016 7:56 pm
Mageheart says...

I started watching Overlord! I love both Log Horizon and Overlord's take on getting stuck in a video game. I may or may not make Jamie tripped because she's suddenly taller...(Like our beloved Devil in Glasses.) :D

Also, I love lengthy posts! :D
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

40 Reviews

Wed May 25, 2016 8:06 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

The main thing that got to me abut Overlord is the main character's design. He... He looks like a final boss, which of course is the point, but I mean WOW XD
Oh gosh yes, we NEED a strategist trying to get close to Shiroe's level, that would be beautiful!
Good! Then hopefully I can make mine interesting enough for people to read :D
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 25, 2016 8:10 pm
Mageheart says...

Maybe Jamie can be...Got to think about that!
mage

queer and here.

40 Reviews

Wed May 25, 2016 8:23 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Food for thought ;) We'll see how that turns out. Risfeel's probably stayin' a loner though, stayin' in and out the group for a while. I'm trying to make sre my plot devices can touch eveyrone though, since it would be a shame to have everyone do their separated stories without linking anything.

Also, Jamie's appearance totally made me think of a shy version of another messy-ponytail wearer.

Spoiler! :

Sheena. Well, except Jamie's not an elemental card using ninja, but y'know. something about the appearance.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 25, 2016 10:48 pm
Mageheart says...

What anime is she from? I haven't heard of her before.

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT:

@Tortwag has submitted a character that is half alien. Because of this, I'm allowing everyone to give their characters magic abilities, or something similar to what Tortwag has done. The only two stipulations are that they have to be at least half-human, like Tortwag's character, and that they have to be able to access the internet in some way.

I'm keeping my character as she is because I find it a lot more fun to have characters discover magic. You can all make your own decisions about this.

Also, welcome @Tortwag to The Truth Behind the Masks! :D
mage

queer and here.

40 Reviews

Thu May 26, 2016 5:18 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Game, actually. Tales Of Symphonia, to be precise - though that game was so good it got an anime if the same name, so you might as well enjoy that if you don't like Action/RPGs.

...darn it, you already thought about the internet part :O Glad I'm allowing more possibilities for people, though, I guess :3
Ohoh, don't you worry, Risfeel is definitely passing through the magic discovery panel! I've described his powers to make it clearer for everyone, but as far as I've planned, he doesn't master them yet. Aaaaand thanks for the official welcome :D

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Mon May 30, 2016 1:02 am
Chaser says...

So, since we haven't been moving for a few days, I'd like to suggest something.

I don't know if you've been told, but @KaiRyu asked me to write for Kaya and Taifu while they were gone. So, I've been thinking of a way to work it into an interesting character meeting.

Basically, I was wondering if, when Kaya wakes up, she makes a hurricane in an attempt to dispel the fog. Unfortunately, her fear makes it go out of control, drawing the other characters to her, as well as making them meet with Love/Scott, who would be blown severely off-course by the storm.

It seems to work, so I want to see if it's viable for use. Is it?
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon May 30, 2016 2:22 am
Mageheart says...

Sounds good to me, @Chaser! @Jexy and @Tortwag, are you guys going post soon?
mage

queer and here.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon May 30, 2016 4:03 am
View Likes
Jexy says...

@Magestorrow I will be soon! Caught up in stupid real stuff :((( I'll get a post up in the next day or so :D

40 Reviews

Mon May 30, 2016 6:41 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Magestorrow I am indeed! As you've seen in my wall, my Pokken tournament competition is over, which means I can go back to work on some of my riting duties. I still have my last year's exams comin' up next week though, so I'll have to see how I can organize myself properly.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon May 30, 2016 11:14 pm
Mageheart says...

I totally understand, and I'm excited to see what you guys come up with! :D
mage

queer and here.

40 Reviews

Tue May 31, 2016 4:53 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

WOW, we've hit a second page already, and the whole hurricane thing is something I need to read before continuing my post, since I had planned a little event of my own.
Normally though, it should still happend. I'm off to catching up with posts! And and speakin' of that, a little suggestion: to know who's active and who's not and make sure we can coordinate things according to that, why not put a Like to every post we've read? I've been doing that for other SBs, and so far it's been a very effective way to remember what I've read.

Food for thought!

EDIT: Caught up with the pages. Not much to modify from my post, actually, so yay!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue May 31, 2016 11:17 pm
Mageheart says...

That sounds like a good idea, @Tortwag! (If you noticed, I liked your post. :D)

I'm excited to see what you come up with! :D
mage

queer and here.

40 Reviews

Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:14 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Magestorrow Speakin' of posts, mine is about 60 percent done. Should be out within the week/weekend. And glad you liked the idea ;)

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
— George Santayana