z

Young Writers Society

Escape DT

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Tue May 03, 2016 11:21 pm
View Likes
Eternity says...

This DT is for Escape. Talk here about character development or any questions you have. Really anything about the storybook is welcome here.

--

Summary

A group of kidnapped kids are trapped in an unknown location that is basically a jail. They each have their own cell and not only that, but they also have a uniform. This uniform is like a military uniform though, and that's what the entirety of this book is about. There's a room that each "prisoner" goes to that stimulates the prisoner's worst fears. Seeing if they overcome them or not, the people running the jail assign a task to each prisoner.

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Wed May 04, 2016 2:01 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

Hello there! I'm quite interested in your SB ^^ I have a few questions, though ~

There will be character interactions, yes? Like, will they be going outside their cells and mingling and stuff? As well as, what if a character can't overcome their fears? Are they put back in the place again and again? Is this ongoing or is it kind of a random thing that happens (as in, they kind of live as prisoners elsewhere and then they're put in the cell at random intervals or do they live there?)

Uh, one final question that might be revealed as the SB goes in is what's the point in these tests? What are the jailers trying to accomplish?
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

82 Reviews

Wed May 04, 2016 2:09 am
Eternity says...

Hello, SpiritedWolfe. I'm excited that you are interested. Here are the answers to your questions:

Will there be character interactions?
Yes, of course.

What if a character can't overcome their fears? Are they put back in the place again and again?
If a character can't overcome their fears, they are held as soldiers at the jail. Due to a chip implanted within the character once kidnapped, they lose their memory (part of it) and they have only the actions of a regular human and soldier on mind. The chip can break within, causing them to remember, but that's only if you want the character to remember. In the end, that'll happen in a way. However, it'll just flow. The characters never truly leave the jail. It's basically one HUGE facility.

Is this ongoing or is it kind of a random thing that happens?
They live there, basically. After they're kidnapped, they're trapped within this facility.

What's the point in these tests? What are the jailers trying to accomplish?
An army. Basically the people who run it want a strong army, and the point in the tests are to see what they're weaknesses and strong qualities are.

I hope this helped.

275 Reviews

Reviews: 275
Wed May 04, 2016 2:12 am
elysian says...

*chips in* So does the stimulate the challenges, or the room itself? do they sleep in a separate room from the one with the challenges?
elysian: (adj.) beautiful or creative; divinely inspired; peaceful and perfect.

formally lylas.

82 Reviews

Wed May 04, 2016 2:16 am
Eternity says...

Each person has their own cell. There are five simulation rooms that simulate the prisoners fears.

767 Reviews

Wed May 04, 2016 2:18 am
SpiritedWolfe says...

So they sleep with their fears? How will the characters ever interact? Or get necessities like food and water >.>

[she/her]

82 Reviews

Wed May 04, 2016 2:22 am
Eternity says...

Not in the simulation rooms, just in their cells. The characters are let out of their cells for interact during the day.

767 Reviews

Wed May 04, 2016 2:24 am
SpiritedWolfe says...

Ohhh. So there are completely different rooms for simulations? I had misunderstood ^^ I'd thought the fears thing would occur within their cells.

[she/her]

82 Reviews

Wed May 04, 2016 2:27 am
Eternity says...

Ohh okay. Yup, so that's the basic run down of the story. If you want, you can make a character now if you're going to join in and I'll approve of him/her once it's done.

275 Reviews

Wed May 04, 2016 2:33 am
elysian says...

I think I'll have my character up by tomorrow, if that's okay ;-)

formally lylas.

82 Reviews

Wed May 04, 2016 2:34 am
View Likes
Eternity says...

That's totally okay.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Wed May 04, 2016 4:04 pm
TheSilverFox says...

@Gymnast2801, I have deleted your duplicate of your character's profile in the main Storybook thread, as the thread itself is generally for Storybook posts only. We like to keep it from being cluttered by any other kinds of posts, such as Character Profiles posted here, topics that are more appropriate for the Discussion Thread, or even asking to join. However, it seems that you have already created a Character Profile for this SB, so I'm assuming you made the post in the SB and then discovered where CPs go. Regardless, I've deleted the duplicate, and I just want you keep this in mind in the future, okay? There isn't a problem at all, and you certainly aren't in trouble; just wanted to make sure that the SB topic isn't cluttered. Have a nice day, and welcome to the SB forums; may you have a great time here! :D

P.S.: I have also deleted your duplicate of your character's profile in the Storybook thread for the Warrior Cats RP, please see the above for the explanation as to why I did that.
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

275 Reviews

Thu May 05, 2016 2:12 am
elysian says...

First I have to ask @Eternity, is this going SB going to be able to have a small amount of romance in it? Not too much, but just a little? And are the prisoners allowed to have their own clothes? or do they wear a uniform?

Next, if yes to love interests, @SpiritedWolfe, Max up for love? I will be posting my character Eden soon, so check that out and tell me what you think :-)

formally lylas.

82 Reviews

Thu May 05, 2016 2:17 am
View Likes
Eternity says...

There can be as much romance as you want and they're in uniforms.

275 Reviews

Thu May 05, 2016 2:27 am
elysian says...

I submitted Eden! Once I know you approve I'll get straight to work on my post :-)

formally lylas.

“Rise like Lions after slumber In unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew Which in sleep had fallen on you— Ye are many—they are few.”
— Mary Shelly