Young Writers Society

Revenant Rising DT

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:27 pm
View Likes
Sassafras says...

"Drinks on Dar'Khove!" I didnt used to like Khajiits pratice of talking in third person but its so fun to write.
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:09 pm
BrumalHunter says...

@TheClockworkConjurer, is there anywhere you'd recommend for Kell and Irwain to start that isn't in Skyrim?
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:51 pm
Poopsie says...

Lol astral. You're so funny sometimes.

You can start at winterhold.
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

62 Reviews

Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:00 pm
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

Guys!!!! Please, this is not a Skyrim SB, so please don't focus solely on Skyrim! If you go read the entry post again, you'll see most of Skyrim is already conquered/ destroyed by the Revenant, so...

Places in Skyrim that still stand-

1) The College of Winterhold (duh, magical barriers, and they broke the bridge as a precaution)
2) The Morthal-Dawnstar Resistance (situated in the northern marshes of Morthal
3)Solitude (under heavy siege)
4) Markarth (surrounded, not under siege)

The rest (Windhelm, Riften, Falkreath, Whiterun, etc) have all conquered or destroyed (they're just not strategy positions during any invasion, so...

Please, I didn't add the map so it could be swatted off. I greatly admire the enthusiasm and collaboration going on, but please, challenge yourselves and go beyond the frozen tundra of Skyrim (also, many of the mentioned places are very far from Anvil, so unless you are teleporters or can fly a dragon...)

@AstralHunter, the city of Bruma in Cyrodiil is basically a Nordic hub in the Imperial province, and can withstand quite hefty sieges (after all, an Oblivion gate was opened right outside of the walls)
Other than that, most central, southern or western cities of Cyrodiil, as well as all of Valenwood, Eleswyr and Black Marsh would work.

This isn't meant to be a dissuasive comment, but please bear in mind that we will be spending little to no time in Skyrim or Morrowind. All well and understood?
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

62 Reviews

Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:19 pm
Poopsie says...

i think one of the reasons why we're all focused on skyrim is because we're more familiar with what is in it. Also, my character is written in to skyrim and winterhold is the only magical college i know of.
The Poopsiest.

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:22 pm
StupidSoup says...

Fite me pooperscooper -3-/
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

293 Reviews

Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:29 pm
BrumalHunter says...

@Poopsie, I think that might be the only reason. :P

Also, despite having a mage as my first character (I haven't been playing for too long, okay?), I haven't been to Winterhold - the Hold, not to mention the College. The same goes for The Reach and Falkreath Hold, and while I have been in Haafingar (I got lost while searching for a road that leads to Morthal) and Eastmarch, I haven't entered either Solitude or Windhelm. I'm avoiding those three cities because I want to enter them at a high level. (Oh, and I haven't entered Dawnstar either, since I only crossed the border into The Pale before doubling back to Hjaalmarch.)
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

62 Reviews

Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:51 pm
Poopsie says...

your not missing anything special buddy. The only places that are really useful are solitude, Riften, Whiterun, Whiterun, and Markarth. Everywhere else is useless ;3
The Poopsiest.

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

161 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:43 pm
Sassafras says...

I think all the cities of Skyrim have a charm to them and I enjoy exploring them all - except Windhelm; f**k Windhelm.

But, okay Lu, we do what you say. Fair is starting out in Valenwood and I was going to have her make her way to Windhelm but I think Im just going to scrap everything I've written and just wait for first posts.

*cries as she hits delete*

I would enjoy a map though.

293 Reviews

Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:50 pm
BrumalHunter says...

The map is in the intro post of the SB, @ReisePiecey.

Also, I shall take your advice, Wanderer.
— Paul the Apostle

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:21 am
View Likes
Basil says...

I think I'll just start Irwain off in Valenwood too. And if anyone wants to run into her I don't mind. Otherwise she's just gonna be doing her own thing. And trying not to get killed haha.

Also, @ReisePiecey your comment made me laugh. I am so glad I was alone in the room at the time because I would have gotten some weird looks.
Dorian, are you the one adding all the spices to our food?
Of course I am.
Why?
Because frankly the food here tastes like poorly cooked sawdust. It genuinely tastes how Solas looks.

161 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:27 am
Sassafras says...

Always happy to entertain ;* And I'm sure we can stumble across each other. Maybe they can share a caravan or sumtin.

62 Reviews

Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:40 am
View Likes

A map of Valenwood, you ask? A good choice for a starting position. Note- none of the natural flora of Valenwood may be touched (yet... ;-) ), so most of the cities are either built in the natural rock, or in the treetops of the massive Green Sap trees (yes, all the main cities except Greenheart and Southpoint are built in the branches of the Green Towers, with Elden Root being in the main Green Tower :D)

Here's the map-

http://orig15.deviantart.net/d248/f/201 ... 5pqbm5.jpg

(sorry that I didn't place the image as an image here, but it is so large, only a third of the map kept appearing on screen :P It is the most detailed though)

Cyrodiil (if you wish to start here)

http://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mod ... 069783.jpg

(also a very big but detailed map ;-) )

Hammerfell

http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/g/maps/map_HF_Ingame.jpg

Eleswyr

http://www.imperial-library.info/sites/ ... lsweyr.jpg

Summerset Ilses (this map is for once we go here)

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/eld ... 0219002308

Black Marsh (same as with the Summerset Ilses)

http://www.imperial-library.info/sites/ ... iaMap1.jpg

High Rock (same as the two before this one)

http://www.imperial-library.info/sites/ ... kSmart.jpg

I apologize for all the links, but all these images are massive, and wouldn't load properly... They are extremely detailed though (some more than others), but don;t let that dissuade you from making up a few places (I mean, in TES Arena, Skyrim had 36 settlements, not just 15 (excluding the mines and mills, which aren't really settlements)... The others were left out of TES Skyrim. So these maps are adaptable/ changeable ;-) :D )
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

62 Reviews

Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:34 am

Oh, and I forgot to comment on this. @Poopsie, there are a few mage associations left in Tamriel, most noteably the College of Winterhold and the Shimmerene Mages' Guild in the Summerset Ilses.
There is also a guild HQ in Daggerfall (High Rock), and somewhere in Morrowind. Cyrodiil's Mage guild was disbanded after the Oblivion Crisis, and only a few smaller sects remain.
The Psijic order (or by their original and unpronounceable name of Psjjjj) technically still exist, but they (and the island of Artaeum, which is where they are were ar... (You get the point!! It is messed up!) situated) disappeared from the physical reaches of Tamriel ages ago, so..
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

62 Reviews

Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:05 pm
View Likes

And we're off!!! Let's start this thing guys!!! :D :D :D :D :D
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

Why can't I put the entire Bee Movie in the quote generator? Would you prefer if I put in the Shrek script instead?
— CaptainJack