Young Writers Society

Choices that Made us; DT

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:18 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

Abandon all hope...etcetera. Hello~

Welcome to the DT. Please feel free to ask all the questions you may have, as well as invite your friends, buddy up or criticise my need to write long explanations in profile templates and use small caps.

Illusive, Foxie and yours truly are the ultimate masters here; we respond well to interesting ideas, dragon hatchlings, mint chocolate cookies, what-if theories and bottled souls. Flattery might or might not work too.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

117 Reviews

Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:20 pm
crossroads says...

Lemme repeat this part:

The workshop is scheduled to (showing in your timezone, wherever you're reading this from). Please let us know in the DT when reserving characters if you'll be able to attend.
- they/them -

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:28 pm
Steggy says...

Hello~

I like to claim the lady (past). I'll be able to attend the workshop (if school isn't mean).
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:32 pm
Omni says...

Oh two storylines ^^ always willing to do that!

I'm up for doing The Empress, either past or now, depending on what the other person wants.

I will not be able to attend the workshop, as I have work.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:34 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Disclaimer: flattery does not work on me. :P

Code: Select all
[small-caps]small-caps code, for those interested[/small-caps]
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

117 Reviews

Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:36 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

Oh, yeah.

Here's some more info about the post formats and such:

Xy, the Djinni
The Past
---> start each post with your character's name and title, as well as the time your post is happening in, in bold

[There's some profanity below; keep your kids and teddy bears at safe distance] ---> IF you feel it's necessary for your post to have any bad language -- and I'll only be fine with that if it's in your character's nature to think or speak in such a way -- use a warning of some sort (with or without spoiler tags) before the body of your post.

[blablabla text] ---> try to keep your posts of reasonable length; interact with others; use proper English grammar

Note the following.

There will be a posting order of sorts. While this doesn't mean that anyone will be forced to post at any time, it does mean that you should allow for everyone else to post before doing so yourself.
Furthermore, each posting session (each person posting one post) will cover one week of story. This is flexible for the characters in the past, as they don't need to interact with each other as much and their storylines can get somewhat chaotic, but it's pretty strict for the characters in the Now. It's up to you whether you want to cover the entire week with one post, or focus on one day (or more, or less) and let the others fill in for your character by having them interact (collaborate on that; no one should write for another person's character without said other person around for more than a few short lines).

I will be posting short posts when the weeks change, saying "Week One/Two/etc", but if you wish to make a distinction in your post between the days of each week, or hours of a day, you're welcome to structure your paragraphs like a diary of sorts.

It would be amazing if we could all stick to the same format -- third person, past, or first person, past, or whatever -- but it's not necessary. Write how you feel comfortable, just keep consistent in your posts.

Edit: Whoa you're fast xD
- they/them -

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:45 pm
Omni says...

I will be posting short posts when the weeks change, saying "Week One/Two/etc", but if you wish to make a distinction in your post between the days of each week, or hours of a day, you're welcome to structure your paragraphs like a diary of sorts.

I think it would be cool if you also recapped what happened in that week because that's always fun to do!

Also, I'm fine with either first or third ^^
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:12 am
View Likes
Auxiira says...

just popping in to say, duh, I'll join just don't know what as yet.

Won't be able to come to the workshop because of work, unless it's still active 4 hours later :P
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

463 Reviews

Reviews: 463
Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:28 am
View Likes
megsug says...

I've missed storybooks. :3 Can I have Past Pirate because cute children with scary amounts of power yes please.
I will most likely be able to make the workshop. So far that Saturday is clear, but they have an annoying tendency to fill up at the last moment >.> I'll let you know for sure closer to the day.
Test

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:15 am
LordZeus says...

Hey @ChildOfNowhere I would very much like to have the character of the Dragon Count. However I will not be able to submit nor submit a CP for at least a week. Will that be alright? Also, unfortunately, I will not be able to attend the workshop as it is scheduled at half past midnight my time. I can't wait to write with you!

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:38 am
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

I'm writing an exam at the time of the workshop (found out yesterday), so I don't think I'll be able to attend it.
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

117 Reviews

Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:50 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

Why do you people have exams and school on Saturday, what's wrong with this world? ._.

It's okay, though, the pad with the workshop stuff will stay there for us to check out and write in whenever we feel like it anyway. I'm probably going to be there for a longer time than the workshop will last, plus the workshop itself is more about free collaboration than a very guided/structured thing, so I think we'll manage to catch up with each other ;)
Just don't forget, if you can't attend and are writing for a double char, to discuss the profile(s) with your other half whenever you have time before submitting the characters.

@Auxiira, since the count got claimed now and I know you were debating with yourself, should I count you as the djinni now?
- they/them -

117 Reviews

Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:52 am
crossroads says...

Oh, and @LordZeus, that's okay. We won't start the SB before the workshop's over, so you have at least a week anyway, and even if you don't have time to post right away you can just have the count come into the olay a bit later, since he doesn't necessarily live at the same place as anyone else anyway and might not interact with the others straigt away.
- they/them -

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:00 pm
View Likes
Auxiira says...

Aye that's good for me ^^ (YAY MORE COLLABS WITH YOU
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:47 pm
LordZeus says...

@ChildOfNowhere Great, thanks! One quick question:Around what age woukd the princess and lady be ? I onky ask this as you said that the Count's age would be close to their ages.

But what about second breakfast?
— Peregrin Took