z

Young Writers Society

Jurassic Paradise DT

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:44 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

I really, really like that idea. It would definitely put an unexpected twist on the storybook and give them something more to focus on than just surviving the dinosaurs. Something 'bigger than themselves' in a way.
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:15 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

Actually, I can't post because wfp being down (also i have no inspiration to write -sigh-) so if someone else wants to post, they are more than welcome to.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:49 am
Wolfi says...

Ooops, thought I had replied to this.

@LordZeus, would you be interested? :)
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:14 pm
View Likes
LordZeus says...

@Wolfical sorry I'm kind of busy these days I'll try and get to it as soon as I can, but it would be preferable for someone else to go first.

BTW so, are we going wth my earlier idea about the contractor and all that?

440 Reviews

Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:18 pm
Wolfi says...

I'm cool with posting this weekend, then! :) Yeah, @LordZeus, I think we all like your idea. I wanted to have some military conflict from the beginning anyway and I always figured Polk's reason for digging up the DNA/embryo capsule was for some army dudes.

When you said they'd hide the DNA, who'd you mean by "they?" I like the idea with the baby dinos so I definitely want a reason for Polk's capsule to be destroyed.
and do not be afraid.

440 Reviews

Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:20 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Posted! Let me know if what I wrote so far is along the proper lines for your idea, @LordZeus.

The romance bit was only there as a fulfillment for the Valentine's Day Captain's Challenge. Totally not also because I believe in Axabelle. ;)
and do not be afraid.

440 Reviews

Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:39 am
Wolfi says...

We're so close to finishing this SB! @LordZeus, where art thou? @Steggy, up to posting somewhere in the future?
and do not be afraid.

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:50 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

I'll try working on a post! Though, could you give me a rundown on what has happened/where to start my post?
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

440 Reviews

Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:35 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Sure Steggs! I'll do so when I get home today.
and do not be afraid.

440 Reviews

Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:38 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

@Steggy

The characters have found refuge in the employee's section of a gift shop that's located on the main Jurassic World street as they wait for help to arrive (for surely it will eventually). Unbeknownst to them, until the end of my last post, there are certainly other humans on the island, but not the friendly type.

A smattering of U.S. military dudes are searching for the "Project Nightfall" capsule that Polk had dug up earlier. This capsule contains the DNA of dinosaurs that they plan to use for their own purposes, militarily. Our characters don't exactly know this yet, but Polk had been working with them and planned to deliver the capsule to them himself, perhaps for a large sum of money or for blackmail. When the military dudes realized that something was wrong, they came to the island themselves, to get the capsule.

They could be a bit more nice about it, but no. As shown in my post, they're being brutal to Carson (who you have my permission to kill, unless @TheForgottenKing magically reappears) to try to get information out of him, even though he knows nothing. They're going to try to detain all of the characters to keep them from escaping and spilling the beans to the government that the military guys are there.

Chris has the capsule. Ideally, our characters can purposely destroy it before it gets into the enemy's hands, or it can get accidentally destroyed, like if it pops open and a dinosaur crushes it. Once it is destroyed, the military guys will try to capture baby dinosaurs instead to take home and train. It would add an extra layer of suspense if our characters turn around and help the dinos, by setting their young free.

So, yeah! If you have any questions, please ask.
and do not be afraid.

440 Reviews

Thu May 18, 2017 9:55 pm
Wolfi says...

It seems that our poor characters will never get to leave the island. ;-;

Rest in peace, Jurassic Paradise! <3
and do not be afraid.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Thu May 18, 2017 11:35 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

I'm sorry it's been so long since I've posted. I've been pretty busy but I've been thinking about trying to write a post soon. It's sad that this has been so inactive. :/ I feel like I'm a little more limited with Chris's character in this SB given that he's just a kid and is sort of along for the ride, but I will definitely try to come up with something for him!

Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

440 Reviews

Fri May 19, 2017 12:04 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

It's not your fault, Lefty! You, Fox, and I are really the only participants left in this SB and your post is only the third back. But if you come up with a post soon just let me know and I'll de-archive this! I would love to see this concluded.

You're welcome to take up the POV of any of the inactive but still alive characters, if you wish, like Carson, Ax, or Jorge.
and do not be afraid.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Tue May 23, 2017 7:17 pm
View Likes
LordZeus says...

Hey @Wolfical sorry for bring offline for so long. I had vacation in a non-wifi connected area and then I've been busy with applications for 11th and 12th (that's separate here). Am back now, and I have a lot to catch up on on all my SBs, but I promise that I will spare time for this. I'm not sure when I'll have a post ready but I will PM you when I do.

440 Reviews

Tue May 23, 2017 10:16 pm
Wolfi says...

*tackle hugs @LordZeus*

Zeussss

Welcome back!!!!!
and do not be afraid.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
— Steve Martin