z

Young Writers Society

Wynbald, School of Magic DT

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:30 pm
Pompadour says...

@hermione315, @HazelGrace16, and @StellaThomas haven't gotten their posts in yet. It's no matter--I'll post again this weekend and we can keep going, but falling behind sucks immensely (so please update as soon as you can, guys!).
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:46 pm
HazelGrace16 says...

My post counted for both my chars
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:39 pm
artsy says...

Should we go ahead and do the second round of posting? I'm just worried that we may fall way behind. :(
"You have brains in your head and feet in your shoes - you can steer yourself in any direction you choose!" - Dr. Seuss
~
Will Review For Food

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:58 am
View Likes
Mea says...

We're still waiting on Stella and hermione315, yes?

I think we might just need to move on. I don't have much written yet, but I could put together something in the next couple days. This lack of activity is worrying.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

396 Reviews

Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:01 pm
Pompadour says...

I'm sorry; I meant to post last week, but lifestuff kept getting in the way! If I haven't posted for Jemima by tomorrow, poke me and prod me until I do.

396 Reviews

Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:13 am
Pompadour says...

Posted! An NPC has been introduced (I'll try introducing a new NPC with every two posts or whatever), and this time it is Rochester!

Spoiler! :

I'll insert a quick doodle and character-sketch of every NPC as we continue. Rochester is in his late forties. His wife died a few years back, some ten years after the Battle of Hogwarts, during childbirth. Josef is Rochester's only child, and he is a little protective of him, but it's hard to control Josef--he's an impulsive, mischievous kid, and you can be sure he'll make it his mission to befriend everyone (student, teacher, and house elf alike) in the castle. Rochester is very unlike his son, in that he's placid, meek, and submissive, but he has this calculating look in his eye that can be rather disconcerting at times....

OH, and IS THAT A MAP??? It is, lol. I'll be posting it sometime later this evening, even though I really suck at making maps.

Post, post, post! Let's get this up and rolling~

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:46 am
View Likes
Vervain says...

I'll work on posts for Tibby and Nick this week; if any of the other students want to help me collab on a post for Nick, so we can figure out how he deals with them, then I'd be up for it! (If anyone's up for collabing in general, I'm up for it, haha.)

Out of curiosity, would we be willing to do another character jam type thing in the next week or so? You know I love discussing characters, haha, and it might be a good opportunity to catch some of the people who didn't make it to the first one.
stay off the faerie paths

396 Reviews

Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:54 am
Pompadour says...

Definitely! My weekend's completely free, so I'm all up for a character discussion wfp on Saturday (in two slots, maybe?), and perhaps a mechanics + general plotting wfp on Sunday.

Timings for slot #1 will be the same as last time--this time, though, I'll make sure slot #2 is a friendlier time for people who can't make it for the first slot.

396 Reviews

Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:49 pm
View Likes
Pompadour says...

Very badly-drawn map of the ground floor (which has also been added to the detail-gritty post on the first page of the DT):

Spoiler! :

45 Reviews

Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:20 pm
artsy says...

About the character jam thing, I have rehearsal from 9 AM Saturday to 10 PM that night, so if the second slot can be towards the end of the day, I'll be able to make it. I'm sorry for my weird schedule!
"You have brains in your head and feet in your shoes - you can steer yourself in any direction you choose!" - Dr. Seuss
~
Will Review For Food

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:51 pm
Evander says...

I have youth group from 5pm to 8-ish pm EST on Saturday and my bedtime is at 10, but I can stay up later if need be!
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:11 am
Evander says...

So it turns out that I have to go to my brother's scouting event, which will be from 9am to 3pm tomorrow, so I'm not sure how that will affect everything. I'll attempt to pop on if we're having the character jam then!
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:41 am
Mea says...

Are we still on for the jam in 20ish minutes?

Also, I have a post ready, so I think I'll go ahead and post it.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

45 Reviews

Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:49 am
artsy says...

@Lareine could I use your last post to propel into an friendly, yet concerned interaction between the two profs?
~
Will Review For Food

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:52 am
View Likes
Vervain says...

Sure thing! As long as you don't make Tibby dress in drag and do the hula, I'm fine with you using him ^^
stay off the faerie paths

she slept with wolves without fear, for the wolves knew there was a lion among them.
— r.m. drake