z

Young Writers Society

Remus DT

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:20 am
Chaser says...

I was going to wait for Romulus to be established as a threat before posting, then blow the image out of the water with Valerius' antics. If nobody's going to post, I could make a second character to flesh things out...
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:20 am
Europa says...

@Chaser no objections here! Go for it!

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:53 am
Chaser says...

Posted. It's a little rough, but I managed to fill in a bit of info.
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:05 am
HazelGrace16 says...

Nice post Chaser! I can go next if thats okay?

Btw me and Fanty have been working this idea for Tabatha. Considering this is a historical fiction piece everything is not exactly historically correct. To my point though. Tabatha works for Caesar. Her cursed powers enable her to corrupt the gladiators minds and such. That's why they stay in their prisons. (You'd think with their powers they would have escaped by now) Well Tabatha stops this with her manipulation power, and hexes. That is where Chris comes in. He isn't vulnerable to her power therefore that surprises her leading down a road of things to come. Tabatha is a good bad guy character. She works for the bad guy, but her reasons are all good in the long run. So just letting you know beforehand. If anyone has a problem with this let me know.
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:19 am
LordZeus says...

@Chaser I dunno if I'm allowed to advise you here since I don't have a character but the special soldiers of Rome were called legionnaires.nThey formed the crux of the armies and others were called auxiliaries. In your post you only mentioned soldiers in the arena, which is okay, but seeing as there was a high ranking official there, I'm sure he'd have a few well trained legionnaires in the arena to guard him. Other soldiers could've been there to keep order though, so your post is fine. I just wanted to tell you guys this so you mention legionnaires in the future. I'm sorry if I sound rude or anything but I just wanted to share my knowledge on Ancient Rome :D

15 Reviews

Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:02 am
HazelGrace16 says...

@LordZeus How would a servant, or lower class citizen address Caesar in conversation. For instance with a royal you would say "your highness", but what for him?
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

39 Reviews

Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:21 am
LordZeus says...

Oh @HazelGrace16 a servant would call him 'Master' but a Lower Class citizen would call him 'Dictator' or 'Consul', either if they wish to be respectful. Probably 'Dictator' would be best in such a case. I'm glad you asked me, please tell me if there is anything else I can help you with :D

15 Reviews

Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:45 am
HazelGrace16 says...

Posted! Whoo!

39 Reviews

Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:30 pm
LordZeus says...

Um @TheForgottenKing not to be rude but Caesar named himself Dictator for life so I don't think it would be dangerous to call him that, seeing as it was a title that he adopted for himself. 'King' on the other hand would be dangerous. Just a thought.

Reviews: 0
Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:03 pm
TheForgottenKing says...

@LordZeus

A lot of people thought that Caesar was going to name himself king so it was somewhat meant as an insult when they said that.
"I make my own luck"- Shay Patrick Cormac

45 Reviews

Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:54 pm
Europa says...

Posted for Aurelia. @Chaser, I'm not sure if I overplayed how afraid Jin is when he comes, so if I overdid it, tell me, cause I may need to tone that down a notch,

39 Reviews

Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:51 am
LordZeus says...

*Poke*

45 Reviews

Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:26 pm
Europa says...

ACK! Sorry! I was working on a post and then a high school thing popped up. I'm currently putting all my creative focus into that, but after auditions for this arts school I'll get back on it!

39 Reviews

Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:06 am
LordZeus says...

@Chaser I liked reading your post! I just wanted to tell you the 'master' isn't the correct term for a female. It should be 'mistress'.

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't.
— Bill Nye