z

Young Writers Society

Choices that Made us; DT

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:34 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

@LordZeus: As I understand it, that's something that the writers of the princess and the lady will decide when they create their characters. Thus, you may want to collaborate with them to figure out the count's age.
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:36 pm
View Likes
mcleo1 says...

I'd like to be the now for the lady, and I'd probably be able to make the workshop.
Swimming in murky water is one of the more interesting things in life. :mrgreen:

34 Reviews

Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:25 pm
View Likes
mcleo1 says...

I just found out that last session for NMSI (some school program) is on saturday and ends at 2:30 ish. So I may make it but late depending on how far the workshop goes. And I might see if I get on my phone for it but then someone would have to message me the pad we're on instead of messages in the chat. (Or just on here). Sorry @Steggy
Well at least we've done part of The Lady so far.
Swimming in murky water is one of the more interesting things in life. :mrgreen:

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:16 pm
soundofmind says...

Hellooo, I would like to take the Empress spot.

So yeah, um... definitely wanna go to the workshop!! April 2, 2016 at 1:00 PM (on the clock I'm looking at), right? Cause that should work.

Will we be using skype???
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:22 am
View Likes
Omni says...

I'll be taking up the Empress Now and @soundofmind will be taking up the Past, as dicussed!
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:04 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

No Skype for now. We'll have the workshop in a writerfeedpad, and then see which method of communication we all prefer for later on (sometimes pads or such are more convenient than DTs, and sometimes it doesn't harm to have both).

For those of you who can't make the workshop, I'll message you the pad's address so you can read up on it later if you wish; and I will make a doc or pad for summed up character relations that we will all fill in, so it won't harm your participation in any way.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:36 am
soundofmind says...

I missed the workshop and I am sorry
(I may have slept in a lot a lot)
Please take this apology as a peace offering

117 Reviews

Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:35 am
crossroads says...

It didn't happen yet, Sound. The workshop's today (9pm for me; I know it's earlier for some and later for others), so you haven't missed a thing ;)
- they/them -

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:13 am
soundofmind says...

I am literally so disoriented my watch (which displays the date and time) is so wrong,,,

Everything is a lie

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:01 pm
TheSilverFox says...

Speaking of, I don't think I'll make it to the workshop. Apparently, I thought that I was free Saturday, but it turns out that my brother wants to go to a local gem show taking place this afternoon (and the workshop, for me, is around 1 pm). Thus, I don't think I'll be able to attend. Sorry about that, everybody; I could've sworn my weekend was free, but I didn't know about this until two or so days ago. <.<
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

117 Reviews

Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:16 pm
crossroads says...

One hour notice~

Could you all please say if you can be at the workshop? From what I gather, many of you ended up bust at the last moment, so I've lost count a bit.
Also.
If you'd prefer it moved an hour or several later, say so, I can do that, especially given that I seem to be in minority as far as timezones go. Respecting a schedule I made a week ago is less important to me than actually doing a workshop with the people ill be writing with, after all.
- they/them -

463 Reviews

Reviews: 463
Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:24 pm
megsug says...

I'll be there, but I'll also be baking a cake. I may be distracted at certain points.
Test

117 Reviews

Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:49 pm
crossroads says...

Okay.
The link to the pad is here --http://writerfeedpad.com/choices -- and it will stay there for as long as this SB shall live. I've decided to just leave it here, since we will keep using it anyway, and I'll also add it to the SB's intro post in case we get newcomers later on.

If you can't make it by scheduled time, that's okay -- I tweaked it a bit so it's structured in a way that doesn't require us all to talk at the same time anyway. Pop in as you can, stay as long as you can, basically.
- they/them -

34 Reviews

Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:38 pm
View Likes
mcleo1 says...

@Jhinx @soundofmind Hey, since the Present Lady will reside in the Palace with the Empress as an Ambassador, do you have any specifics about how it works there? Like I mean does the Empress trust her High Council, what ind of ruler is she and such?
Or like are there any differences between language, the people (like how they look or act).

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:49 pm
LordZeus says...

So what's happening with this SB?

Books give a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything
— Plato