z

Young Writers Society

7 Deadly Sins DT

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:20 am
Rydia says...

I'll take Sloth; sounds like my kind of guy :)
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:45 pm
View Likes
HazelGrace16 says...

Awesome! @Rydia
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

15 Reviews

Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:27 pm
HazelGrace16 says...

Alright we are full, and ready to get started!!
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

15 Reviews

Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:28 pm
HazelGrace16 says...

Just still waiting on @Gravity for her CP. Take your time

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:32 pm
Europa says...

Yay! Let it begin! I think I'll do next post.

Reviews: 0
Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:04 am
TheForgottenKing says...

So, if I may, I'll explain about the Horseman. Death never was a sin. Sorry. He was originally a horseman of the apocalypse. So I thought for plot thickening, I'd bring in the Horsmean part, he can still be a sin. The other horseman are going to be more of Adrian's story of conquering them, because what's Wrath without a little War, Pestilence, and famine? They're not going to give him "superpowers" they merely provide knowledge and powers for Wrath to use to complete his job. Only when they allow it though. You can include that in your posts, about Wraths relationship with the horseman. How they think he's too buddy with them and not enough with the other sins.
"I make my own luck"- Shay Patrick Cormac

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:23 am
Gravity says...

What? I am so confused. I'm lost on the whole death, kedos, box trappy thingie stuff. It might make sense to you and the others but I'm super confused. And now we have a horseman????

Also what is the primary setting for the plot. Are all the candidates going to know each other? Will they be taken from the real world and put in this isolated mansion like The Goddess Test?

And also, why are the champion thingiemabobbers the exact opposite of what they're supposed to be responsible for? I get that everybody loves an underdog but to a degree it doesn't make sense. Should I make my person the opposite of my sin?

I'm gonna make my CP and just see what happens. Lol, Hazel please explain!
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

15 Reviews

Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:07 am
HazelGrace16 says...

Okay first off. @TheForgottenKing I really liked your post, but I am also somewhat confused. I don't understand the place of these horseman. If you have time explain your idea then post. Thanks!

@Gravity The story has 4 known realms. The regular world. The Sins home world. Adons Sanctuary. And Deaths Prison world. The sins can only travel between the real world and the sins home world.
The chosen will most likely not know each other. They will be taken from the real world and placed in the sins land for training.
They aren't opposite from what they are supposed to be. Just more complicated.I only said that in the letter so they would be complicated. No human is one personality, and I thought it would be interesting to see the struggles of being in charge of just one thing.

Any other questions let me know. I'm aware it might be confusing.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:00 am
Europa says...

Got my post in!

15 Reviews

Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:58 am
HazelGrace16 says...

@TheFantasy14 @TheForgottenKing @Chaser @Gravity @Rydia

An explanation:

Adon:

Adon was the first Guardian of the world. His origins are unknown. During the time of darkness (Kedos’ rule) Adon was a savior type figure. He brought the world back into light. The battle against Kedos’ darkness however weakened him, and so he split his power into 8 different parts. The 8 original sins. (As you know)

Adon can communicate with the sins through letters, visions, dreams, and on VERY rare occasions in a live spirit type form. (Think a patronus from Harry Potter, but a man)

Speaking with him is very rare, therefore if you speak to him it will be in very dire situations.

The choosing ceremony:

Before the choosing ceremony The specific Guardian will seek out an heir. Somewhat like Fantasy and Rydia did, where they either watched from afar or sent them “preparing” visions/dreams.

The actual choosing ceremony is like a town hall meeting so to speak. The Sins all gather to their home realm of Ramwelth. At the end of the night the choosing begins. It goes around a table, and everyone explains who their heir is, and why they chose them.

The heir is presented in a holographic type way, but more magical. (Takes place of plant in first picture above)

After they explain they place an object into the center to finalize their decision with a symbol. (A.k.a the symbol you chose in your cp) (If it's something big then a small fragment of that item would be placed) (The new heirs will carry this item with them if they choose) For instance Cath’s symbol:

After the choosing ceremony the Sins are each required to go, and fetch their heir. (You can choose how you do this)

*Also question! Please tell me what you guys think the believed fate should be. Should people think the kids are dead, at an elite private school, or would they wipe the memories of their existence as a whole? Feel free to discuss!*

The realms:
There are five realms total.

You have Ramwelth:
the sins realm. It is almost a vacation sort of destination for the sins. It is not large. It is a simple destination between the real world and Adon’s sanctuary. (You can choose whether or not your sin spends most of their time in Ramwelth, or the real world. Depends on what they enjoy) Also there are ways to view the mortal world in Ramwelth. It is similar to the presentation of the heirs during the choosing ceremony. Like a holograph, but more magical.

Adon’s Sanctuary:
The realm where Adon’s soul, and the past lives of the Sin guardians reside. It is a heaven type realm. You cannot enter it, or leave it by choice. No mortal type beings can enter. The past lives can leave, but I’ll explain that later.

Deaths prison realm:
This the realm where the first host of Death was trapped for eternity. As you know Kedos’ soul attached itself to Death's soul when Adon split his power into 8 parts. It is a land of darkness, and like Ramwelth it is more of a destination realm, than world world realm. Darkness develops from this land, and is spread to the mortal world through small holes in the realm. It is an unbreakable prison from the inside. (Death can only communicate with anyone through visions, and whispers. If you wish to include Death in a post, please wait awhile. Death is currently not a huge part in the SB, and I feel like it would be too soon if he jumped in now.)

The mortal world: Our world. Duh. Guardians can travel here, but the knowledge of their existence is unknown by most. They can choose who sees them, and who doesn’t here. Nice place to feel “normal” every once in awhile.

The mortal heaven world type thing: (Sorry dont have cool name for this one. Feel free to make suggestions) Where the mortal souls go after death. This realm isn't super important to the sins, because they dont control it. It's one realm but there is two parts. aka Heaven and Hell. Back before Death was trapped he controlled who went where, but now it is based on morals Adon created. (If anyone has questions I’ll try to explain this, but honestly it isn't that relevant to the story I dont think. That's up to you I guess)

Past Guardians: (How I interpreted Kings thing) So the guardians are extremely imperfect. Duh. So they’ll need some help. Therefore the past lives of the specific sin can visit them, and give them guidance/help. They can not stay for long periods of time, but they are most of the time accessible. (Please do not overuse them.) Most of the time the specific sin is the only one who can see their past lives. On rare occasions that can be different. (Sort of in Wraths case) They can appear like Adon to the Guardians.

Last thought: *Hey guys! Dont overthink it! I think I may have included all the hazy information, and I hope it helps. Feel free to always ask me questions. I’m really excited for this storybook, and I can't wait to see how this story unravels.*

HG16 <3

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:28 am
Chaser says...

I personally think that the sins should be assumed dead. If we do that, we can work in a few historical figures as past sins. Vlad the Impaler as Wrath, Caesar as Greed, Elvis Presley as Gluttony, so on and so forth. Granted, the time-spacings would make that a bit difficult, but it's nice to have the option.
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:45 am
Rydia says...

Since they seem to only be able to choose children (perhaps because their minds are more open) I think it would make the most sense for them to be lost children so they disappear from the world and are assumed runaways etc.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:49 pm
Gravity says...

When I asked before if the recruits would know each other you said probably not because they would come from all over the world. I'm not sure if this ever was addressed but will they know each other as they go through the tests in Ramwelth? I'm assuming it's Ramwelth?
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

15 Reviews

Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:20 pm
HazelGrace16 says...

@Gravity

Yes they will. They will live together, train together, eat together, etc.

During the first dinner between all of them this will be said by someone.

"Look around. These are your fellow chosen. For the next half millennium these chosen will become your family, your sisters, your brothers, your best friends, and even the loves of your life...." And it continues in the speil.

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:23 pm
Sevro says...

@HazelGrace16

This seems like a really cool idea, and I am currently cursing myself for not checking for new SBs sooner!

I wanted to wish you all good luck with this!
"They think I'm still a child. The fools. Alexander was a child when he ruined his first nation."
—Darrow from the Red Rising trilogy by Pierce Brown<3

Spoiler! :
Formerly olsene and Caterpickle

It is not enough to do your best; you must know what to do, and THEN do your best.
— W. Edwards Deming