z

Young Writers Society

rPMD: Guardians of Erebus DT

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:53 am
BrumalHunter says...

I'm about to start writing a post, but before I do, is there anyone who still wants to write for this? I require 100% honesty, because I have tonnes of ideas, but none of them will work if this is a one-man show. So, if you are no longer interested or don't truly want to continue, go ahead and say so - I can take it. If you feel bored with the idea, the plot, the current situation, let me know, since I'm open to suggestions.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:37 am
TheSilverFox says...

@AstralHunter: To be honest, it might be more of a question of whether or not we have time to write, instead of our enthusiasm. In my case, I have enough free time to balance my SBing endeavors with my writing projects and other hobbies, so I'm perfectly fine. But I notice a lot of people here are chronically busy, inactive, or are focusing on writing for other SBs first. I do believe everyone here is still enthusiastic, and we don't want to give up, but life has proved to be rather pushy and annoying, and so time constraints are a huge problem these days.
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:08 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

@AstralHunter I support this Fox's position. It's not enthusiasm that's missing: it's time. As you saw, I just managed to write a post for the other PMD SB (because I FINALLY managed to find a decent organization despite my work), but the second I released it, BAM, Intensive Week 2 shows up. It ends today.
Now I got 2 more posts for that same SB, one for you, 1 for another, and one for yet another. After PMD comes rPMD, so I plan to post for Dorian right after I caught up - after also catching up with the few posts I missed, as well.

I mean, your worries are like... normal, at worst. So it's a good thing that you adress it. My answer's still the same, though. Too loyal to quit, and I still wanna experiment with Dorian.

EDIT: ...Maybe I'll postpone Twinkiel and work on Dorian first. I don't mind, I just need to make sure it works with my... schedule, I guess.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

293 Reviews

Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:36 am
BrumalHunter says...

Thank you for your responses, @TheSilverFox and @Tortwag. If the storybook or DT was silent owing to a lack of enthusiasm, I would have preferred to learn something from it. In this case, however, I'll just let it be and keep it out of the archives when it's time to sweep out the dust. And yeah, I sort of do have to ask every now and then, just to probe the waters.

Anyway, thanks for the reassurance! I'll delay writing this post in favour of other storybooks in the meantime. Once Tort had posted, I shall then let the training commence.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:01 pm
Lumi says...

hOi, guardians of Erebus!

This is to let you all know that it's technically time for me to shuffle this bad boy off to the archives, but considering the holidays recently passed, all SBs are getting a two week extension for a new post to be made before they get rocketed off.

Anyone got a plan for a post? >:] I'm sure you could use it for this month's Captain's Challenge!
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

293 Reviews

Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:04 am
BrumalHunter says...

To any @Tortwag's out there, time is up! If all goes well, my post will be submitted within three hours. Posting may then commence in any order perferred, but if at all possible, I'd like for somebody to submit one before the next newsletter is published. I'll post here again when I'm done.

As a side note, the plans for Erebus are no longer available on the internet. That would be a problem, but I had the presence of mind to download them way back last year, so I'll upload them in this post (check the spoiler) and then link the first post to this one. So as far as you are concerned, it's business as usual.

Spoiler! :
Erebus View - Front.jpg

Erebus View - Left.jpg
Erebus View - Left.jpg (25.3 KiB) Viewed 132 times

Erebus View - Right.jpg
Erebus View - Right.jpg (22.69 KiB) Viewed 132 times

Erebus View - Rear.jpg
Erebus View - Rear.jpg (30.17 KiB) Viewed 132 times

Erebus Plans - First Floor.jpg

Erebus Plans - First Floor (Wings).jpg

Erebus Plans - Second Floor.jpg

Erebus Plans - Second Floor (Wings).jpg

Erebus Plans - Basement Floor.jpg

Erebus Plans - Basement Floor (Wings).jpg

Erebus Plans - Third Floor.jpg

Erebus Plans - Tower.jpg

EDIT: You know what? Just ignore this whole last part about the plans. I went back to the site and discovered everything was still there, so I'll just update the links. (It also turns out I forgot to download all the images, so I'm rectifying that too.)

EDIT 2: On second thought, if the site updates again, I'll have to fix the links a third time, so I'll just save myself any future difficulty and upload all my downloaded images here and proceed as I first planned. That way, it won't feel like I've wasted my time too much and the problem goes away forever.
— Paul the Apostle

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:56 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

...Before answering properly to this very important thing when I get home, I shall cry because of that mean sarcasm.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

293 Reviews

Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:24 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

And posted after three hours... plus four more. >_<

For the next round of posts, you all need simply write about the stylists coming in at eight and address your character's appearance. You don't have to write only about that, though, since character interaction is still the most fun to read! (And it might become tedious if everybody writes about the same thing.) Once everybody has posted, I'll have Hekate take the pictures and then you can do as you like until the late afternoon.

PS: If a certain ghost found herself ghost-tagged, she would be welcome to hang around and lurk. Perhaps she might even be tempted to return? Then again, a ghost's presence might just as well be nothing but the moaning wind. Or a stray cat, since those are apparently always present in horror flims. :P
— Paul the Apostle

293 Reviews

Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:56 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

I'm on Skype and Discord, and we can always use WFP, but whatever your chosen medium, @Carina, @Rydia, @StupidSoup and @Ventomology, you all have as of yet unscheduled dates with me. We need to discuss your character's abilities - and there's no way to chickening out. The alternative is that I decide for you completely, and we wouldn't want that, would we? :P
— Paul the Apostle

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:13 am
Ventomology says...

I dunno, Hunter. I like surprises. I'm definitely out this weekend and next, but if you shoot me a message, I'll respond. We can do a slow brainstorm and then draw some of the better ideas out of a hat.
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:26 am
View Likes
Carina says...

*is summoned*

It's already midterm which means painful exams and stress, but if you shoot me a PM, I can answer it! I'm a bit slow so I do apologize, but I'll answer it when I can.
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

293 Reviews

Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:58 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

@Carina, I'll create a list of abilities I think would be appropriate, then I'll PM that to you so you can just choose. Unless you want to choose some, but that could happen at a later to anyway. This is just to have the abilities settled - you don't need to do any writing yet. That doesn't mean you don't have to read the posts when you have time to relax... ;)
— Paul the Apostle

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:42 am
TheSilverFox says...

Look, I want to write something for this, and I can probably make the time to do so over the next couple of days, but I have no idea what I might want to write about. My fountain of inspiration seems to have dried, I'm afraid, and having that inspiration is one of my biggest motivators to write. I'm just worried that whatever I do post is likely to be perfunctory and/or dull. I mean, I'd like to try, but does anybody have ideas/prompts/prodding for me? <.<
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

293 Reviews

Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:43 am
BrumalHunter says...

@TheSilverFox, I was in the same position in which you are now a month ago, so if you'd like to chat about it, I would love to. I would be delighted to collaborate with any of you - or, you know, just supervise ;) - so you can drag me into WFP any time. (I'm totally up for making appointments.)

As for suggestions, the only things about which you guys and gals can really write at present is reacting to the unpleasant awakening, having breakfast, exploring, and talking to the stylists to get haircuts, new clothes, etc. I'll poke you on Skype once you're awake. Unless you still are?
— Paul the Apostle

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:46 pm
View Likes
Ventomology says...

Hey y'all!

I know writer's block is totally a thing right now for you because you probably haven't written (or maybe even thought) about you characters for a while. So maybe if anyone has thought about costumes, we could share that? (Also, I'm like super into drawing stuff for all my writing projects so I will sketch costumes.)

Just figured a bit of thinking/describing stuff would help get the creative juices flowing again.
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

you ever say spidgit finner unironically?
— FireEyes