z

Young Writers Society

Highschool Zombie Apocalypse

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:36 pm
XxXTheSwordsmanXxX says...

((Largely based on the idea from Highschool of the Dead.))

"Welcome to Clayton, the New York of North Carolina! This large urban city is filled with a populace to match the city size. Multiple skyscrapers stretch toward the sky with a maze of roads and buildings that stretch out in all directions. Five miles from the coast, come catch a few rays or spend your time traveling through our wonderful downtown shopping center. Don't miss our Pharaoh exhibit at the Museum of Natural History."

This is the greeting you would see in a pamphlet for Clayton, North Carolina. A large urban city with just about every store or attraction that one can imagine. This story begins at Clayton High School. The usual boring school day is in session and most everyone is in class listening to dull lectures. What everyone doesn't realize that while this may have started as a perfect day....it is about to become the perfect hell...

Rules
1.I realize that this is an RP based off of a rather mature anime, however that doesn't mean that we have to make it just as mature. Please adhere to all of the rules within YWS.
2.In terms of language use I am going to leave that up to those that are interested in joining. I personally don't have a problem with it, but if we want to make this more of a all ages allowed RP, I am fine with that as well.
3.All characters are meant to be human and without superpowers. Semi-realistic. Though unique skills (Such as being able to jump start a car) are allowed but please keep it somewhat limited. No people that are able to survive a zombie apocalypse with a stick of gum and a paperclip.
4.Romace is allowed.
5.No controlling other people's character without permission.
6.No God-Moding
7.Most important rule....have fun! This is all meant for the enjoyment of the group, so please have fun.

General Zombie info

I am going to say that none of the characters for this RP are aware of any of this information without either spending time studying them or through personal experience. The source of this disease is completely unknown, even by the military and the governments of the world. No one knows how or where it started. It seemed to be everywhere at once all of a sudden.

As there are a HUGE selection of zombie types out there, I am going to stick with the ones that are within the Highschool of the Dead world. For those of you that aren't aware of what those are, allow me to explain.

While they are your normal style zombies in a sense (Consuming flesh, turning anyone bit into one of them) there are a few minor differences. For one thing, these zombies do no hunt by sight or by smell, even touching them does nothing. They hunt by sound, meaning that you could sneak through a crowd of zombies as long as you made little to no noise. A gasp, a yelp, or stumbling over your own two feet and falling will immediately alert them to you and well....I'm sure you all know what the outcome will be.

These zombies are not fast mainly shuffling and stumbling about. They can walk up stairs, but they can't walk down if they are slightly relatively steep (Like those you might find in a mall or an escalator). Steep hills also give them trouble, but they are usually able to recover from such falls.

Zombies retain their incredible strength in this version. Getting grabbed by one doesn't mean certain death, but it would be like Arnold Schwarzenegger grabbing hold of you. You can get out, it will just take some work.

Bites are the only means of transferring the disease. If a person is bitten they have a max of one hour before they die. After death it takes no longer than a minute for the dead to become a zombie.

Character sheet

All characters will begin in the high school, so please create one that actually makes sense for being there. No war veterans unless they became a science teacher or something. If/when we leave the school if people would like to add characters from outside the school then that is fine.

Name:
Personality:
Best School Subject:
Skills: (Please give a reason as to why a person has a certain skill. For instance, my character is going to have experience with ken-jutsu and hand-to-hand combat. Reason being that his grandfather is an instructor and was giving him lessons.)
Bio: (A brief summary of what kind of character they are and perhaps more information as to why a character has the skills that they have.)

107 Reviews

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:53 am
Spartan118 says...

I know my character is going to have a skill with guns and how to assemble and use them properly. He was trained by military personnel to be a soldier for the USA. And he might have a small knife with him at all times just so he can stab the zombies.

107 Reviews

Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:52 am
View Likes

That would be good. Not saying no it but just as a reminder. The zombies are attracted to sound. They are drawn to it. Gun fire, depending on the caliber, can be heard up to a mile around. Just food for thought.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:47 pm
Basil says...

Ooh may I join?! :3
Dorian, are you the one adding all the spices to our food?
Of course I am.
Why?
Because frankly the food here tastes like poorly cooked sawdust. It genuinely tastes how Solas looks.

107 Reviews

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:46 pm
captainearth says...

me to
Spoiler! :
i'm not a captain :P

107 Reviews

Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:20 pm

Glad to see some interest in this.

107 Reviews

Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:10 pm

Alright. The rp thread is up . Make yourself a character and post.

107 Reviews

Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:06 pm

If anyone has any questions or suggestions just speak them.

107 Reviews

Mon May 02, 2016 3:34 pm

Still open for those that want to participate.

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Mon May 02, 2016 9:27 pm
Kanome says...

I wish to join.
PROTECTOR OF LIGHT
Knight of the Green Room

107 Reviews

Mon May 02, 2016 11:36 pm

Kanome wrote:I wish to join.

Please do so! We are needing a few more characters.

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Tue May 03, 2016 3:39 pm
Gravity says...

Can I join? I have told myself adamantly not to join any more storybooks, but I've been waiting for a zombie SB for so long.
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

107 Reviews

Tue May 03, 2016 3:52 pm

@Gravity Yes Please! We are needing more writers!

Despite everything, it's still you.
— TobyFox