z

Young Writers Society

Jurassic Paradise DT

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:09 pm
LordZeus says...

So...who's posting next? BTW could someone please mention Ax in their post? I'd like to know how other people view Ax, so I'll be able to know how they would act owarss Ax for when I post.

Also, @LeftyWriter if you recall, I mentioned an idea I had for our characters in an earlier dt post. Please tell me what you think of it. I've quoted it below:
LordZeus says...

Great thanks! BTW @LeftyWriter I was wondering, given your character's interests, he may have hears of mine before? Perhaps he'd even be a fan, or read his book? Just a thought.

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:44 pm
Steggy says...

I'll be posting next! I'll be sure to mention him in my post, @LordZeus.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:05 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Awesome, @Steggy! :P Jorge and Ax are a cool team.

Polk's laid-back attitude about the condition of the island seems to suggest that some work has been done already on his "Paradise" idea. So, perhaps the section of land stretching from the dock to the place where the cars are kept are fenced in with a few handfuls of herbivores and is seemingly safe. Polk's island connections could have pre-analyzed this area and deemed it suitable.

But as hinted by the flash that Jorge saw, the group is still in unfriendly waters.

For those about to post next, keep these rough plot points in mind:

1) Run away from dinos
2) Get to the Jeep lot and pick up some walkie-talkies
3) Run away from more dinos D:
4) Make it to the fenced-in abandoned hotel, where the characters can briefly settle down. There is electricity (for now), which powers the electric fence and other little hotel things
5) Remember the little plot idea where two very much terrified adventures call it quits and take a Jeep back to the ship? Whichever two (or more) characters we decide upon would leave in the morning, only to find that the ship crew has been entirely or mostly killed
6) Meanwhile, Polk is getting attacked by miniature dinos, Compys, at the hotel

Thoughts?
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:03 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

Hey, guys. Sorry I sort of disappeared, I was at a writers conference all weekend and have been super busy. @LordZeus, I haven't gotten a chance to read your character profile yet, but as soon as I do, I'll let you know what I think of your idea.

I'm happy to post next, and I'll try to get a post up by tomorrow.
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

93 Reviews

Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:20 pm
Lefty says...

Hey, @LordZeus. I read your character profile and I definitely think Christopher would have heard of Ax. I don't think he would have read his book, but I could see him being a fan of his documentary work.
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

440 Reviews

Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:17 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Leftyyyyy!!! Gah, amazing post! =D Christopher is so adorable and those claw marks at the end were a great touch.
and do not be afraid.

440 Reviews

Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:00 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Just a quick post!

Whatever has found its way into the hotel and, at one time or another, left a scratch on Christopher's door, will probably be lured outside by the barbecue smell.

Spoiler! :
These are compys. The fact that compys could be nesting in the hotel isn't a far stretch, since they're so small. Their bites are toxic and make their victim feel sleepy. They usually prey on weakened animals, or old ones like Polk ImageThey wouldn't have caused those huge claw marks, though...

And of course, 15,000 volt fences are useless to pterodactyls. ;)
and do not be afraid.

440 Reviews

Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:31 am
Wolfi says...

Noelle notified me that she doesn't have enough time to catch up on this SB, but she wishes us well on our Jurassic adventure. Unfortunately, that means that Naomi will have to be eaten by a dinosaur. D:
and do not be afraid.

93 Reviews

Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:25 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

R.I.P. Naomi. :(

Well, everyone knows the tourists are the first to go, right?

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1417
Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:52 am
View Likes
Noelle says...

Pick a dinosaur, any dinosaur. The funny thing is, I can see Naomi being dumb enough to actually get eaten xD
Noelle is the name, reviewing and writing cliffhangers is the game.

Writer of fantasy, action/adventure, and magic. Huzzah!

"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done." -- Steven Wright

YWS is life

279 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:41 pm
Steggy says...

If you need some dinos, I may be of assistant. ;)
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

39 Reviews

Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:53 pm
View Likes
LordZeus says...

Great posts @Wolfical @LeftyWriter @Steggy ! I was thinking of posting, but I feel I should probably wait another post ioor two before posting again. Who'll be posting next?

39 Reviews

Thu May 05, 2016 7:10 pm
LordZeus says...

*poke* you guys still there?

279 Reviews

Supporter

Thu May 05, 2016 7:13 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

I'm busy working on a post. It'll be up this weekend.

279 Reviews

Supporter

Sat May 07, 2016 5:45 pm
Steggy says...

Posted! @TheForgottenKing, there's a little bit with Carson. Hopefully, I wrote him as he should be. If not, let me know!

The same boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you're made of, not the circumstances.
— Unknown