z

Young Writers Society

PMD: Seventeen Plates DT 4

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:44 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

THE FIRST YEAR IS A BOARDGAME, BUT THAT'LL DO.
('sides I'm tecnically still workin' on my own thing in a meantime with a bunch of friends, so there)
BUT HEY I STILL NEED TO KEEP WRITIN'
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:38 pm
Poopsie says...

OOOOOHH YOU'RE LIKE CRIKEN!!!
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:44 am
Robusto says...

So, I've learned I'm pretty hard to reach during the week because of college. ^~^'
But every my classes end on Thursday, so I'm usually pretty free after that.
Yeah @Astralhunter, let's set up a time. What works for you?
And I'll send my post via PM to all who are interested. I mean, I feel I did a good job on it... but I also feel like there's something missing. Not sure what it is. Hopefully ye all can shed light on that.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:53 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Whenever you're likely to be available, @Robusto, it will almost certainly be late for me, so I'd rather you choose a time. I can always adapt my already awful sleeping patterns, but I am loath to ask the same of others. Besides, I'd go to sleep at three in the morning anytime if it means I get to catch up with a friend. During the week, it's a bit tougher to do so, since I have to get up much earlier than before, but during the weekend especially, I can retire and rise as late as I like.

Meanwhile, my post for Gabriel is progressing fabulously. I found a great link for sandstorm ambience, but I have yet to reach that part... (And I mean it's a few paragraphs away - the Lieutenant just teleported then to the Sazandora Desert.)
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

293 Reviews

Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:15 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Well, since @Robusto and I have still not spoken, I'll just go through with my plan and fill him in on it later.

Having said that, what do you guys (@TheSilverFox, @Poopsie, @StupidSoup, and @Tortwag), gal (@Buggiedude2340), and ghost (@Charizard821) prefer: do I include it as a mysterious end to my post, or do I make it a short "bonus post" (as Tort calls those) on its own?
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:51 pm
StupidSoup says...

make it a second novel.
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

293 Reviews

Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:16 pm
BrumalHunter says...

That answer is disqualified on the grounds of not being an option. ;)
— Paul the Apostle

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:20 pm
StupidSoup says...

Pfft. There's always a fourth/fifth/sixth/umpteenth option.
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:20 pm
TheSilverFox says...

@AstralHunter: Mysterious ending seems preferable, since I've always found those the most enthralling. Depends on your own discretion, of course.
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

40 Reviews

Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:09 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Eeeeeeeh, I like them bonus posts. But you're an epic writer, Astral. You can make mysterious ending work very well, so i'll go with that second option.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

62 Reviews

Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:02 pm
Poopsie says...

do a thng
The Poopsiest.

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

293 Reviews

Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:39 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Writing long posts is fun. ^_^
— Paul the Apostle

62 Reviews

Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:16 am
View Likes
Poopsie says...

Especially when they're good^
The Poopsiest.

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

293 Reviews

Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:33 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Well, what can be considered as "good" depends on the reception, I'd say. One can be pleased or displeased with one's work, but if it is received well, it could be considered good regardless. If, however, that was a compliment, then thank you. :D

With all the fantastic progress I've made - of which many hours were dedicated to pondering that mysterious last bit ;) - I can now promise you the post will be done within the week.

In the meantime, I'll continue keeping the thread active in @Robusto's absence, if nobody minds. I therefore ask you the following:
♦ Which occurrence in this storybook would scare* you the most?

*scare=make you nervous for your character's future

PS: Do NPCs like Absol count as being someobody else's character? NPCs belong to the author that created them, right?
— Paul the Apostle

40 Reviews

Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:07 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@AstralHunter Hoopa dying forever without means for me to do my the awesome epilogue scene I have in mind with him.
No seriously my unhealthy love for the little guy is almost as deep as what I feel for Ma- Weavile. Having watched the Hoopa movie - AKA The Archdjinni of the Rings, did not help my case.
I mean don't worry, I can still be impartial when it comes to him, I just... Don't wanna see him out of my reach. *cuddles with Hoopa figurine*

As for your PS... I think so? I mean I'm pretty sure Abby belongs to Robusto the same way Ariala/Spadassia belong to me. *shrug* I'm not sure about the "neutral" NPCs like the Legendaries though, since they technically all belong to Robusto.

No, it's not that you didn't succeed. You accomplished a lot, but, if you want to touch people, don't concentrate so much on rhyme and metre. Think more about what you want to say instead of how you're saying it.
— LCDR Geordi La Forge