Young Writers Society

Camp Ladon DT

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Fri May 06, 2016 7:57 pm
passenger says...

Okay, awesome!

Is creating mermaids/mermen allowed?
"We accept the love we think we deserve." -Stephen Chbosky's Perks of Being a Wallflower

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri May 06, 2016 7:59 pm
View Likes
Vervain says...

Mermaids and mermen would be allowed! My character, Marley, is a freshwater nymph, but she'd be glad to share her lake with someone else :P
stay off the faerie paths

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Fri May 06, 2016 8:22 pm
Auxiira says...

Hey Ark! Haven't decided on Director or Camper I mean I really don't mind so tell me which one you'd prefer!

(also you'll probably have to harass me a lot and I've got exams but lol procrastination)
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

425 Reviews

Fri May 06, 2016 8:32 pm
Vervain says...

Hehe, well, I have someone in mind for the director already (because SCHEMING) but if he can't do it then you're on that list for sure :P

So if you want to go ahead and snag a camper, I'd love to have you!

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Fri May 06, 2016 8:35 pm
SpiritedWolfe says...

I'ma swoop in and take that last spot if that's okay ^^
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

425 Reviews

Fri May 06, 2016 8:37 pm
Vervain says...

All yours!~

That's all six of our playable campers taken! Don't forget, you can check out the official WFP to get a feel for the other characters, chat with your other campers and counselors, so on and so forth ;D

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Fri May 06, 2016 8:56 pm
HazelGrace16 says...

Im planning on making a girl. Just letting ya'll know!!
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

425 Reviews

Fri May 06, 2016 9:21 pm
View Likes
Vervain says...

Have a quick map!

And a rundown on important locations:
Spoiler! :
The House - where the Director seems to live. Every camper passes through on their way into camp; it's a large, almost bare home in the style of a huge log cabin. Two stories tall.

Cabins - your new living spaces, with the sparsest amenities. Sinks and showers? You'll have to go out back for those, to the little brown buildings almost hidden in the woods, and no one wants to make that short walk at night. At least if you're in the north cabins, you're right by the fire pit.

Counselors' Cabins - a little spread out across the camp. One counselor (rumors are that he doesn't care about anything) has a sometimes-residence by the north cabins; the other (who can make you do whatever he wants) has a cabin built into a massive tree on the south side of camp. The third, Marley, has a submerged home on the north side of Lake Hesper.

The Courtyard - where everything happens. Camp Ladon is very sparse, and seems to have little room for storage, but all the equipment for the day's activities are bound to appear in the courtyard that morning. From canoes and life vests to bows and arrows, anything could show up. It's also where the big table is rolled out in the evening for all the campers to eat at.

And yes, that's a barbed wire fence.

Your campers will be randomly assigned to one of the three counselors, and again randomly assigned to another camper as their partner for the duration of the summer.

Due to his unique circumstances, Aris will be given a room in Marley's underwater cabin for the summer. ^^

Any other questions?

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Fri May 06, 2016 10:58 pm
View Likes
Craz says...

uh, hi xp

I'm too late to snag any of the camper spots, so is it ok if I can be like a backup if someone drops out or something happens? Is that ok?
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

67 Reviews

Fri May 06, 2016 11:22 pm
View Likes
Auxiira says...

Is a moody Centauride oaky? (a female centaur) Comes with all the hotheadedness of her male counterparts, and can change into a human if she concentrates very, very hard.

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

425 Reviews

Sat May 07, 2016 2:51 am
Vervain says...

Sorry for taking so long to respond! ^^;

@Craz, sounds good to me!

And Auxi, that would be brilliant!

67 Reviews

Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:50 pm
Auxiira says...

*boops*

I'll get in my profile tonight or tomorrow!

425 Reviews

Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:57 pm
View Likes
Vervain says...

Awesome! I'm hoping to get this moving quick as soon as all the profiles are in, so while you finish that, I'll work on an intro post as Marley c:

67 Reviews

Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:16 pm
Auxiira says...

*poke?*

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:14 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Are we still doing this, too, @Lareine? Cause I need to do my profile!
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

β€œIt's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

β€œI am not worried, Harry," said Dumbledore, his voice a little stronger despite the freezing water. "I am with you.”
— Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince