Young Writers Society

Feather DT

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue May 03, 2016 4:39 am
View Likes
Vervain says...

It's fine, I get it xD Life happens!

And ewwww, wisdom teeth. Best of luck with that, and a speedy recovery!

On the bright side, I did buckle down and make myself plot out all these little twists and turns, but you guys are probably going to throw fifty more at me the second we get started plotting together :P Right now, my plotting is formatted so it can change depending on what characters decide to do what, so all I need is character reaction input as we approach the big decisions c: And some little decisions, too. You know, I might not warn you what's going to change the plot irrevocably... :P

But so far, the SB is split up into eight chapters, more or less. They won't be too long, I don't think, and I hope the pacing is going to be good c:

We'll be starting with Chapter One: Objectives when we're all ready. It's going to start with what is, largely, a normal day in the life of your character, so please feel free to start writing your posts now! Just get in contact with me when you're almost done, and I'll work with you on the little bit from the Crow Man. I'm going to write up an NPC post to start us off sometime tonight/tomorrow (but I'll be car-hunting tomorrow, so it probably won't be up until tomorrow evening), but it's mainly going to be setting the scene and won't have a direct impact on any playable characters.
stay off the faerie paths

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Tue May 03, 2016 4:43 am
View Likes
Holysocks says...

Thanks Lare! And good to hear! c:
100% autistic

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Wed May 04, 2016 2:01 am
View Likes
Lightsong says...

I'll be waiting for the NPC post! c:
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

425 Reviews

Wed May 04, 2016 4:19 pm
View Likes
Vervain says...

NPC post is up!

As a reminder, I need to have a bit of an NPC part in each of your posts c: Since it's the beginning of the SB, I'd prefer if I wrote it in; as we get further into the story, I'll probably leave a bit more of the NPC writing up to y'all individually (so long as you don't go completely changing my plot on me :P).

So please just let me know when you're almost done with your post and the Crow Man will pay you a visit c:

Also! A note on the Crow Man: Really, he has no concept of distance. (I'll probably often-enough write him leaving one place on the map and being immediately in another place fairly far away.) He's been a part of Lorne's magic ever since it was separated from the rest of the world, so he's basically become a part of Lorne itself, and he can get to any spot on the map in the blink of an eye. c:

494 Reviews

Wed May 04, 2016 4:30 pm
View Likes
Holysocks says...

I was thinking of perhaps working on my first one in the WFP- so then. Lare, you could add on what was needed for the other stuff and stuff perhaps. Would that be alright if I did that?
100% autistic

425 Reviews

Wed May 04, 2016 4:34 pm
View Likes
Vervain says...

That would be totally fine! However and wherever you want to write your post, it's fine by me ^^

I might not be able to get around to much until this evening, so I do beg a little patience. I kind of just spent my last few energy points on catching up on SB stuff, but I should be feeling better in a few hours.

494 Reviews

Wed May 04, 2016 4:37 pm
View Likes
Holysocks says...

Okay! ^_^ Rest up <3
100% autistic

494 Reviews

Wed May 04, 2016 5:28 pm
View Likes
Holysocks says...

I think I finished most of mine in the WFP, just so you're aware.
100% autistic

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Thu May 05, 2016 1:49 am
Lightsong says...

Alright! I'm going to start my post soon, and I'll insert it into the WFP first to allow you to add in the Crow Man part. Hopefully I can buy a high Internet connection to do this. :)
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

425 Reviews

Fri May 06, 2016 3:01 am
View Likes
Vervain says...

@Holysocks just letting you know that the Crow Man visited your post in the WFP, feel free to edit or change or add to it yourself so it meshes as well as possible!

I'll be working on my post for Beth, and @Hattable @ScarlettFire don't forget to work on your posts for Rohn and Alyc as well! c: And if you guys have any questions about the world or things you want to incorporate, of course feel free to ask me!

494 Reviews

Fri May 06, 2016 3:02 pm
Holysocks says...

It looks great, Lare! I didn't need to tweak anything that I saw. Should I post it now? I'm going to be away the rest of the weekend and beyond because I have another minor surgery thing happening.
100% autistic

425 Reviews

Fri May 06, 2016 3:55 pm
View Likes
Vervain says...

Posting it now would be great! (We should probably figure out some sort of posting order, haha, but that can wait until we're further into the story and have a better sense of how it's going :P) And best of luck with the surgery stuff!

425 Reviews

Sat May 07, 2016 3:07 pm
View Likes
Vervain says...

@Hattable @ScarlettFire @Lightsong -- let's all buckle down and try to get our first posts done with by May 10th! I don't want to rush you guys, I'd just love to get the story moving, so take your time (but have a time limit :P).

I'll be finishing up Beth's post today or tomorrow, so hopefully that'll be up soon.

425 Reviews

Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:01 pm
Vervain says...

Oh wow I'm so sorry this kind of got quiet!

@Lightsong, I'll get the Crow Man's part in your post today while I'm working on finishing up Beth's!

@ScarlettFire @Hattable please let me know an approximate time when you can get me your posts -- they don't have to be super long or anything, just something to get the story moving~

425 Reviews

Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:39 pm
View Likes
Vervain says...

I got Beth's post up!

@Lightsong I actually have a few edits I asked you to make in the official pad (for worldbuilding purposes), but I did get the Crow Man's part added in c: once you make the edits, you can go ahead and put up Kael's post!

I don't think so alliyah, but don't quote me on that.
— TheBlueCat