Young Writers Society

Billionaire's Curse DT

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:15 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

Hey I'm interested in reserving a Post-Lower Class character. Probably male please!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:43 pm
Omni says...

I'm working on my character template now!

He's a hard one to create xD
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:52 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

Here's some description about some of living places in Taa (the city this takes place):

Post-Higher Class: As you know, they live the high life. Big, clean mansions on high hills. They basically overlook Taa, and unlike the rest of the classes, get the *maids/butlers. Before the recession, they had the same houses as the rest of the class: shabby, small apartments. Before the PHC became the kings and queens of Taa, they were like normal people.

Intermediate (High): They have the nice, better houses. With the same stuff as PHC, but on the lower part of a hill/in town. They have running water and access to shops that the PLC can't get to. They are like dogs- cared for and loved for by their owners (PHC). Once again, money separates Intermediate (High) from the PHC.

Post-Middle Class: They own the regular apartments, the people you see in the small shops, and work the regular jobs. They live the normal life (like those who are not cursed).

{there is a mixture of PMC and Intermediate (Low) where both reside and live together}

Intermediate (Low): Apartments, but the leftover ones. If they are lucky, though, they are able to get the "higher" apartments next to the PMC. Much like I said, they receive the leftover jobs that the PMC doesn't want- the dirty jobs. Basically, you are lucky enough to be apart of the PMC or higher.

Post-Lower Class: A small portion of PLC is made up of PHC and Intermediate (High) residents (the crash of the PHC hit hard for some and they return to square one. They live on the streets and/or like nomads, looking for abandoned homes.

*PLC work for the PHC, thus how they are treated differently from the rest of the classes as they are looked upon as the "weaker" or "stupid" class.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! :D

I still have to work on mine so you're good, @Jhinx!

Reserved for you, @Rydia!
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

378 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:09 am
View Likes
Omni says...

So what kind of government does this city have? I understand the Post-Higher Class are treated like kings and queens, but is there some sort of Council or Parliament that actually controls everything? I was wanting my character to be involved with the government in some way, even if he isn't PHC

sass levels loading

[he/him]

279 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:20 am
Steggy says...

There is a Council in each class. The "Billionaire" is apart of the High Council, which deals with higher crimes that happen in Taa.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

279 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:20 am
Steggy says...

I've got a question for all of you:

Should I close and start this SB with the number of people we have and use the last slot as an NPC? Or wait another week for someone to join? I can see both ways- I just want to see what everyone thinks first. c:

378 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:58 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

I think we can go ahead and close with the group we have!

sass levels loading

[he/him]

279 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:00 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

Alrighty!

Speaking of that, how's the profiles going? I'm working on mine I swear.. and will have her up sometime today/tomorrow/or this weekend. c:

378 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:04 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

I'll be working on mine tomorrow/late tonight!

sass levels loading

[he/him]

279 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:06 pm
Steggy says...

Awesome possum!

I have a question: how does one close an SB?

378 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:11 pm
Omni says...

Go to Edit Storybook, on the bottom, it'll say open or closed, than allow people to join, do closed and no

sass levels loading

[he/him]

279 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:13 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

Thanks! :D

I am sosososo excited to start this SB with such amazing people!

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1417
Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:19 pm
View Likes
Noelle says...

I'm working on mine as well. Should be up by early tomorrow.
Noelle is the name, reviewing and writing cliffhangers is the game.

Writer of fantasy, action/adventure, and magic. Huzzah!

"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done." -- Steven Wright

YWS is life

279 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:27 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

Finally finished my profile!

Just to let everybody know: you can be married and you can choose to be the character's spouse. Another thing is does your character have parents? Kids? You can have the spouse/kids/parents be NPC or you can play their part as separate character in this.

(if that makes sense)

EDIT: What POV do you guys want to write in? First or third? I'm fine either way. c:

378 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:24 am
View Likes
Omni says...

I'm fine with either :D

Also, my character is a work in progress! So far, I have down his appearance xD

sass levels loading

[he/him]

If you have a dream, you have a duty to make it come true.
— Marco Pierre White