z

Young Writers Society

Jurassic Paradise DT

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:16 am
View Likes
LordZeus says...

Oh great. I thought @TheForgottenKing or @TheSilverFox were planning to post soon. Just remember, we last left off with Annabelle left at the new Hotel by the river with Jorge and three guards, to help secure the location by setting up the geothermal energy generators and electric fences again.

Meanwhile Ax is off looking for Nigel and Carson is heading back to the hotel to bring back everyone (not knowing that almost all are dead). I can't wait to read your post!

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:34 pm
Wolfi says...

Thanks for the reminders, Zeus! I saw that @TheSilverFox had actually posted more recently than I. I would be fine with @TheForgottenKing going soon, though.
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

440 Reviews

Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:36 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Posted! @Steggy, what happens to Annabelle and Jorge is up to your next post. Raoul is dead, but the other two guards (the only two NPC guards left in the whole SB, correct?) may have had a chance. Again, it's up to you ~
and do not be afraid.

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:27 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

Oke. I have an idea set in stone; I just need to write it. I'll most likely have it written on Friday and posted on Saturday.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:48 pm
Steggy says...

Alrighty! I wrote post for Jorge and the hotel is on fire :0

I was thinking maybe before someone died, they could've lit it or maybe the dinosaurs tripped up the wiring of the place ex: in the kitchen, one of them could have knocked over the oil and when escaping, they could've turned on the oven.

If anything needs changing, do let me know!
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

440 Reviews

Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:33 pm
Wolfi says...

I really enjoyed your post, Steggy! I liked the ziplning part.

I'm not sure if the hotel would still be burning by the next day, when Jorge and Annabelle finally reach it. Would it be?

@TheForgottenKing or @TheSilverFox, are one of you going to post next?
and do not be afraid.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:34 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

oooh, I'll have to read Steggy's post when I find the time. Anything on fire sounds automatically awesome, especially if there's explosions and ziplines. :P

I think TFK was going to write before me? Either way, it'll take some time, because school and my other SBs are ganging up on me, and I'll have to climb my way out of all that mess. I dunno, as long as I can handle the work, I should be ready in a few days to a week.
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

440 Reviews

Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:31 am
Wolfi says...

No worries, Silver! :)
and do not be afraid.

39 Reviews

Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:07 pm
View Likes
LordZeus says...

Great post @Steggy! (Sorry it's so late) Who's up next? Maybe you, @TheForgottenKing? I personally will be waiting until @TheSilverFox posts, whenever that may be. No rush, do it when you can.

Also, we're down on characters to kill off, which is not good especially when the main tension is only beginning. So, I think that at least a couple of guards and staff along with the ones already at the new hotel should survive, so we can evolve their characters and relationships with them before killing them off along the way. Just a thought.

440 Reviews

Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:56 pm
Wolfi says...

Mitchell and Gary could still be alive, if we want to keep them around a little while longer. Otherwise, I would think that the only other staff/guards we could get would be at the old hotel when Carson gets over there. The rest of the new hotel guys (Dexter and Raoul) are dead.
and do not be afraid.

39 Reviews

Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:16 pm
View Likes
LordZeus says...

*poke* (Sorry this is late)

Ok thx @Wolfical. @TheForgottenKing maybe Carson could salvage a few other people from the wreckage? Like maybe a couple guards, and perhaps other employees could be interesting, like a chef or a research assistant or something. Just a thought. Also let's keep Mitchell and Gary alive, I've already given a bit if thought to their characters. Please?

BTW @TheSilverFox @TheForgottenKing do either of you guys want to post next? Just asking as we haven't heard from your characters in a while.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:25 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

@LordZeus: This is a sort-of-gentle, sort-of-forceful suggestion to please stop tagging me. I understand the intentions of what you're trying to do, but I haven't forgotten about this Storybook, and it is still at the forefront of my mind. I'm not sure when I will be able to write a post, if in the foreseeable future, but I do have time this weekend, and then I have Thanksgiving Break next Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, which will give me some more free time. Hopefully, I should be able to write a post, but I cannot guarantee anything because I have a tendency to fail to accommodate information and variables until they hit me over the head. So please, be patient - I haven't forgotten about this, and I have no intention to abandon this SB or forget about it, because I respect it too much.
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

440 Reviews

Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:41 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Excellent post, @TheSilverFox! The sequence of events seem to be pieced together just fine. I love the the intense scene you've set up, with broken-armed Nigel climbing the tree and Ax left on the ground to fend for himself.

Also, nice Captain's Challenge completion. The fire words fit in well ;)
and do not be afraid.

440 Reviews

Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:11 pm
Wolfi says...

@LordZeus, would you be interested in posting next? I don't know where @TheForgottenKing has disappeared to...
and do not be afraid.

39 Reviews

Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:29 pm
View Likes
LordZeus says...

Posted! Sorry it took so long, and sorry if it sounds weird as I wrote it late at night. @Wolfical @TheForgottenKing @TheSilverFox @LeftyWriter @Steggy I mentioned all of your characters in my post.

I always knew that deep down in every human heart, there is mercy and generosity. No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.
— Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom