z

Young Writers Society

Oceanside Academy for the... Eccentric DT

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:21 pm
Rydia says...

No worries @ChildOfWriting! I'm looking forward to your post - it will be worth the wait :)

The same goes for you @SkyeWalker - we all need a break now and again!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:36 am
Vellichor says...

AAAaaaaCCKCKKC I wanted to finish this darned post and keep the ball rolling but life has come a knocking again :(((((((((( I'm afraid it might be another day or so before I can get it up I am so sorry :( @Rydia if you were so compelled feel free to write for Jo. I imagine she's feeling playful and mischievous, but not meanly so. She'd want to clear up that her note wasn't meant threateningly :)
╔══╗░░░░╔╦╗░░╔═════╗
║╚═╬════╬╣╠═╗║░▀░▀░║
╠═╗║╔╗╔╗║║║╩╣║╚═══╝║
╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩╩╩═╝╚═════╝

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:31 am
Gravity says...

okay, so now that some of us are coming back, I'm going to post for Jay.
Remeber guys, we are starting auditions for West Side Story and also, tryouts for the surf time.

Previously, I mentioned that (similar to Hogsmeade visits in Harry Potter) students can leave campus to visit the small beach side town of Oceanside, with the exception that students must wear GPS tracking lanyards and carry a cellular device (cell phone) that they have to keep with them and charged at all times. The first weekend visit will take place right around now, this is when surf team tryouts will happen. Students are allowed to leave campus Saturday starting at 8 am and ending at 9 pm. Surf tryouts will happen at 10 am, ending at noon. There will be both a mens and womens team, for the sake of the storybook, everyone who tries out will make it (unless you want to use a rejection to further your agendas) and no experience will be needed, just a desire to learn and a good (not amazing, but good) physical fitness.

Also, no powers should be used at tryouts, those are the rules but, (wink wink,) a little cheating may make things more interesting. The surf coach is aware of the Oceanside Academy secrets, he has the ability to predict and control weather.

Also, Musical tryouts for both band and those wanting to participate in actual parts or as part of the ensemble or even tech crew will happen after the weekend trip to oceanside. Feel free to post talking about that. The band teacher is Mr. Ebert, the drama teacher's name is Ms. Fitz.

Oceanside features: Oceanside is a cute town featuring a long stretch of beach with excellent tides for surfing, several clothing boutiques for new and used clothing, a grocery store, 2 used bookstores and one major book retailer, a medium sized movie theater, one McDonalds and 3-4 Mom and Pop diners/cultural restaurants (Mexican, Italian, etc.) Oh! and most importantly, there is a Starbucks.

So yeah, those are some cool posting ideas if you just had no idea what to post. :) if your character is planning on trying out for any of those activities, just let me know in the DT and I will create a master list.
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:09 am
Rydia says...

No worries @ChildOfWriting! I have to do a Dimi post next anyway and he is soooo cheating at the surfing. I mean come on, Dimi actually work hard for something he wants when he can just copy someone else's skills learned through hard work instead? ;)
Writing Gooder

271 Reviews

Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:41 pm
Gravity says...

Quick reminder

The weekend trips to town don't involve staying anywhere. They are just day trips, similar to trips to Hogsmead in Harry Potter

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:20 am
View Likes
backroadstraveler says...

Sorry that I've been MIA for so long!!! College (and all the packing and paperwork that comes before it) is sooo frustrating and time-consuming. On the bright side, I think I've finally settled into a routine.
Eggs are scrambled, eyes are addled, and brains should never be eaten

-The Lady Peg

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:51 am
LordZeus says...

@TheCrimsonLady when do you think you will be able to get up a post for Cora? Since I ended my last post with Oren going up to the infirmary to meet her, I just want to know, as I will be posting after you.

@backroadstraveler if possible, I'd also like to see what Lilah thinks of Oren after their recent meeting.So if you could include that in your next post, I'd be grateful. Just asking.

43 Reviews

Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:35 pm

@LordZeus sure thing!

-The Lady Peg

271 Reviews

Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:35 pm
View Likes
Gravity says...

Hey guys, since we have a lot of people that have become inactive while posting. I've decided to let Hazel Grace create a new character. Also, since she isn't going to be doing much with Eliza. Hazel, if it's okay with you, can I please delete Eliza's profile? @HazelGrace16

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:41 pm
View Likes
HazelGrace16 says...

Yes go ahead. I'm excited to join back in with new inspiration. Please check out Melanie's page, and let me know if you want to interact with her. I'm hoping she can cause some drama and trouble to the story. ;)
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:54 pm
Rydia says...

I'm always up for drama ;) Chris and Melanie may be able to relate on the whole identity crisis front and Dimi will probably drive her up the wall, but he has a heart in there somewhere, honest!
Writing Gooder

15 Reviews

Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:25 pm
View Likes
HazelGrace16 says...

Awesome! Thanks @Rydia
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

43 Reviews

Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:08 pm

Apologizing now for my post- definitely came out clunky, but I can't seem to fix it up :/ (I'll revisit after I spend a few days away from the thing)

And I have two questions:
1. Could someone incorporate Lilah into the surfing tryouts? Note about that- she does not own a cell phone, but (I'm hoping @Gravity) she'd be allowed off campus if she left and stayed with a partner while out and about.
2. Which characters are still active?

-The Lady Peg

15 Reviews

Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:31 am
View Likes
HazelGrace16 says...

I give anyone permission to interact with Melanie! Just PM or message me first if thats okay! I really hope you guys like the new addition to the story, and that this post gave some insight on who she is, and where she is coming from!!

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:28 am
LordZeus says...

Great posts guys! I'm definitely still active @backroadsstraveler but it may be some time before I post here as I have been busy recently. @Gravity may I suggest tagging everyone to see who's still in this thing?

A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity.
— Franz Kafka