:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Wed May 18, 2016 10:41 pm
Ventomology says...

Well, I was going to ask what y'all thought about the new starters, but no one else mentioned them on here, so I just didn't say anything...
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Wed May 18, 2016 10:55 pm
StupidSoup says...

All of them look like plush dolls. I feel like their evolutions will be cool though.
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Wed May 18, 2016 11:08 pm
TheSilverFox says...

@Buggiedude2340: Oh, the new starters? Ah, I knew I had forgotten to mention something on here. XD

Yeah, I watched the new video a couple of times (don't look at me like that; I just really like this stuff. :P). I though they were fairly cool, anyhow. I honestly think the Fire-type starter is eerily like a series of other cat-like fire-types, or at least fairly similar to Fennekin and its evolutions. Otherwise, the rest were fairly unique, as were the Legendaries they displayed (and those were just plain awesome; I can't wait to get them. XD). And yeah, basically what Number's saying. Given what the evolutions of the starters have looked like over the generations, though, I'm sure their final forms will be epic. I'm definitely looking forward to that. :D

In the meantime, I'm probably going to spend part of my summer playing through X and Alpha Sapphire in preparation for either Sun or Moon. Because, let's face it, I like what I see, and I want to get one of those games. And now I'm getting a kick out of playing Alpha Sapphire, mostly because I'm getting the sneaking suspicion that I'm ruining the lives of everybody I battle. I mean, so many people who originally had goals like fighting Gym Leaders or catching Pokemon have apparently trained the ones they already have to a ridiculous level for their locales to fight me in a rematch, even though they could easily accomplish their initial goals now and become even stronger and more formidable. And if there's a Coast Guard, it sure isn't helping all those people stranded on islands in the middle of the currents complaining about how they've been stranded there. But since they're all crazy enough to challenge me to a fight, full well-knowing that they'll lack any resources to escape if I faint theirs, I can't say that any of these people are particularly bright. :P

But yeah, I'm just roaming around in those games. Going to places I didn't think of visiting before, crushing all those early-game people I couldn't reach because I lacked Cut or something else, and laughing at how surprised they are when their sorely underleved Pokemon are defeated soundly...it's been a blast. XD

(if anyone has a Nintendo 3DS and a Friend Code, maybe we could exchange ours, if we haven't done so already?)

Edit: Apparently, in Pokemon X, by a TM, you can teach Dugtrio the move Aerial Ace. Yes. Dugtrio. Aerial Ace. I couldn't resist. I'm laughing so hard right now. XD
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Thu May 19, 2016 7:48 am
BrumalHunter says...

*sees talk about new region's Pokémon; regrets requesting discussion; initiates Gen VII filtering protocol*

I want to know more about the new Pokémon, but I also want to buy Moon once it's released. How many Pokémon are usually revealed ahead of the launch, and which ones are they usually?
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Thu May 19, 2016 1:01 pm
View Likes
Ventomology says...

I'm fairly sure they release the starters and their evolutions, all the legendary Pokemon that you can catch in normal gameplay, some kind of electric rodent, the version specific Pokemon, and a couple of Pokemon which can be caught early in the game.
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

293 Reviews

Thu May 19, 2016 1:33 pm
BrumalHunter says...

@Tortwag, what did you do whenever a new region's Pokémon were revealed? Wait until you played the game, or join the hype build-up like everybody else?
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Thu May 19, 2016 4:16 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Buggiedude2340 Or special ones/early designs. Because neither Zoroark nor Lucario could be caught early in the game. Neither could Munchlax and Chatot - all of which were revealed VERY early (and even promoted in the Anime). But aside that your summary is spot on.

@AstralHunter I usually hype myself up alone, y'know. Buy buying a new edition of the Super Pokedex and choosing in advance who I'd like. For example, back when 3rd Gen was announced, a LOT of people wanted to take Blaziken immediately because it appeared during the 2nd Gen anime arc (AKA was completely knew and unknown) and defeated Ash's Charizard (doesn't mean Ash lost the match, you'll have to watch it yourself :p), but I didn't join in that hype. I took Swampert/Mudkip, after all.

Oh and I only join the hype of something when I know I can get it. Since I know I won't be getting these two any time soon (just like I never got my hands on ORAS, which is has Hoenn, AKA my favorite region, or X and Y, which I only know a lot about because Anime), I'm not really hyped for it.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

293 Reviews

Fri May 20, 2016 11:25 am
BrumalHunter says...

If that is the case, @Buggiedude2340 and @Tortwag, then remaining ignorant about the new releases would be foolish and downright stupid. It's not like there won't be any surprises left in the game itself, so while Showdown will have to be avoided when it brings Gen VII online, the rest is fair game.

Having said that in a rather long-winded manner, I shall reply later. (Or really soon. Who knows?)
— Paul the Apostle

293 Reviews

Fri May 20, 2016 12:03 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Very quickly it is. I'm reading through BulbaNewsNOW's tweets and found the YouTube trailer that the Pokémon Company released. My commentary is in the spoiler below in the event @Robusto, who is still on his mission in South America (I sadly forgot where), hasn't seen it yet and would like to.

Spoiler! :
♦ At last! From the little I've seen of Gen VI's actual gameplay, the PC finally employed proper 3D animation, but it was still kind-of iffy. Now, though, the graphics at least look respectable. Considering it's 2016 already and that there are numerous examples of astonishingly realistic graphics, I'd say it took them bloody long enough. (They only got away with it because of their reputation.)
♦ The "Alola" region? No offense intended, but not only is that the most ridiculous name of the seven thus far (you could even say it's the only ridiculous one), but it also reminds me of the Hawaiian word "Aloha". Since your in-game cousin calls it paradise, I assume the PC went for a friendly atmosphere. I wonder what the new syndicate will be like...
♦ I can see what you mean by they all look like plush dolls, @StupidSoup. Rowlet is, in my opinion, the cutest of the three, but I'm definitely glad they chose an owl again. Considering Noctowl's design, Rowlet will probably look quite intimidating.
♦ I am normally not a cat person, but when I eventually play the game, I'm choosing Litten. I usually choose either Water or Fire (Charizard, Meganium, Swampert, Empoleon, Samurott, Delphox), but in this case, I'm definitely going fire. It would be so great if Litten's final form was a tiger, since it is my second favourite animal and used to be my favourite before I discovered wolves.
♦ Poplio looks cute and I get the feeling Tort would choose him, but we've only had cute pinnipeds thus far. Okay, fine, Walrein isn't cute, but he's not that daunting either. It will be refreshing if they have a spectacularly intimidating sea lion.
♦ I caught a glimpse of these two yesterday while showing my brother something in the Pokédex and I was immediately excited. Now that I've seen them up close, they look quite unique, but am I the only one who thinks they look strikingly like a Mega Pyroar and a Mega Noivern? Most likely not. Whether that bat is a Legendary or indeed the future form of Zulu, I am now more determined than ever to buy Moon.

Oh, hey! There's a Japanese trailer too, but it's different from the English one. There's not much to see, except that you get to customise your appearance, which is awesome and definitely another good first step in the right direction.

Apparently, more information will be released on June 2nd. I've mentioned before that's the day on which I write my last exam for the semester, so I'll look forward to watching the release once I get back.
— Paul the Apostle

40 Reviews

Fri May 20, 2016 2:20 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@AstralHunter Actually Astral, games such as Pokemon Colosseum, Gale of Darkness and especially Battle Revolution blessed us with pretty darn good-looking 3D pokemon. (and people constantly forget they exist, I'm not sure why)
They just couldn't do it for handheld versions because the DS consoles weren't powerful enough - hence why they did it on Gamecube and Wii before, and then 3DS showed up. So... yeah, they had actually done it already.

I mean maybe you already knew this, but you didn't mention it here, so I'm playing the informative role again.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

293 Reviews

Fri May 20, 2016 4:02 pm
BrumalHunter says...

That's true, @Tortwag, and I should have mentioned it. But yes, it's the first time that we'll be getting what appears to be a fully panoramic view of the environment. I hope they do follow through with that.
— Paul the Apostle

40 Reviews

Sat May 21, 2016 1:49 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

That's... also something Colosseum and Gale of Darkness totally had, but I guess you mean the first time main story games have that, since both of these are special adventures. Hmm.
*watches trailer* In fact the field of view Sun and Moon have in the trailer reminds me a lot of these two, so I'm pretty darn sure they used 'em as a basis to make it work even better here. Sweeeeet :3

And frankly, considering the direction X&Y then ORAS took, it does look like they're gonna follow that direction. Oh, and I cannot freakin' wait for the Sinnoh remakes. I wonder how they'll handle that, too. *crossing fingers*

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sat May 21, 2016 6:52 pm
StupidSoup says...

hopefully like CoD 4 remastered?

IT'S GONNA BE DANK
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sat May 21, 2016 9:24 pm
Poopsie says...

Yaassss
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Some people file their [tax] returns inside of a dead fish.
— John Oliver