z

Young Writers Society

rPMD: Guardians of Erebus DT

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:12 am
View Likes
StupidSoup says...

Guys Astrals making a novel. Be sure to praise his efforts!

(#firstgenbestgengetrektsunmoonnerdslolilyjkpleasedonthateme)
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:36 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

The post is done! All I need to do now is get the formatting right, and then we're ready to get going again. Err, sorry for leaving you with only nine days to complete the challenge. *embarrassed grin*
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:02 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Well, it took you long enough. I thought I was going to have to formally spam you again. :P

But, yes, I'll see to reading the post as soon as I can (although, based on what I've seen thus far, it looks fantastic. Honestly though, I'm not sure how I can read this in 20 minutes - I tend to be slow when I read through SB posts, although, if I want, I can certainly go faster). Probably not tonight, because of a few school assessments (which include a lot of homework, a speech, a few assessments for AP Government, and so on), but hopefully tomorrow. And then I can go and write my own post. Shouldn't be too hard, right? XD

...I hope it shouldn't be, at least. o-o
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:39 am
View Likes
Poopsie says...

Omagherd sick post man. Let me refresh my memory on characters and begin a post if my own. also. I heard their was a game room.

*Prepares incoming call of duty reference*
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:20 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@AstralHunter Booyah! You did it! I'll read that stuff whenever I can. Which should be this weekend. Still got lots of catchin' up to do with y'all.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:40 pm
View Likes
StupidSoup says...

Es novel. Es read later. Es good jawb o3o/
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

293 Reviews

Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:06 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Thanks for the positive feedback! And yes, luckily no spam is required...

As a reminder, the SB challenge is to describe a room that is not your character's bedroom in detail. (Note the plural "consoles" when the game room was mentioned; I wonder which two that might be...) Sight and touch are required, but using more senses is welcome.

One last thing: the music is referenced in-post since it actually plays in the background - I'll edit in a question about the intercoms in the- scratch that, I just added an explanation of the music. But anyway, I apologise if the music doesn't finish by the time you reach the next spoiler. If you were too fast, just wait for it to finish, please. (The music is worth the listen, after all.)
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

299 Reviews

Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:59 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

That post is a reminder of why I still have the energy to write in Storybooks. Just...wow, that was fantastic. It was fun, complex, and elaborate, and combined with the music (which I'm still listening to, by the way), this turned out to be a splendid and exuberant experience. And now I have plenty of ideas to write a post of my own, which I'll get to during tonight and over the course of the week. I'm especially curious to see how I'll work on Jeremiah's character development here. You portrayed his suspicion and questions incredibly accurately (especially when it came to the hidden cameras - I don't think he'll be happy about that), and it'll be interesting as I move Jeremiah across the castle and discuss some of his suspicions. At the same time, he's impressed, and for good reason. This place seems relatively tranquil, peaceful, and certainly less crowded and confusing than the city. So, he's bound to be a little curious and perhaps stressed, but by no means angry. He's found the kind of place he's always wanted to be, so I can't blame him. XD

Well done! :D

293 Reviews

Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:07 pm
BrumalHunter says...

On a random note, music will always be playing - even while everyone is asleep (the gloriousness of it notwithstanding, the pun was unintended). The mood changes with the time of day, though, so expect very soft, calm music at night and the cheerier music during the day. None of you are obliged to enspoiler examples, but if you want to, please poke me first so that I can help arrange it if need be. Have fun exploring!
— Paul the Apostle

299 Reviews

Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:46 am
TheSilverFox says...

@AstralHunter: Well, I always leave my radio on when I go to sleep at night, so that makes perfect sense to me (although I can't honestly come up with any good examples. I don't know a lot of classical pieces, nor piano pieces in general. And there's no way that I'd propose any songs of my own design, for obvious reasons).

Anyways, the post is underway! It's currently about 2,679 words. Actually, I was meaning to ask you, Hunter; I've moved everyone from their current position at the end of your post to the dining room, and described a large number of the rooms in between in the process, on top of further descriptions as Jeremiah reaches his own bedroom. Should I just end my post with him wandering off to head somewhere (probably to check the pool in the basement), and let everyone else have a chance to describe rooms? Or should I just have Jeremiah proceed to the basement and provide some further descriptions? What are your thoughts?

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:53 am
Poopsie says...

just starting my post
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

293 Reviews

Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:33 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Hmm. That sounds like a reasonable idea, @TheSilverFox, since you ought to have descrbed three rooms, which is quite sufficient. Somebody can always meet Jeremiah while he's at the lap pool and describe it as well as talk to him.

And that's great, @Poopsie!
— Paul the Apostle

293 Reviews

Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:41 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Another cute post, @Rydia! I'm intrigued to see how Marala will react when she gets into her first conversion or battle.
— Paul the Apostle

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:10 pm
Rydia says...

Why thank you @AstralHunter! And I expect she'll talk the enemy to defeat/ conversion or at least leave them feeling very confounded!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

293 Reviews

Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:36 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Who's next?
— Paul the Apostle

The last of the human freedoms is to choose one's attitudes.
— Viktor Frankl