z

Young Writers Society

All Hands On Deck DT

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Tue May 24, 2016 12:58 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

I think I'll write next, so I might as well.

I'm loving these posts! :)
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Tue May 24, 2016 2:23 am
View Likes
wakarimasen says...

@HazelGrace16 - Sure! :)
@Savvy - Thank you!

I notice there are a lot of scientist characters in this SB - anybody want to connect their backstories/secrets to Jane's? Feel free to PM or tag me here if you want to brainstorm.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Tue May 24, 2016 3:38 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

I won't be able to post until tomorrow, so anyone else is welcome to go ahead before me.
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Tue May 24, 2016 3:56 am
View Likes
Steggy says...

I'll be working on my post tomorrow.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Tue May 24, 2016 11:44 am
View Likes
passenger says...

@HazelGrace16 She's always welcome to interact with Wesley ^^

@Sevro I'm heading over to read your post now :wink:
"We accept the love we think we deserve." -Stephen Chbosky's Perks of Being a Wallflower

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Wed May 25, 2016 2:41 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

@AllisontheWriter I'm not really sure what to write about, so I could definitely work in Jane. Even though her story isn't really my character's specialty, it's very possible her former boss had his hand in her past.

I'm working on my post now, but I probably won't finish until later tomorrow.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Wed May 25, 2016 2:50 am
View Likes
HazelGrace16 says...

Posted! Let me know if I should change anything. @Savvy I imagined as Issie being pretty kind for being a momma bird type
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

49 Reviews

Wed May 25, 2016 2:04 pm
View Likes
wakarimasen says...

Hey guys, I had an idea! Remember Kale from @Savvy's first post? What if he's the first murder victim on the boat? Like, he doesn't end up going to the Bahamas like he wanted. Instead, he's found in the broom closet (for example, after Wesley finishes his duties for the day)? That way none of the playable characters die (yet....), but we can have a DUN DUN DUNNN kind of moment. :)

112 Reviews

Wed May 25, 2016 8:10 pm
View Likes
passenger says...

@AllisontheWriter

I LOVE IT. That's a great idea. I'll write that into my next post, unless somebody minds.

edit: @AliceAfternoon I just read your post. You did a very good job; you seem to be a natural in the realm of storybooks already. c:
"We accept the love we think we deserve." -Stephen Chbosky's Perks of Being a Wallflower

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Wed May 25, 2016 9:24 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

And...my post is up. Let me know if there's anything I need to change @Savvy.

For the record, here's what I brainstormed for Selena's connection to Jane @AllisontheWriter. It's not her whole story, so there's still room for other backstories/connections, and I'm open to changes.

Spoiler! :
A young Johann Bensen (Selena's late boss/lover and rival of Pritchett's for unclear reasons) was working on a project to create "the perfect woman". At the same time, a young woman had gotten into a car crash that killed her parents and put her in a medically induced coma. Bensen pretended to be her relative in order to get power over her care, at which point he took her into the lab and put certain programs into her brain for skills such as fluency in languages and pop culture know-how (so she could speak knowledgeably with men of any generation). He also programmed her to be submissive and obedient to him before waking her up.

Everything seemed fine...for a little while. But over time, the programming faded, especially the submissive one. After some explosive fights, she ran away for some years, possibly coming under Pritchett's control. Shortly after Selena signed on to work for Bensen, Jane returned with a faded (but not completely erased) memory and agreed to replace the "glitched" programs. Unfortunately for Johann, history repeated itself and she ran away again. Nobody in Bensen's lab knew where she went, but eventually Selena and Johann concluded she must be dead.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

49 Reviews

Wed May 25, 2016 10:05 pm
View Likes
wakarimasen says...

@niteowl - Great post! :) Your portrayal of Jane is spot-on and I can't wait to see what else happens between these characters!

112 Reviews

Wed May 25, 2016 11:57 pm
View Likes
passenger says...

@niteowl Fantastic post. The backstory of Selena's and Jane's character connection is awesome, too.

Also, everyone, a warm welcome to @Jexy, whose character is the Captain's right-hand-man, if you've not already seen. I think Jean-Claude will be a very interesting addition to our group of characters. :)

In other news, I've officially closed the storybook. I love what's happening thus far. We have a great mix of diverse characters.

After @Chaser @Steggy and @CandyWizard get their posts up (no rush, of course; take your time), we'll begin the second round.

It's a pleasure to be writing with you all. ^^

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Fri May 27, 2016 12:24 am
View Likes
Steggy says...

Alrighty. I posted something that came out of the blue and into that. If anything needs changing, let me know! Hopefully, I made the characters out to how they should be. Again, if not, let me know.

sorry if it is rather long. i kinda got a little carried away
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

112 Reviews

Fri May 27, 2016 1:59 am
View Likes
passenger says...

@Steggy Never apologize because your post is long! It was wonderful ^^

112 Reviews

Sat May 28, 2016 11:23 pm
View Likes
passenger says...

I've written up another post for Wes. @Chaser if you don't have a chance to get a post up by tomorrow morning, I'll go ahead and post mine, and we can start the second round of posts. That doesn't mean you can't post or have to wait until the end of the round, just post whenever you can. ^^

That goes for everyone, as well-- There's no specific order we have to stick to. Just generally try to stay away from posting one post directly after another for the same character. :)

Sometimes wisdom came from strange places, even from giant teenaged goldfish.
— Rick Riordan, The Mark of Athena