Grey Gambit DT

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:51 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Use this thread for plotting.
@TheFantasy14
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

863 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:24 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Some thoughts that might help.

1. We'll need some NPC's for this one, at least until we get some more authors.

2. Given that Kaz isn't very good in killing, it might be useful to give her skills in a support role, such as healing. Nothing overpowered, just useful.

3. Alternatively, we can try to turn Kaz into a killer. While she may have an aversion to killing in general; it isn't particularly difficult to work up the nerve to kill someone that is trying to kill you or people you care about. We can change her weakness to something of a more personal nature. I recommend picking one of the seven deadly sins and using that as a weakness.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:48 am
LordZeus says...

@Griffinkeeper I'm afraid I must inform you that SBs often take weeks to receive enough participants, and may even be weeks more before the participants have prepared the plots enough to start. So to give a time limit of a few days is very... unorthodox, to say the least. Seeing as you have been a member of YWS for over 10 years, I'm sure you can see why I'm saying this. Just a piece of advice.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:58 am
Griffinkeeper says...

@LordZeus, would you be interested in writing with us? You might enjoy a storybook that isn't conventional.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:56 am
LordZeus says...

@Griffinkeeper I would but it is a very busy time for me as I have to balance 2 SBs along with my upcoming final exams. I'll be busy till April unfortunately, but if you are still accepting then (I know you probably won't be) then please let me know.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:35 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Actually, I always make a point of keeping my storybooks open, even after we've started. People can always join midstream, it's a rare story that doesn't introduce new characters throughout the story.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:38 am
Griffinkeeper says...

@TheFantasy14, I was thinking that Marlon could encounter Kaz and talk the matter over with her.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:28 pm
Europa says...

@Griffinkeeper Mostly, Kaz uses her fighting skills to incapacitate, not kill. She never goes out on a job alone, because she can't find it in herself to end a life, but the other person is usually the one who'll kill if the client wants a person brought back dead.

I suppose there could be two NPC's that are Kaz'z "Team" (Y'know, like in Fairy Tale where the people form smaller teams within the guild.)

I can also change it to say she avoids killing unless her own life or the life of a teammate depends on it.

She may also do a little bit of thieving here and there with her awesome Drow stealth.

Have a biscuit, Potter.
— Professor McGonagall