z

Young Writers Society

rPMD: Guardians of Erebus DT

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:09 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Welcome to the unseen halls of Erebus, @Buggiedude2340, @Carina, @Poopsie, @Robusto, @Rydia, @SpiritedWolfe, @StupidSoup, @TheSilverFox, and @Tortwag, my friends and fellow storybookers! Here, you will find all posts not strictly in-character or in-universe, which is why the character template isn't in the storybook itself. If we should ever require more than one discussion topic, this post will stay here. The second and third posts (which will contain all the important information), however, will be copied and submitted in each new one.

Code: Select all
[center][bebas]Olympus Questionnaire[/bebas][/center]

[color=gray][size=100]Hey there! So, err, I assume Zeus – that’s the PC, Archibald Virtue – has already explained to you the weirdness that surrounds your current circumstances. In the event you are reading this and he has not yet done so, finish reading only this sentence and ask him for clarification. If you are [i]still[/i] reading this, then you had better be well-informed about your situation. If not, you are either defiant/disobedient and I predict we’ll have some trouble with you in future (though nothing that I can’t straighten out, I’m sure), or you’re too curious for your own good (which I’ll also have to handle).

Anyway, by now you’ve probably noticed two odd names: “Olympus” and “Zeus”. These are references to Greek mythology, which would be foreign to you even if you [i]didn’t[/i] have your memory wiped. (Sorry about that, and if you were wondering, yes, I love my parentheses.) I’d be more than happy to explain them to you, but for now, just know they are codenames. (You’ll become familiar with them eventually.) My codename (and the only name by which you’ll ever know me) is Hekate, your real-life John Clark, i.e. your On-site Coordinator for our epic version of Rainbow.

Now, as the person who will literally be the voice in your head throughout all of your daring missions, I need to know as much as possible about you before you even reach Erebus (my not-so-humble abode), since the action can start at any given moment, including the one at which point I’m typing this document. Therefore, you need to fill out the questionnaire with as much detail as possible. If anything confuses you or you don’t know what to do, don’t leave it blank; just write [i]something[/i], except when I specifically say otherwise. Oh, but please don’t write me an essay, since I’m not a teacher. I’m a hacker. Big difference. (Not that you’d know.)[/size]

[size=50]Disclaimer: The format in which this questionnaire is written is not completely original, as it is partly based off one I found online. I thank its creator in his absence. (Hopefully he doesn’t mind.)[/size][/color]

[i][b][size=150]█████ General Details[/size][/b][/i]

[size=120]♦ [b]It begins here! You obviously have no idea who you are, and neither do I, so this section will be used to gather the basic information. If you can remember your given name, you’re either lying or have a false memory, so make one up for yourself. It can be whatever you like, from traditional names like Samantha or David, to more exotic names such as Anastasia or Dhiren, or even nouns like “Shadow” or “Frost”.[/b]

[color=character's favourite]…[/color]

♦ [b]Unfortunately, here comes your first reality check: you can’t always get what you want. While being called “Frost” or “Shadow” would be epic, in today’s society, people don’t have names like that. (We aren’t in a fantasy roleplaying game, you know.) This subsection is where the identity by which the world will know you comes. I’ll fill it out myself, so you can skip on to the next section.[/b]

♦ [b]Actually, you can skip this one too, since this is where [i]your[/i] codename will come. Once again, you have no direct influence over what I choose, so be nice to me, or face the consequences. Until such a time that I have allotted a codename to you, your in-action codename will be a combination between “Alpha” and a number, e.g. Alpha Two. Later, this will be used to identify your teams instead; when that point has been reached, your team will appear after your codename.[/b]

♦ [b]Now that your identity is out of the way, I need you to describe your appearance. We’ll start with what people immediately notice, namely gender, approximate height (measured in metric and imperial units), approximate weight (the same as approximate height), and build. (Your choices for build are “skinny”, “lanky”, or “slender” if you’re thin; “chubby”, “fat”, or “obese” if you’re overweight; or “lean”, “robust”, or “burly” if you’re muscular.) I expect a list with the mentioned items beneath each other and in order of appearance. Leave two spaces, a dash, and two more spaces between each answer and its heading, and capitalise all the words. Use the same formatting for the next two subsections as well.[/b]

Gender – [color=character's favourite]…[/color]
Height – [color=character's favourite]…[/color]
Weight – [color=character's favourite]…[/color]
Build – [color=character's favourite]…[/color]

♦ [b]Next, we have the more specific characteristics. They are hair colour, hair style, eye colour, and any distinguishing features (such as facial hair, scars, etc.). Keep in mind that you arrived with [i]natural[/i] hair and eye colours, so don’t even think about putting funky colours like hot pink or violet in the descriptions. If you want to dye your hair or wear coloured contact lenses, wait until you get to Erebus, after which I’ll buy you some and edit this entry as necessary.[/b]

Hair Colour – [color=character's favourite]…[/color]
Hair Style – [color=character's favourite]…[/color]
Eye Colour – [color=character's favourite]…[/color]
Unique Features – [color=character's favourite]…[/color]

♦ [b]These last couple of details will define, more than they should, how people view you. I am impartial, of course, but not everyone is as open-minded as I am. So, I need to know your race (the PC will tell you what yours is) and nationality (the PC will tell you what this is too). Your race is basically your skin tone, but be specific, even if it’s less official, e.g. Caucasian (tanned/partially tanned/pale). Your nationality will technically be American, but there is always the possibility you speak with a recognised accent, in which case it will be appropriately indicated, e.g. French, British, American (Texan).[/b]

Race – [color=character's favourite]…[/color]
Nationality – [color=character's favourite]…[/color][/size]

[i][b][size=150]█████ Superheroes and –Heroines are Awesome![/size][/b][/i]

[size=120]♦ [b]This section will attempt to ascertain your Pokémon identity and any undiscovered abilities you possess. First, we’ll determine your species. Yeah, I know, it must be difficult believing you used to be some magical being, but if it makes you feel any better, nobody else will remember what they looked like either, so it will be just as surreal to them. Zeus told me to tell you he won’t reveal what you were like no matter how many times you – or anyone else – ask him, so don’t bother. He [i]will[/i], however, tell us what all of you, as well as our future opponents, are/were, but for the time being, our data is insufficient. We’ll get back to this subsection once we have learned more.[/b]

♦ [b]I just had an idea! Since you were once [i]Pokémon[/i] but are now [i]humans[/i], you will henceforth be known as [i]Pokémen[/i]! …Err, on second thought, that sounds kind of cheesy. We’ll just stick with [i]mons[/i]. But then again, that's too obvious and unoriginal. I refuse! But what to call you, then…? Thetas! You will all be known as Thetas! …Ahem, moving on. We might not know what your Pokémon species is/was, but that doesn’t stop us from speculating of what you could be capable. If you were a superhero or –heroine, which four abilities or powers would you want to have? (Capitalise all answers in the questionnaire, save for things like articles, prepositions, and the like. It's obviously not necessary when you elaborate.)[/b]

~ [color=character's favourite]…[/color]

♦ [b]In contrast with the previous subsection, this one will be used to keep track of your actual abilities and powers as they develop. Just move along to the next section, since you won’t be able to fill in any of the details for the next two subsections either.[/b]

♦ [b]As we get used to working together as a team, we’ll learn more about your and your teammates’ strengths. If there are certain situations in which you have the advantage over everyone else, that situation will be described here.[/b]

♦ [b]Everybody has weaknesses, no matter how powerful they are. Being ashamed of your shortcomings won’t get you anywhere, but adapting to them and learning to avoid situations in which you may be a liability [i]will[/i]. The more we learn, the more the team as a whole improves.[/b]

[color=character's favourite]…[/color][/size]

[i][b][size=150]█████ What Does the Inside of Your Mind Look Like?[/size][/b][/i]

[size=120]♦ [b]Major stalker alert, but then again, I [i]am[/i] a black hat. Some people read a lot into these things, others simply don’t care, but it needs to be asked eventually. What is your favourite: colour, food, music genre, animal, and landscape? Use the same formatting as in the first section. (You’re welcome to revisit this later if you don’t know what your favourites are – in fact, I’d be surprised if you [i]did[/i] – don’t fret.)[/b]

Colour – [color=character's favourite]…[/color]
Food - [color=character's favourite]…[/color]
Music Genre – [color=character's favourite]…[/color]
Animal – [color=character's favourite]…[/color]
Landscape – [color=character's favourite]…[/color]

♦ [b]All seriousness aside, what [i]does[/i] your mind look like on the inside? A warehouse with all the boxes neatly stacked? A pink world of bubbles and threads where everything is interconnected? A dungeon with torture devices lining the walls? Grooved, crinkly, and grey, like all normal brains?[/b]

♦ [b]Describe yourself in three words – using only nouns! (Adjectives are so boring, and now, you can’t be a wisecrack either. Hah.) Feel free to be symbolic. Actually, [i]be symbolic[/i]. That’s an order.[/b]

[color=character's favourite]…[/color], [color=character's favourite]…[/color], [color=character's favourite]…[/color]

♦ [b]Have you ever noticed how some people use a particular word/expression a lot, frequently fidget with some part of their body/outfit, or just often does something unique when speaking/walking? Probably not, but I want you to identify what [i]your[/i] mannerisms are. You don't have to write a full psycho-analysis (not that you could), but I [i]do[/i] want you to list at least one recurring aspect of your speech, your body language while you speak, and the way you walk. You can fill this in as you become aware of something, so leave it blank for now if nothing comes to mind.[/b]

Speech – [color=character's favourite]…[/color]
Body Language – [color=character's favourite]…[/color]
Walking – [color=character's favourite]…[/color]

♦ [b]How well do you get along with people? Are you a social butterfly? A recluse? A grumpy old guy who needs to see three ghosts before he learns to be happy? Basically, just elaborate on your sociality.[/b]

♦ [b]I need to know how you will react when faced with conflict - emotional or physical - so we'll have to test your limits sometime. For now, I'll settle for asking you what you think you'd do if a random stranger attacked you, if an enemy insulted you, and if someone close to you betrayed you. Answer all three Scenarios, please, but don't assume they all happen at once. (If they [i]did[/i], you'd be in for one lousy day.)[/b]

Conflict – [color=character's favourite]…[/color]
Opposition – [color=character's favourite]…[/color]
Betrayal – [color=character's favourite]…[/color]

♦ [b]You’re probably stuck here on earth for the rest of your life, so the possibility of you developing romantic feelings for a human or another mon is very high. What would you do if you found yourself in either scenario? Don’t worry, nobody but you, I, and the PC will see this document, so you can be honest. Nobody’s going to judge you – and that’s considering who the PC really is.[/b]

♦ [b]If the message “Save changes to Untitled?” appears, do you click “Save”, “Don’t Save”, or “Cancel”?[/b]

♦ [b]This is the rubbish dump. If you ever want to add any miscellaneous things you discovered about yourself, whether it’s a fear, a talent, an interest, or even that you look like George Washington, this is the place to put it. Once you’re done, just hand this to Zeus and he’ll send you on your way. I’ll see you soon![/b]

[/size]

Oh, and since the formatting for the post wasn't specifically shown anywhere, I added it here.

Code: Select all
[center][b][size=120]Name Surname (Codename)[/size]
Current Location | Month Date, 2016 | Time AM/PM[/b][/center]

Post Text

[center][b]Location | Month Day, 2016 | Time AM/PM[/b][/center]
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

293 Reviews

Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:12 pm
BrumalHunter says...

phpBB [media]

Storybook Sections

1. 0:00 - 0:28
2. ???
3. ???
4. ???
5. ???
6. ???
7. ???
8. ???
9. ???
10. ???
11. ???
12. ???
13. ???
14. ???
15. ???
16. ???
17. ???
18. ???
19. ???
20. ???
21. ???
22. ???
23. ???
24. ???
25. ???
26. ???
27. ???
28. ???
29. ???
30. ???
31. ???
32. ???

Spoiler! :
The Hebrides Overture by Felix Mendelssohn is one of my favourite classical compositions. During the weeks I was searching for a theme, I continuously listened to this, and when I reflected upon it, I couldn't understand why I hadn't selected it as the theme sooner.

Anyway, this magnificent piece of music will serve as more than a mere theme. Exactly how will be revealed with time, though you are welcome to speculate among yourselves. Let the colours and numbers in the list guide you, and you'll be enlightened within the twinkling of an eye.

Map of New York City
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:12 pm
View Likes
Poopsie says...

Aahhh aaaaah. AAAAAAAJHHHHAHAHJSJWKODJNEN

ITS FINALLY HERE!!!! UAS YAS YAAAAAAAAASSSS
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

293 Reviews

Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:13 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Affiliations

Spoiler! :
???

1. ???
2. ???
3. ???
4. ???
5. ???
6. ???
7. ???
8. ???

Spoiler! :
???

1. ???

Spoiler! :
???

1. ???

Spoiler! :
???

1. ???

Spoiler! :
???

1. ???
— Paul the Apostle

293 Reviews

Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:13 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Erebus

Side and Rear Views
Spoiler! :

First Floor
Spoiler! :

Second Floor
Spoiler! :

Basement (not subterranean) Floor
Spoiler! :

Third and Fourth Floors
Spoiler! :

Tower
Spoiler! :

Since the castle will act as more than just a residence, certain changes will naturally have to be made. To the basement floor, that is; the first and second floors are fine. The theatre has been converted into a gym, with the less common exercise equipment being on the stage or in the dressing-turned-storage rooms. The "future safe" in the west wing is also a bunker, while Hekate's control room is located in the largest "future storage room", while the smaller one will contain all other mission-related items.

Moving on to the east basement wing, all three rooms have been converted into a dungeon. From north to south, the chambers contain cells designed specifically for each Pokémon, with Primary Normal, Grass, Ice, and Fairy types being in the first chamber, Primary Fire, Water, Bug, Poison, Electric, Ground, Rock, and Fighting in the second, and Primary Psychic, Dark, Ghost, Steel, and Dragon in the last one. (Primary Flying types are exactly two, with most being Normal/Flying.) For safety and privacy concerns, these two wings have been significantly fortified, so as to withstand attacks. Obviously, they also don't have windows or doors in the walls, contrary to what the plans indicate.

The third and fourth floors have no use yet. That's well enough anyway, since preparation has been done for most of the situations that may occur, but if there does happen to be something for which Hekate did not plan, there is literally room to manoeuvre. Everything else is.. pretty much what the plans say. Except maybe the family rooms. They can just be larger social rooms.

Room Allocations
♦ Master Bedroom: Hekate (Maryanne Rose)
♦ Bedroom 2: Ariadne (Marala Sindhu) and Hippolyta (Yi-Ze Xia)
♦ Bedroom 3:
♦ Bedroom 4: Zeus (Archibald Virtue)
♦ Bedroom 5: Achilles (Jeremiah Smith)
♦ Bedroom 6: Daedalus (Dorian Seabright)
♦ Bedroom 7: Helenus (Basil Walker)
♦ Bedroom 8:
♦ Bedroom 9:
♦ Bedroom 10: Herakles (Andrew Mariano)
♦ Bedroom 11:
♦ Bedroom 12: Susan and Samuel Jones

NOTE: None of these pictures or plans are of my creation, for I in no way possess the necessary skill to make it. All credit goes to Archival Designs, and if they should ever learn of this, thank you for making your plans public! (I may legally use these images under the fair copyright clause, or whatever it's called. XD)
— Paul the Apostle

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:12 am
StupidSoup says...

Hey...is the r in front of the PMD intentional
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:29 am
TheSilverFox says...

Yep, Numbers; the SB is, technically, a reverse PMD, or rPMD.

And wow, this looks fantastic so far. What a well-constructed story so far, not to mention an interesting introduction and the way you introduced those clues. This looks like it's going to be amazing, especially if the plot continues to develop and progress in the manner that it is and I can't wait to see what happens. Great job, Hunter! :D
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:44 am
Poopsie says...

Are we suggesting themes?
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

293 Reviews

Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:32 am
BrumalHunter says...

Thank you, @TheSilverFox, and by the way, your explanation was spot on. I shall start working on those two other posts I claimed, since those will contain valuable information throughout the storybook.

@Poopsie, I'd actually prefer it if we didn't do the same as in PMD. While that is fun and all, it can get a little chaotic. This theme will serve more purpose than to provide a certain atmosphere while reading - as you'll discover. ;)
— Paul the Apostle

293 Reviews

Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:33 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

If anybody has started working on their character profile, please note that one change and one addition has been made. Just include it in your profile, please.

@Carina, we need to speak urgently. We can use IM, PM, or even Skype - whichever you feel you can check most frequently.
— Paul the Apostle

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:23 pm
SpiritedWolfe says...

Uh, Hunter xD I really hope that you provide an example profile soon because wow that profile is intimidating. I'm actually kind of confused how to fill it out <.<
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

293 Reviews

Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:43 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Okay... I was trying to avoid creating one for Hekate, but I suppose I'll just go ahead and make one anyway. [WHY?! Why did you have to interfere in this way, fate?! You just threw two huge spanners into my works! (This outburst is unrelated to this matter - the issues I have I discovered fifteen minutes ago.)]
— Paul the Apostle

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:48 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

*Reads profile* ...I dunno, to me it looks more very organized than intimidating. And the FIRST thing i'd really like if I found myself with no memory in an alien world would definitely be a guy who'd give me some pointers on what the heck can I do from now on.

...I'm readin' too deep into this XD But I'mma make Daedalus' profile either during this weekend, or next week. This is gettin' good.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

293 Reviews

Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:59 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Okay, so the example profile is up. The character template has also been updated, so maybe just save your entries somewhere, recopy the CT, and then paste your information in the appropriate sections.

Should we write our text in colours? Hekate's will remain black, but if you have difficulty distinguishing her text from the questionnaire's, make your characters answers the same colour as their favourite colour. here is a link to all the possible colous for YWS. Make the favourite colour one of those, please.
— Paul the Apostle

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:37 pm
StupidSoup says...

Wait what's my codename again?
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

Be steadfast as a tower that doth not bend its stately summit to the tempest’s shock.
— Dante Alighieri