z

Young Writers Society

Mireworth School For The Gifted DT

Reviews: 2
Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:12 pm
ty7lucky says...

Ask me if you have any questions about the storybook, or if your interested in it.
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
-Douglas Adams

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:41 am
Lael says...

CP submitted! I hope that it's not too confusing. I know it's super, perhaps overly, descriptive, but that's me and CPs. ;)
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

81 Reviews

Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:09 pm
Lael says...

Where is the school located? Normal weather? Well I suppose weather would be unpredictable with all the students with nature powers. Heh heh.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

81 Reviews

Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:48 pm
Lael says...

@ty7lucky also what is the campus (rooms, classrooms, etc.) like? And what do they learn on a daily basis? If all they learn is to use their powers, is there an alterior purpose behind the school? (Well actually that would be a plot twist so you probably wouldn't tell me if it was true. ;)) And if they only learn powers, do they have a fake report card kind of thing? Because Evan's dad thinks his (normal) education is very important and doesn't know about the purpose of the school to help the students control their powers, so that would kind of be necessary.

Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:59 pm
ty7lucky says...

It is located on a hidden island. The weather is controlled by a person, He is a teacher and makes favorable weather. There are several parts of the campus, there is the main building where the students eat their meals and have most of their classes. They learn stuff like math, science, and english but they are not as emphasized. There is battle classes having to do with learning one on one combat and also battles between more than one person. Then there are classes that are specialized for certain powers. An example of how the classes would work is: Say my power is mind control and a small amount of telekinesis then I might have a class for my telekinesis, a class for mind control on animals, and then everyone has classes where you learn about other powers and how to defend against them and weaknesses. There are several teachers for each thing depending on how well you can use and control your power.
Then of course there are enrichment activities. They have free periods in their school day. They have things like a lounge where you can hang out with friends. There is an arcade. There are other things as well like sports, or a quiet reading room(which my character would love). But the favorite by far is the arena, in the arena you can fight others. Any wounds gotten inside the arena disappear after exiting, and if you are in a situation where you are dying then you are teleported out. So pretty much everything resets even you in the arena even you. They have tournaments and rankings.
Then there are the dormitories. If you are the first of your group feel free to make up your own dormitory.
There are some areas that are forbidden to students like in the Jungle, they say it's because it's unsafe but some students think there's another reason. People believe there may be an alterior cause for the school
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
-Douglas Adams

81 Reviews

Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:40 am
Lael says...

Okay, sounds good! Is there any special location where all of the students go to then be taken to the island (like a city or port, etc.)? @ty7lucky

Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:29 am
ty7lucky says...

Yes, there is a hidden plane in Salt Lake. To get to the plane they go through a special door using a pass given to them in the acceptance letter.
-Douglas Adams

81 Reviews

Wed May 11, 2016 3:20 am
Lael says...

Do you think this SB died even before it started? No one is interested. :(

Wed May 11, 2016 3:24 am
ty7lucky says...

yeah
-Douglas Adams

Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend.
— Corey Ford