z

Young Writers Society

Choices that Made us; DT

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:17 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

We start this weekend. I'll post the intro on Saturday or Sunday. After that I'll come up with posting order for the first week (in the story) to get things rolling (after that the order won't matter as much), so I suggest you start working on/thinking about your posts ;)

I've been waiting for the rest of the characters to be submitted (as well as for some PMs regarding my own character), but now I'm catching a break from irl work and I don't feel like waiting any more. Please submit the profiles if you haven't yet, preferably before I write up that first post.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:45 pm
TheSilverFox says...

Sure, I'll see if I can't write up my CP by Friday. Given my schoolwork and the fact I'm already writing a post for another SB (and it's going to be massive), not to mention planning on writing a post for a different SB, it might take me a little while to write it. Too, when you come up with the posting order, can I be towards the end? I only have a limited amount of time to write each day, and I'll be hard-pressed as my schoolwork begins to wind down. Is that okay?
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

117 Reviews

Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:51 pm
crossroads says...

Sure thing, Foxie. As far as I'm concerned, we could agree on the order instead of me making it alone -- I just want to avoid the "someone else will post so I'll wait" situation from every direction :mrgreen:
- they/them -

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Thu May 05, 2016 7:10 pm
LordZeus says...

*poke*

463 Reviews

Reviews: 463
Fri May 06, 2016 1:58 am
megsug says...

Just a heads up, I'm going to be internet-less this week, so if you start, I haven't abandoned the SB. I'm just away from civilization.
Test

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Fri May 06, 2016 12:55 pm
Auxiira says...

Sorry, I haven't been getting any Notifs for this even though I'm subscribed, and I've been very busy procrastinating from studying for my exams >.> Ri, feel free to harass me by PM / whatever form of communication you prefer
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Fri May 06, 2016 3:18 pm
mcleo1 says...

I've been writing a little but I still want to have my previous question answered. I'll just repost it here.

@Jhinx @soundofmind Hey, since the Present Lady will reside in the Palace with the Empress as an Ambassador, do you have any specifics about how it works there? Like I mean does the Empress trust her High Council, what ind of ruler is she and such?
Or like are there any differences between language, the people (like how they look or act).
Swimming in murky water is one of the more interesting things in life. :mrgreen:

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Mon May 09, 2016 3:57 pm
BrumalHunter says...

ChildOfNowhere wrote:Challenged Adventurers: @TheIllusiveIntellect, @Steggy, @mcleo1, @megsug, @Auxiira, @Jhinx, @TheSilverFox, @LordZeus, @ChildOfNowhere
Storybook: The Choices that Made us [w/characterisation workshop]
The Challenge: The challenge consists of three parts, but from what I've seen of you all so far I reckon none of them will give you any trouble.
A. Go to the workshop pad (the link is in the DT, and if you can't find it let me know) and chime in with your thoughts. Given the point B of this challenge, you don't need to post your CP there.
B. Submit your character profile to the SB - if you haven't been to the workshop or haven't had time to collaborate much yet, don't worry. Just put together as much of your character as you can, and submit that, noting what and why you left unsaid/incomplete.
C. Write your first post. Include a piece of your character's routine and an inciting incident that changes something (up to you to decide if you want this change to be on a large scale or not). Remember that each post covers a week, but flashbacks and such are fair game.
Completion Time: 1 post (+ the other stuff)
Credits Awarded: 2

It is too late to complete the challenge now, but if you had completed it before it expired, you have one more day (24 hours) to claim your credits.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

117 Reviews

Tue May 10, 2016 11:02 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

Given that it's my fault that we haven't started properly yet (I got pretty sick and am kinda writing this with a fever right now so excuse some potential typos and whatever), and unless that defies the code of the challenges, I'd propose that going to the workshop and submitting a character can still count for two points, and just submitting a character could count as one, because no one could write and submit the post so far.

Speaking of. Coming up. If any of you guys have a post ready and would like to start, though, feel free.
- they/them -

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:00 am
View Likes
Shady says...

So... is this alive? And if so, is it as un-started as it appears to be to an untrained eye (and therefore open to new participants?)

I was hiding from school when you first tagged me, Ri, but now I'm up for a SB if you're all still planning to continue with this. It looks like a cool idea, as always...

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

akdsjfh you know that feeling where you start writing a scene but then you get bored with the scene so you move on and start writing a different scene and then you get bored with that scene so you move on to an entirely different WIP and then you get bored with that so you move on-
— AceassinOfTheMoon