z

Young Writers Society

Wynbald, School of Magic DT

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:45 am
Pompadour says...

@artsy, not at all! It's perfectly fine~ See it as you'd see a Harry Potter book--it dealt with some pretty dark themes, and everything's not sunshine and daisies here, either, so I'd say anything that's not explicit/blatantly violent is acceptable.

And to the second question, yes! Why wouldn't it be? XD Be as creative with the character profile as you want.
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:23 am
artsy says...

Just making sure xD Thank you!
"You have brains in your head and feet in your shoes - you can steer yourself in any direction you choose!" - Dr. Seuss
~
Will Review For Food

45 Reviews

Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:58 am
artsy says...

So @TheFantasy14 and I have thought about having our characters (Lyra and Prof. Knoll) develop a friendship, and have this possibly facilitate a love interest/pairing. (I think this involves you too, @HazelGrace16.)

Just thought I should post that on here. Excited to start this soon. ^.^
"You have brains in your head and feet in your shoes - you can steer yourself in any direction you choose!" - Dr. Seuss
~
Will Review For Food

45 Reviews

Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:40 am
Europa says...

@Pomp Are there any other students besides these five at the school, and if so, would they take classes along with the trial students?

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:25 am
HazelGrace16 says...

How so @artsy ?
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

396 Reviews

Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:26 am
Pompadour says...

@TheFantasy14:

You have been selected for our first trial period at Wynbald, along with four other witches/wizards.

Which makes five in total! So, no, there will not be any other students. I'll be posting the ARRIVAL post soon, as soon as I can get my character profile in (eurgh, life), and we can begin! (I also want to wait until more people are done with their character profiles, so. XD)

!consider this a boop to start working on the profiles if you haven't begun. The characters so far look great~

45 Reviews

Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:19 pm
artsy says...

@HazelGrace16
@TheFantasy14 mentioned you might be interested in having your character possibly involved with the pairing. If not, I apologize for the misunderstanding.
~
Will Review For Food

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:33 pm
Mea says...

My character profile should be up tomorrow - right now trying to be creative is like swimming through molassess.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:36 pm
Mea says...

And done!

If anyone is confused at all about the timeline of events or any of the dates and things, just ask me, because I did go pretty deep into Harry Potter lore. Yes, I did have to look up a timeline to get all the dates and his age right. xD
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

15 Reviews

Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:04 pm
HazelGrace16 says...

@Pomp Question. Would you possibly allow us to make more students? I understand wanting to keep the numbers low, but I also noticed that there isn't much diversity with the sexes. I know I would be willing to make another character, but I also don't want to go against your 5 student set up
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:15 pm
Vervain says...

If Pomp allows more students (perhaps a seven-student trial period, for the most magical number?) then I would gladly create and maintain another character in addition to, ahem, Tibby. :P

With that being said, Prof. Friedrich is also open to students approaching him with questions or complaints, if he's not very good at addressing them -- so, uh, any of y'all can feel free to get in touch with me and we can talk things through about character interaction if you want to?
stay off the faerie paths

396 Reviews

Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:33 am
Pompadour says...

I'm good with seven (or eight) students, actually, if people already participating in the SB are up for making them! The reason why I kept the initial count low for individual characters per person is because, all other reasons aside, I wouldn't be able to handle an SB with so many people. XD But if you think you should be fine with two characters, by all means, go ahead! I'd love for us to have some more diversity.

I should have Jemima's profile up by tomorrow. x.x Things have gotten surprisingly busy around here before the new year.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:59 am
Vervain says...

In that case, I'll magic up a student profile and get him turned in ASAP!
stay off the faerie paths

15 Reviews

Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:04 am
HazelGrace16 says...

Same!

396 Reviews

Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:15 pm
Pompadour says...

Posted! We can rlly begin now. Also, here's the dice:

It has been a long journey to Wynbald, and you are tired. You are met at the castle gates by Rochester, the caretaker. He leads you into the castle, and into the Dining Hall, where you sign your names on a Registration Scroll.

You are then taken to the dormitories to rest.

(You may begin writing at any point—starting from your journey, when you receive the letter, or even after you have arrived at Wynbald or are making yourself at home in the dorms. Be creative. Mingle. Ask questions.)

Do. Or do not. There is no try.
— Yoda