z

Young Writers Society

Remus DT

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:03 pm
Europa says...

So Hi. Seems like theres enough characters to start a DT, use it well, rebels!

@TheForgottenKing @HazelGrace16

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:33 pm
LordZeus says...

Hey @TheFantasy14 did you see the post I made on your SB page? If so could you please answer my question ?

45 Reviews

Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:56 pm
Europa says...

@LordZeus Yeah, I did see. I'm thinking it would be pretty long down the line of the Roman's rulers, maybe Julius Caesar? (Spell correction greatly appreciated.) Someone else might be better, but He's the only guy I've learned about so far, and that was just because I did the research myself.

39 Reviews

Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:12 am
LordZeus says...

Umm julius Caesar was dictator for life, not emperor. His nephew, Augustus Caesar is considered as the first emperor of the Roman Empire. Oh wait, I just realized something. You see, Julius sort of ruled Rome as a member of a triumvirate of him, Crassus and Pompey. When Crassus died, he and pompey fought a civil war which Julius won. Then he assassinated Pompey and named himself Dictator for life. But I was thinking that maybe Pompey could've escaped death and been a Remus member. Then he and the Remus could conspire to help Brutus (Caesar's adopted son) to kill Julius. You could put your SB in time period of an emperor though, like perhaps Caligula the Mad. That might be interesting.
@TheFantasy14

Reviews: 0
Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:13 am
TheForgottenKing says...

Correction @LordZeus

Julius Caesar didn't have Magnus Pompey assassinated, Pompey was betrayed inEgypt by one of his own men who was trying to curry favor with Ceaear. Than when Caesar found out about it he had that man's head put on a spike.
"I make my own luck"- Shay Patrick Cormac

45 Reviews

Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:32 am
Europa says...

I think we have everyone...shall we start posting?

39 Reviews

Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:54 am
LordZeus says...

Oh sorry @TheForgottenKing that was an error on my part :P it's nice to know that there's someone out there who knows as much, or perhaps more about Rome and its history and mythology than I do. Oh and @TheFantasy14 you should probably establish which emperor's reign that this storybook takes place as the rules and other things varied greatly between some Emperors. I'd be glad to help you out with that or anything else regarding Rome if you want any assistance.

Reviews: 0
Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:18 am
TheForgottenKing says...

I can help too. It may be a little politically turmoilly (is that even a word?) if our time period was set around Julius Caesar's time in Rome. Perhaps just a fictional ruler who went by Caesar, a couple emperors did that while trying to gain the crowds support. In fact, lots of emperors where referred to as Caesar instead of their actual names. The name came with the throne.
"I make my own luck"- Shay Patrick Cormac

39 Reviews

Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:48 pm
LordZeus says...

Yes it would be turmoilly (I'm not sure if its a word but it sounds right for what we are talking about so meh) if we set it in Julius's time, sincea lot of the patricians (nobles) were against him for naming himself dictator for life, whereas the majority of the plebeians (common folk) supported him. Perhaps the Remus helps Brutus and Cassius to assassinate Caesar, who wants to imprison, make gladiators, or even kill all of Remus.

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:12 pm
Sevro says...

Hi everyone! I won't be joining this SB, but I open it works out for you! I think it sounds really interesting...
"They think I'm still a child. The fools. Alexander was a child when he ruined his first nation."
—Darrow from the Red Rising trilogy by Pierce Brown<3

Spoiler! :
Formerly olsene and Caterpickle

45 Reviews

Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:56 pm
Europa says...

I posted. Just establishing Relationships with characters, the spectacular stuff will come later.

39 Reviews

Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:01 am
LordZeus says...

@TheFantasy14 I hope I'm not being annoying but have you decided under which Emperor's reign will this storybook take place?

45 Reviews

Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:03 am
Europa says...

I think I'll stick with Julius. That way the plot can also be complicated with political unrest.

39 Reviews

Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:15 am
LordZeus says...

Alright sounds cool. But remember while Caesar was in charge of Rome, he wasn't Emperor, so when soldiers or any official speaks of him, they would call him either consul or dictator. Oh and you might know this already but there were rules in the gladiatorial arena. When one contestant has the other disarmed or has his blade against his opponent's throat, he is the victor. Then the audience (who would probably follow the highest ranking person there, like Caesar) would choose whether the loser lived or died by sticking their thumbs up for life, or down for death. Those would be the rules by which your characters live in the arena.
@TheFantasy14

45 Reviews

Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:49 am
Europa says...

So who's next?

life is so much better with tater tots
— AilahEvelynMae