PMD: Seventeen Plates DT 4

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:35 pm
StupidSoup says...

TEaCH ME SIRE
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:59 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Poopsie The first thing about life: Remove the word "impossible" from your vocabulary.

Second, if you're against it, you're not taken. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Money matters more than beliefs, unless beliefs bring money. Equality doesn't bring as much money as discrimination. So, yeah.

And third, you can, by disguising it. For example, if you say "oh, don't take that product, it doesn't relate to our national pride and values", you can basically be like "This isn't American, therefore, destroy it." Which is, as it happens, a form of discrimination.

Also, we're going to stop, riiiight here. Because clearly nothing I will say will ever convince you unless you experience it yourself - I know how harsh this sounds like, but just put it on the idea that I am an idiotic old wandering fool.

The original point was: open-world isn't a real thing, open-world games are hard to make, and GOOD ones are even harder. There you have it!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:44 am
Poopsie says...

wait what did i say

or at least what do you think i implied because i don't think we're talking about the same things
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

40 Reviews

Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:38 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

No, don't worry, there was nothing wrong about what you said. We are definitely talking about the same thing, only I, uh, kinda anticipated where this was going and decided to stop what I suspect will happen to prevent a conversation I know will most likely not be enjoyable in the long run.

So, like I said: I'm just being an old idiot, here.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:46 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Ahem, anyway...

After the Glacial and Hive Plates have been acquired, I believe the Warrior and Soul Plates will be due after that. However, there will come a point where we'll have to discontinue temporarily the search for any other Arcean Plates. Or at least, we need to stop finding them (trying to discover their location is fine, I suppose).

The reason for this is that a lot needs to happen before the cast can go after the Stratos Plate... and I mean a lot. Therefore, @Robusto and I encourage you to come up with personal subplots for your characters so that you have something to write about when that time comes. I know @Tortwag is sorted, so maybe some of us will be able to collaborate with him on that, but for now, if anyone has any ideas they want to propose or for which you want to ask advice, please PM both me and Robusto and we'll get back to you.

Alternatively, we can also use the plot discussion channel in Discord, or I could even create secret channels for your eyes only, if you'd like.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

40 Reviews

Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:36 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Thank you. I was done, don't worry.

Well, yeah. I mean, after the Hive and Glacial Plates there's going to be plot points that'll prevent us to fully focus on them anyways, but yeah as you said, in my case I've already got a few things planned and approved - which I'll go by your way again whenever I start these, just in case. Although, so far, I'm still very much locked, since I just completed a Psyche Battle post, and am still waiting for whatever comes after that.

From my understanding Zapdos is supposed to make an announcement, and Alek's supposed to take a decision after said Psyche Battle. If @Robusto is still struggling in general, I... wouldn't want you to write for Zulu on top of everything you already need to do, so, if it helps, I could do that.

Hmm, well, I think the plot discussion channel in Discord works just fine.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:26 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

encourage you to come up with personal subplots for your characters so that you have something to write about when that time comes.

*leans back in chair and smiles smugly* Yep, I have that covered!

*falls through back of chair*
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:42 pm
View Likes
Ventomology says...

Man, I was hoping to save the personal subplots for after the romantic one, but oh well.
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:16 am
View Likes
StupidSoup says...

I've been reading my own ridiculous character arch for Ren....

Im just going to ignore my posts before the resistance HQ
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:24 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

StupidSoup wrote:I've been reading my own ridiculous character arch for Ren....

Im just going to ignore my posts before the resistance HQ

I'm in a pretty similar boat. I'm a little happy that hunter hasn't gone far enough in his summary to come across my posts. <.<
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:42 am
View Likes
Poopsie says...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

i'd like to take this opportunity to say I am not planning on being an edgelord for that much longer (and i regret writing myself into this dark and scary corner)
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

40 Reviews

Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:33 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

They... Hmm, maybe it's because I'm used to reading all of you guys, but none of these stroke me as that bad? I mean, yeah, Frost is an edgelord, but he's basically misguided, corrupted by the plate he got and his current environment isn't exactly the sanest.
Ren has a... complicated life, but Absol isn't exactly the best of mentors and influences in general. Starting out as a not-fully-controlled evolved 'Mon didn't help his case, poor guy.
And Aegeas is the definition of complexity - which isn't a bad thing by itself, as we know - due to have lived a very long life. Also Volcanion is a troll. It's good to know y'all are going to change plans.

Personally the main problem I have with Twinkiel for example is that although he's realistically strong due to me carefully setting up each of his new tricks and then just expanding them, the species he's from evolves fairly quickly, which means that by the middle of the SB he'll have mastered most aspects of his powers, and will be almost completely untouchable. Like, seriously, he can already use a variety of beams and is pretty handy at using his electricity, and he happens to be part of the only species that evolves into a creature that shines so brightly you can see its light from space. Dude's Thunder/Light-Bending's gonna be too OP too fast (originally, I did this because I expected everybody else to be badasses by the time he became good at fighting, since y'know, I came in when 3 pages were already written).
I need to steup some plot points to fix that and place in some limiters.

Anyway, yeah, we've all got stuff to fix or modify, so, I guess this is a great opportunity to do so.

293 Reviews

Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:49 am
BrumalHunter says...

Pssh, if I have to record Gabriel's contradictory and seemingly inconsistent behaviour, as well as Fleur's initial lack of personality and purpose - like, good gosh, I cringe at my old writing as much as you do at yours, @StupidSoup, @TheSilverFox, and @Poopsie - then I shall have to record all of the above-mentioned too! *evil laughter*

In all fairness, I'd love for us to reach a point in the SB where all our characters are in a position to look back at everything they've done and go, "Wtf was wrong with us?" and share embarrassing stories. XD
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

40 Reviews

Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:01 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

We are SO going to make more Interludes in that secret cave and eventually do this, yes XD Or I guess we could stage a reunion in the Shrine of Safety and actually have them do it in character. That would be neat.

Edgelording,
Early OPness,
Inconsistencies,
Undefined Behavior,

There's so much to make fun of for all of us :3 But then I guess it makes sense, I mean, we had a lot to figure out along the way.

293 Reviews

Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:22 am
BrumalHunter says...

Agreed! Also, would everyone besides Fox (and Tort, in places) like the admin posts on the first page? That means you, Soup, Poopsie, and Buggie. And Robusto, whenever she gets around to it. It's scandalous that we're at the fourth DT and yet you still haven't done so. :P
— Paul the Apostle

I wish literally anything else I ever said made it into the quote generator.
— CowLogic