Young Writers Society

Jurassic Paradise DT

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:10 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

My goodness, are you guys active. I can barely keep up with all the posts. :P

But yeah, I'll find some time today and read through the new ones, and then, hopefully, I'll be able to start writing my own. Poor Mercer and Nigel; they're about to run into my cruel streak when it comes to the characters in my control. :P

'Course, I'm not going to be writing anything graphic, so don't worry about that. But it will be emotional. Really emotional. XD

P.S.: @Wolfical, I know, a little while ago, you talked about the present day in the story and how things would get more dramatic when Nigel calls Mr. Polk and talks about the dead crew, the dead tourist, and the not-hiding carnivorous dinosaurs. Do you mind if I include that in my post?
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:46 pm
Wolfi says...

@TheSilverFox, yes! It would make sense for you to write that bit.
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:16 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

I finally caught up on posts and am planning to start on mine asap, but I had a couple questions before I do.

So, they're being chased by a Trex like dinosaur. What would the preferred outcome of that be? Them retreating back to the hotel? Getting stranded in the woods? Losing/getting rid of the dinosaur and continuing their exposition as planned?

I know that Polk is supposed to die at some point... I assume that's quite a ways down the road? Just clarifying.

Also, this would definetly be an opportunity for a character to get injured. Would someone like me to write that in for their character? Or avoid injuries for now since they're just getting started and will have plenty more oportunities for that in the future?

Anything else I should know/take into consideration about their situation? It just kind of seems like a potential turning point in the storybook and I want to make sure I don't take something a wrong direction. :P

Thanks!
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

440 Reviews

Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:57 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Good questions, Lefty. I'm going to go over some things as best as I can, and I also want the rest of you to pitch in with ideas. ;)

As far as I know, the next plot points I know of are these:

1) Polk is caught digging around and searching for something (I'm thinking some rare dinosaur's DNA/embryos that he knows were buried somewhere - @TinyJarStoredDreams' charrie can help identify it). This can definitely happen on the gyrosphere expedition.

2) Mercer is killed by a T-Rex. That'll be covered by Foxy.

3) Nigel uses his walkie talkie to break the news of the missing ship to the group. He meets up with them soon.

4) Polk is fatally injured, and his true motives for "Jurassic Paradise" (the rare embryo) are exposed as he spills out the truth with his dying words. This could happen on the gyrosphere expedition as well, but I think he should stick around until at least late afternoon.

So, what happens to the rest of the crew is up to you guys. Traveling south is dangerous (supposedly carnivore country), but the hotel itself is reeking with yummy human smells and probably isn't very safe anymore. Therefore, going south might be the best bet. Most of the World buildings are there and the group might be able to find refuge in something like Old Rexy's abandoned paddock. Whatever is left of the gift shops will have food, too.
and do not be afraid.

93 Reviews

Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:45 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

Okay so, 2 & 3 are mostly things that Fox said they would take on. And if Polk needs to dig up the DNA, then he should probably stick around a bit longer.

And if Polk needs to dig up the DNA on their current exhibition, then it wouldn't make sense for them to go back to the hotel. So, would this be the part of the storybook where everything officially goes down hill and they get stranded, maybe having the gyrospheres get destroyed?

Or should things stay good for a bit longer, with them taking the gyrospheres to the other buildings on the other side of the island?
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:15 am
LordZeus says...

I think that they should barricade themselves in the hotel, and then it gets attacked, killing the NPC guards. The rest move out in the jeeps. However, that's just my opinion.
@LeftyWriter

By the way, who's posting next?

93 Reviews

Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:44 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

I was planning to post next, I'm just still not entirely sure which way to take my post. I have ideas for my post, there's just so many different outcomes it could have that I didn't feel comfortable posting without some more input, given this could be a pivotal turning point in the storybook.

I feel like I'm asking too many questions, I just want to make sure everyone is okay with the outcome before I post anything, since it would essentially effect everyones characters and I don't want to "god mod".

I like the idea of them barricading themselves back in the hotel, like LordZeus said, but I'm open.

Did you see the outcome of this gyroschere exposition going a certain way, @Wolfical?

440 Reviews

Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:51 am
Wolfi says...

Not at all. I trust that your creative intuition will lead us the right way, Lefty. ;)
and do not be afraid.

Reviews: 0
Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:56 pm
TheForgottenKing says...

@LeftyWriter

Carson was on a Dirt Bike, mind changing that?? I have plans for it later.
"I make my own luck"- Shay Patrick Cormac

93 Reviews

Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:13 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

@TheForgottenKing Yep! Changed it. Sorry about that. Was everything else with him okay? I wasn't entirely sure what had happened to him and why he "disappeared."

Anyway, posted! Let me know if I need to change anything that happens, or if I got Polk (@Wolfical) or Ax (@LordZeus) wrong. Even little things, I'm happy to change things as needed.

Thanks!

440 Reviews

Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:24 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Lefty, Lefty, Lefty... No one else can write an intense scene like you can! I loved how Christopher realized that he was more upset about his faltering grandfather than the dinosaur attacks. That was a top notch post - great job!
and do not be afraid.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:19 pm
View Likes
LordZeus says...

@LeftyWriter Awesome post!! :D That was really well detailed and gripping!
Also, you portrayed Ax perfectly :D

So who's posting next?

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:20 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

I'm back from my trip! If anyone isn't going to post next, I'll write a little thing for Jorge. Though, since I wasn't here for a week, I'm not entirely sure what to post in said post.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

440 Reviews

Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:11 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

@Dinosaur, yay! :)

At this point, Polk has secured the ultra special dinosaur DNA capsule thingy, and is willing to escape to the cruise ship and abort the mission. After all, his work is done.

But of course, as Nigel will confirm in his walkie talkie call, the cruise ship is gone. The crew needs to find a way to stay safe until help finally comes. And help will come, eventually, most likely tied to Annabelle's FBI sources. When what's left of the ship crashes into some land mass, setting the dinosaurs free, they'll know something turned terribly wrong.

In the immediate future, perhaps this very day on the island, these things need to happen:

1) Mercer is killed by a T-rex (@TheSilverFox's post)
2) Nigel is reunited with the group
3) The group begins to head south (By Jeep, gyrosphere, and/or river)
4) Polk is fatally injured and with death looming confesses his real "Paradise" intentions

So, Steggy Dino, you can begin with what Nigel has to say on the walkie talkie. Maybe he'll be interrupted and drop the line abruptly because they're being attacked. Knowing that the ship is gone and the hotel isn't safe anymore, the group can start moving south. Along the way they'll meet up with the bedraggled Nigel.

It's going to take a while - I'd say a good 24 hours - for the group to arrive in the main Jurassic World area where all the buildings and abandoned attractions are.
and do not be afraid.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:19 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

@Wolfical: Actually, in this case, I was thinking that Nigel does try to contact everyone else. However, he is only able to go so far as to discuss the fate of the crew; when he tries to inquire about the dead tourist (which I assume most people aren't aware of?), Polk kills the connection. I imagine that idea is a little flawed right now, what with Polk's true intentions becoming more clear, but I'd think that he'd like to preserve some fragment of his dignity in the process (as well as continue to keep everyone else from realizing the true magnitude of their situation). What do you think?

Otherwise, I agree with the list of events you've proposed, and I'll make sure to kill off Mercer and leave Nigel in a position where he can be reunited with the rest of the group. Just don't except him to be very calm anymore. XD

Beyond that, I apologize for not having written a post yet. I need to finish another SB post before I can begin, but I should be able to do so by the end of the today, and actually begin writing this tomorrow. And that might take a couple of days to finish, so you can go ahead and write your post, if you'd like, @Dinosaur (welcome back, by the way! It's good to see you had a fun time! :D). Once again, sorry about not having written anything, especially now that it seems it's time for Nigel and his infinite alternation of sarcasm and seriousness to shine.
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

"I wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school... I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy..."
— Unnamed Girl from "Mean Girls"