z

Young Writers Society

Catalyst DT

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:18 pm
Sassafras says...

The profile template isn't that demanding, mainly because I cut out History, so all I'm asking from you is a character that you've thought through as if you were going to write your own novel about them. ^^

And thanks for joining Pretz <3 Don't think I've SB with you?
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:42 am
Omni says...

I'd love to learn more about the world xD

Also, I was thinking that, although my character has the khopesh as her main weapon, she'd have other weapons/items at her disposal. Is that alright or did I just stick my character with a backwards scythe for the rest of a modern SB?
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

161 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:09 pm
View Likes
Sassafras says...

You must live with this decision O.O JK, the weapon that I have you pick is just your main weapon. Of course you can have others.

Concord

Concord is a big city. The entire population resides within its streets. There are tales that there lies something far beyond the highways, if you drove long enough you'd find a horizon. But no one has seen it with their own eyes and even talk of that tall tale is looked down upon. Still, life is pretty good here.

It's mostly high-tech. Pretty much everything relies on technology, but it maintains a classic feel.

There's a surplus of ways to keep yourself entertained and provide for a variety of hobbies. Great place to live, generally.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:59 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

@Starleene yo join this you'll love it

sass levels loading

[he/him]

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:29 am
View Likes
Starleene says...

I'd like to join! :D
Jhinx called me old. Rude.

161 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:31 am
Sassafras says...

Woot! We managed a five person cast to start out. Awesome. Star, you have pick of the remaining unclaimed classes as Pretz still hasn't reserved one. Thanks for joining and I'd be happy to answer any of your questions. <3

87 Reviews

Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:54 am
View Likes
Starleene says...

I would like to be Anoyo!

161 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:58 am
Sassafras says...

You got it then. Please have your profile in before the start date! ^^

@Pretzelstick this means that you have inherited Shi - The Way of the Soldier

87 Reviews

Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:04 am
View Likes
Starleene says...

How old can our characters be?

I want to be an elf but elves are...older....

*EDIT* JK JK reread. "Elf-Like"

161 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:53 am
View Likes
Sassafras says...

@Starleene PM me more about the idea you had about your character and we could plan something out for them in the story line since you mentioned her being older than she appears.

The same goes for the rest of you if you also had any ideas about your character and the plot. Also, if you reveal to me that your character has special traits like Elora's elf-like features, you get to know more about the world where they got those traits from, hint hint. Just to reiterate, choosing none of the special options available makes you native to Concord and thus a beautiful, perfect, Concordian ^^.

I should mention here that Woody has animalistic traits. His canines are slightly fanged, his eyes are slanted and cat like, and he has a very feral vibe about himself. I forgot to write that into his profile because I'm a dope >.<

IMPORTANT

Spoiler! :

Because it is getting close to our premier, I want to specify on how posting is going to work as well as how you will know what to post next and how to move the plot forward with your contributions.

I want you all to approach it like an improv class. While you don't know entirely where the setting you're in might end up, you are still able to act in the present situation. My posts are going to serve to keep us on track with the story. If I feel like we're spending too long on a scene, I'll introduce us to the next one; if not then just sit back and go with the flow.

To help with this, I'll give the person who is posting next private instructions if I need something special to happen during their posts - or they want the same for their selves. Posting order is first come first serve as far as first-posts go. But no double-posting. Please.

Thank Youuu <3

378 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:35 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Inara doesn't have any special traits that I know of, except being she's not perfect, so she wouldn't be directly from Concord. Also, she uses her sexuality for manipulation, if that's considered a special trait xD

@Pretzelstick hiya how's the profile going? <3

sass levels loading

[he/him]

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:10 pm
View Likes
Pretzelstick says...

Hmm. I'm starting to work on it right now @Jhinx. Should be up by the end of the day ^^
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

161 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:43 pm
View Likes
Sassafras says...

Beautiful job, every body. Those profiles are looking good.

Please read all of the profiles since they're up now. Our characters do not yet know each other in real life - just to keep things simple.

We start tomorrow and I'm beyond excited!! ^^ I want to do a quick relations sheet but I don't think we have time lol

161 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:00 pm
Sassafras says...

@Jhinx @Steggy @Starleene @Pretzelstick

First or Third Person?

Majority vote determines what everyone writes in.

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:06 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

First!

I love writing in that point of view since I can relate my emotions into how they may react in certain situations.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

I just write poetry to throw my mean callous heartless exterior into sharp relief. I’m going to throw you off the ship anyway.
— Vogon Captain (The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy)