93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:51 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

Thanks, Wolfie! Glad you liked it!

And, yes! Page threeeee! :D

And page sixteeeeeen!
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:06 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

xD yes, page sixteeeeeen!
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

440 Reviews

Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:11 am
Wolfi says...

@TheSilverFox, that was fabulous!

My only little critique is that sometimes you referred to Jurassic World as Paradise. Sometimes it was right, as in with the expedition, but with the shops and stuff it should be World.

Goodness, I don't even know how our characters are going to react when they learn that they actually have a hope of survival. The poor things have been battered with bad news and gruesome tragedies for days now.

Even if Nigel's connection thingy didn't work out, the FBI knows something's fishy. The dinosaur-infested cruise ship is bound to be ashore somewhere sooner or later, wreaking havoc there, and the fact that the ship hasn't had any communication for the past few days is a big red flag. I expect help will come for our survivors in no time - now it's just about finding a way to contact the rescuers somewhere on shore and the last mad dash to get to their helicopter/ship safely.

Then we can wrap things up, Nigel can punch that big red button, and we'll have successfully completed an SB!

@TheForgottenKing, can you please let us know whether you're still on board or not? :)
and do not be afraid.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:52 am
LordZeus says...

@Wolfical @TheSilverFox you might find some resistance from Ax about the big red button. As in pasts posts, he doesn't want the island destroyed. He wants to observe it, and document it's wildlife.

BTW about contact, how about they head towards the Southern tip of the island, where the headquarters of Jurassic World were? On the way, a couple dinosaur attacks on the way should help with that. Also have another idea, which I will PM to you when I get the chance Wolfie.

440 Reviews

Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:46 am
Wolfi says...

Ax's resistance is understandable, but I think blowing up the island will have to be the eventual single option. It'll be interesting for you to explore his conflicting values with that. Because really, this island hasn't brought them anything but death and misery xD

They are already in the southern bit of the island, where I thought the headquarters were anyway. I wasn't aware of something at the very tip - is there?
and do not be afraid.

39 Reviews

Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:25 am
LordZeus says...

I'd disagree with that, @Wolfical, but it is your SB. I'll PM you why, but I'll abide by your choice.

I thought there was, anyway.In the last bit of Jurassic World, weren't they all waiting at the area where the ships were coming in? I assumed that was where they communicated outside.

440 Reviews

Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:30 am
Wolfi says...

I myself would rather not blow up a bunch of creatures, harmful as they might be. But humans tend to be placed in importance and safety way above nature, and I don't think Ax's voice would have much say in the matter in the end.
Spoiler! :
After all, it's how the first Jurassic Park book ends - they blow it up, for safety.
and do not be afraid.

39 Reviews

Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:57 am
View Likes
LordZeus says...

@Wolfical I will PM you about this.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:57 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

@Wolfical: Thanks! And I fixed the Paradise/World thing. I was wishing I wouldn't make that mistake, but I keep confusing the two for whatever reason (both in this Storybook and otherwise. XD). I really need to check my posts for accuracy a little more frequently. <.<

And that sounds like a good plan! I think everyone would be elated to know they have some chance of survival, but I'm guessing that feeling would die when they realize what exactly they still have to do to escape (and that some of them probably aren't going to make, but that's likely to be one of those things that is never spoken, but is in everyone's mind). It wouldn't surprise me if there was more dinosaur attacks to deal with, and perhaps a last minute one as they try to notify their rescuers of their presence and escape the island. Having a plot-related death there might be particularly cruel, especially if it was the rescuers. However, I'm sure the FBI has proper backup plan, or at least reserves to send and fight off the dinosaurs/save the day. No matter what, though, the heroes of this story still have a couple of miserable days left, and those will be fun to write. Not fun for them to go through, of course. XD

Does anybody want to post next?
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

440 Reviews

Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:31 am
Wolfi says...

@Steggy posted the longest time ago, then @LordZeus, then me. I can probably post this weekend if neither of you want to.
and do not be afraid.

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:37 am
View Likes
Steggy says...

I totally forgot about this,,

If you could give me a highlight of what happened, I can have a post done this weekend?
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

440 Reviews

Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:52 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

That'd be great!

I highly recommend reading Lefty and Fox's posts, if you haven't already! But anyway, the group's finally reached the "main street" of Jurassic World, where all the pillaged gift shops and the Mosasaurus enclosure lie. Christopher went through some emotional things and Nigel found a possible rescue connection thingy on his laptop.

Zeus also has an idea, which he should post in the DT *wink wink*

If you need any help with your post, Steggs, we can chat on a WFP.
and do not be afraid.

440 Reviews

Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:44 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

@Steggy, do you need another fish face slap? ;)

I'm kidding. With Clue I've kinda forgotten about this too. If you'd rather me post next, I'd be fine with that. Or @LordZeus.
and do not be afraid.

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:24 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

heCc forgot about the post,, I'll have it done Tuesday (if not then, fish slap me)
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

39 Reviews

Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:00 am
View Likes
LordZeus says...

Hey guys. Sorry I've been inactive lately, but I've been busy. I still am (though I am still a part of this have no doubt) but I thought I'd take the time to give you my new idea as @Wolfical kindly reminded me.

What if the Project Nightfall DNA was for a military contractor, and they came to the island in search of what they wanted. Illegally, and without the permission of the local government.

On finding our group, they try and detain them to avoid information that they are there from getting out. They hide the DNA of course, because it is after all a stupid plan.

I just thought it would create an interesting new dynamic, as if our group escapes, they'd have to avoid being caught as well as avoid dinosaurs.

Also, I thought that if the organisation fails in getting the DNA, they start capturing baby dinosaurs instead to take with them. This would disrupt the local environment and put every creature on the island on the edge, making things even harder for everyone. We could even have a part where they release the baby dinosaurs and return them to the wild to avoid the jaws of some predator.

Thoughts guys?

@Wolfical @TheSilverFox @Steggy @LeftyWriter @TheForgottenKing

i don't need to search the stars to know myself
— soundofmind