z

Young Writers Society

Chasing Heaven DT

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:26 pm
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

So! Skype group has kind-of sort-of decided that we'd have several this weekend over the course of the weekend just to make it avaliable to all. You do not have to come to all of them but making at least one for maybe an hour or so would be great!

They will be today:
1 PM EST
7 PM EST

And tomorrow:
1 PM EST
7 PM EST

So basically same times both days. If you can't make it at any of those exact times, don't worry! Show up whenever you can ~ It's just a super lax thing that I thought would be fun :33

In Steggy's pad there will be a link to a fresh, clean writing slate where we will begin. Because I have a thing with organization xD

Also, try to post here the times you can make and/or can't just so I have an idea considering I'll probably be at all of them.
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:25 pm
Wolfi says...

Looks like I already missed the first one. :P I'll be at at least the sevens and hopefully tomorrow's one.
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

767 Reviews

Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:40 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

//poke poke
How's everyone holding up?

Adri is writing a post. We may or may not have a new character. (Just an NPC.)
And I have no promises to post, because I will break them, but hey ~ The floors pretty open :DD With AP testing and finals just around the corner, it's really not a big deal, I'm okay to continue hibernation for a little bit, but maybe give this like a thought or two for a weeks or so? >.>

[she/her]

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:53 am
View Likes
Evander says...

I'm introducing an NPC named Jack! He's a backstabber, meaning he'll help your character out when they're in a rut and then he'll return later down the line to totally screw everything up. (He knocks out someone for you? You'll be compelled to kill an innocent person later down the line. You wanted candy from him? Later on, the next piece of chocolate will be poison. Is the party in a bind and needs someone to sacrifice? He'll give himself up, but everyone will need to die three times over in order to satisfy him.)

He's going to appear when someone needs a protector. His appearance changes depending on who looks at him -- he'll look like someone that you would deem most trustworthy. Although, he always has something about him that reveals a portion of his true image.

To add to that, he's incredibly strong with magic. (He has to be in order to grant wishes like that.) He'll tag along with the party sometimes and he's generally pretty helpful, when he's not trying to kill you.

He's fallen, there's history and backstory, blah blah blah blah.

Thoughts?
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

767 Reviews

Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:35 pm
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

Expect a message from yours truly later today.

You should be scared. :3

[she/her]

767 Reviews

Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:39 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

So this is three days late. Uh, sorry about that. Some of you may know some stuff has happened in my life and I'm still trying to deal with it since it's hit me really hard. But I'm staying strong xD

Anyway, I'ma call a quick roll-call (please reply if you'd like to still participate because I know it's been a while and the motivation fades but I hope to rekindle that first enthusiasm we all had xD)

- @Noelle, @Craz, @Wolfical, @CandyWizard, @AdrianMoon, @Dinosaur
[niho and Hazel won't be joining us again, I'm afraid :/ Their characters will stick around but they're basically up to the will of the majority now. We can trade them off or just leave them as NPCs.]

This has been on my to-do list of things for months and months and months to push this back into the water and light that flame again. But you know, I've done a pretty bad job of explaining things and motivating people (and myself) and generally informing people of things that I don't think what's happening right now is working xD Obviously our months of no posts has shown that. So, I've proposed that we kind of skip ahead a little bit in time and try to sink our teeth into a scene that we can all get apart of and start to get the real story going.

I'm thinking that we can start thinking of our plan of attack now and getting lots of discussion going in this place because that's been kind of lacking as well >.> And I've mentioned before not really having a posting order or anything but do you guys think that would help be more of a motivator for some people? Maybe we can all lay our what we need to do and break it into pieces for people to write about? I was also thinking to have a loose rule where we have at least one post every one/two weeks, and not one post per person, just one post in general, so that this is always just steadily rolling along.

Sorry for the super train of thought and probably incoherent quality of this. I'm just writing as I'm thinking xD

Basically, with the skipping ahead in time, we could probably start back up already in the warehouse with all the characters gathered and talking about the dream, the mission, etc. Just write up any input or things you'd like to see there. We could also speculate a little more about how this happened so little hints could be dropped in our writing of it so that we all understand.

tl;dr: I want to get this going again, but I need your guys' help. Just so we can talk through this more, plan better and just get writing. Ask away any questions if you're confused or don't know what to do. Share your ideas! And if you don't think you want a part of this anymore, I understand <3 But for those of you left, I want to finish this because it's my baby and our baby and I think we can.

(I'm so sorry if this is super weird and incoherent xD)

[she/her]

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:46 am
View Likes
Craz says...

Hooraah for our baby~
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:23 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

I'm still here <3
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1417
Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:58 pm
View Likes
Noelle says...

Yeesssss. I've been waiting for this!
Noelle is the name, reviewing and writing cliffhangers is the game.

Writer of fantasy, action/adventure, and magic. Huzzah!

"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done." -- Steven Wright

YWS is life

767 Reviews

Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:54 pm
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

Yay for everyone still sticking around <3

I've heard from Adri that they'll try to still be around here for a bit but as I've expressed before, if you have to drop off because of life, don't hesitate to! You're spot will be waiting here with us for your return ^^

@CandyWizard, @Dinosaur? How about you two?

[she/her]

77 Reviews

Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:46 am
View Likes
Craz says...

WAKEY WAKEY EVERYONE

So, we're all going/ in the square, right? We need to quickly transition from there to the warehouse where we all said we were going to meet up. I don't remember a lick of any of what we planned for it, and wfp is conveniently down, SO ideas??

Are we all meeting there? Or are we breaking into groups again?
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:43 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

Sorry guys! I took a little break from YWS. I'll be sure to post a post by the end of this week!
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

77 Reviews

Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:08 pm
View Likes
Craz says...

@Dinosaur, my love, we're going to give the scene a reboot/ facelift bc the whole scene as we planned isn't going to work out so well, seeing as a good bit of our clique is out. We need to figure something out. xD

Have any ideas? Input would be, like, fantasic.

*eyes those that also wanted to reboot*

767 Reviews

Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:08 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

So, I have far too many ideas and questions and stuff so I'm going to try to organize these coherently xD Bear with me.

First things first, I have a few questions that I asked in my first big long spiel that no one even addressed so I'll just plop them right here:
- What do you think about us rethinking our approach to this scene? (Or even skipping ahead of it?)*
- What are your ideas for the scene and onward?
- Do you think we need/should have an order for posts to motivate people?
[Or maybe we could just think of what we need to do and break it up into pieces for everyone and go from there?]
- What do you think of having a loose rule of having at least on post every week or two?

Please contribute your ideas and stuff xD That's how discussion goes ~ No idea is a stupid one! And if it is, we still appreciate it because then we can bounce off from somewhere :3

Now, regarding the little asterisk.
*My general idea for going about this is we have a reboot of sorts. Essentially, we will pick and choose what information from the posts beforehand we want to use so that we have the best possible outcome to progress with.

What I'm thinking we do is have a little less complex chain of events where in the dream, Kasear gives them a specific location in the city to meet up and say something like, "Go there three days after you see me at sundown" or something to that effect. But you know, not all of our characters will be totally on board with this since, you know, it's a children's legend in a dream. Who knows if it's even real? Who knows if it's a trap or not? It could even be a thing of some characters "coincidentally" by the power of magic ending up in the area.

The area could be the warehouse, where there is plenty of food, weapons and the gang who inhabited it is dead thanks to a starving pair. (I would think to cut out the other gang just for ease of plot and stuff. As well, the whole guardians introducing fallen probably won't have that much emphasis. It could still happen for Quinn to go do his murdering father thing -- I quite liked that xD -- but the rest of the characters won't know. Quinn's a guardian himself, so he would know ^^ He kinda has to be there.)

In doing this, I feel it's a lot less convoluted and we can focus on character interactions and coming up with a plan of action and how our characters go about doing this. Like, if they even want to do it (which the eventual answer will be yes. obviously) and what they need to do. Blaise can do stealing stuff, Quinn can do subtle guardian hints because he knows where the watch is MAGICALLY. NOT BECAUSE HE'S A GUARDIAN NOOOOOPE, Riss can almost kill Nik as they try to lead together, Ossie can be Ossie, Mel can do magic, Amia can do peacekeeping (somewhat successfully) and Sasha can do stealth.

So far, how does that sound? It's much simpler and I can create a guide of what is and is not relevant in the posts. [I'm thinking the posts about the whole square gathering would not be relevant ._.] And since we're still in intros, it's not that bad to scrap a bit of stuff. As long as we discuss and stay organize ^^

So, uh, if it's not too much to ask, I'd appreciate if you all at least replied to the ideas and questions with your own thoughts in the next couple days. Don't be shy! Discussion is how SBs thrive ^^

tl;dr: READ EVERYTHING.

[she/her]

77 Reviews

Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:47 pm
View Likes
Craz says...

OKAY SO we have made the decision to revamp this as a new SB. It will still contain some of the main plot points as there were in here, but Wolfe and I will be working over the next week or so to give it a fresher face, which will quite possibly include a map, bigger and better worlds, and even more dynamic plots to play around with.

If you are still interested in this storyline, please PM either me or Wolfe and we will happily include you. You won't necessarily have to keep the same character, either ;)

Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything's different?
— C.S. Lewis