Track 1: Sorrow DT

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:53 am
StupidSoup says...

Dt thing in the DT plz
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

54 Reviews

Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:24 am
StupidSoup says...

Bump I suppose

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:48 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@15253 So this is a thing. It needed a lot more advertising, considering what this thing could lead to.

Anyway so, although it is clear that it's fallen into the shadows, may I try and see if the two of us can regenerate it? I'm crazy, as you know, but it also means that I got quite a few ideas. And it is encourage to use imagination, soooooo... Yeah. I'm basically asking if I can create a character template and write one or two posts. That is all.

PS: Even if we're only two for a while, I'd really like to see what we can do with this SB. Do ask if you'd like to know more about whatever wacky thing I have in mind.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

54 Reviews

Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:14 pm
StupidSoup says...

o7 yer a tru frend. I look forward to working with you. The first post may not be until next weekend because of some external issues but mark my words it shall be soon.

Thankee much!

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

40 Reviews

Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:57 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@15253 Ya welcome, buddy.

EDIT:...There! After about 2 hours of bus travel, I'm finally back home, ready to talk business. 'Cause obviously, Brain made me write one or two things on my trusty notepad. This also means that you can slap me if you don't like what I'm about to tell you, since well, writing in bus/metroline/bus during 2 hours is probably not the best way to get the greatest of ideas.
I still it's decent though, so we'll see!

Ahem. Let's get this over with. I should probably enspoiler is, 'cause as usual, it's a bit long.

Spoiler! :
So! The plot I came up with so far is that after our characters get their gadgets - which I believe shouldn't take 27 posts or so - they can keep them and get out of the white space they've been thrown in. They'd wake up in a new world in which they find out that some evil witch took it for herself and hosts concerts with said sound - which is a nice way to say that she absorbs music, will and energy from everyone who goes there. Eventually some people remain utterly soundless, without even the background music our characters have. Which... is a fate we kinda want to avoid, so our main first goal would be to catch her (she constantly roams around to host her events) and get sounds/music back.

Thing is, prior to that wicked witch's sudden sound-stealing frenzy, there wasn't much havoc. Mostly because the Deities of Symphonia... Ah! Symphonia. There, we've got a world name!
Anyway, so thanks to the Deities of Symphonia, the world was fine 'cause music and sound - which was under their juristiction - was distributed equally through the hands of their Disciples (AKA the guys on Symphonia who work under them). But they can't do their job properly anymore because a crazy gal with a major YOLO factor decided to screw everyone's lives. Why? We don't know that yet.

And my plan was that after our characters get our gadgets, I'd create a "transition post" so to speak in the point of view of the witch, which would trigger the next series of events.
AKA our characters are taken to one of the Deities' Symphonic Terrain, in which we'd learn... stuff that I haven't planned yet in order to hold our own agaisnt the Witch if she tries to steal our remaining music and sounds. We can alwys meet up in some kind of town squares and plazas, so friendships and rivalries might happen.
And all of this, of course, WITHOUT ANY DIALOGUE WHATSOEVER. Which brings me to a little question: is it cheating if one of my character's gadgets is a notepad? A very normal one, that can be lost or destroyed easily (and thus my character wouldn't be able to rely on it all the time)?

Anyway! I'm done. I realize that you're the kind of writer that usually goes with the flow of his ideas as he writes, which is why I left a LOT of stuff blank. My plans aren't usually fully fledged anyway, I always leave blank space.

So! Thoughts? Feedback? I'm all ears! I'mma make my character template in the meantime. Cheers :D
Last edited by TinkerTwaggy on Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

54 Reviews

Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:02 pm
StupidSoup says...

This sounds really good. I do wanna make some changes but I need my computer to do that so hang tight

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

40 Reviews

Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:18 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Go ahead! Hopefully it'll serve as a good base. 'Sides, all of our characters have their own stories, so I can always put stuff you wanna discard to side-stories. I wouldn't mind.

54 Reviews

Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:17 am
StupidSoup says...

Alrighty! Sorry if this is a bit late.

So first off, I like the idea. I wanna keep the basic plot (wicked witch, sound stealing, Deities, etc.) The tone you put it in is a bit comical but its no biggie.

That aside, there are some minor tweaks. First off, how are we going to get from the Gadget Room (which I guess is a place now) to Symphonia (which may be tweaked later on)? I have no answer to that, so I suggest we put it aside of now and focus on the things we can do.

We're definitely keeping the Witch's Concert Hall. However, and I think you touched on this as well, It should only be one location, which leaves is with room for a whole bunch more world building. Case in point, I got some more locations for ya. The main place where sound roams (and consequently where the Witch is usually) are the Plains of Rhyme and Rhythm. This is a nice wide open grassy plain who's color will fluctuate as the mood of it's occupants changes. We will probably start here and be captured by the Witch only to escape later (however, the plot is always up for debate.) Next are the Mountains of Discord, where all the awry rhymes go. Pretty self explanatory. There will be towns but I'm running short on time so we'll leave that blank for now.

Finally, we have backstory. I propose that the Deities are dead, or at least very weak and in hiding. So we gotta either revive them or as you said, find them and learn from them to defeat the Witch. This meeting will also fill in a whole bunch of background knowledge about the world and sort of fill it out. We can work on backstory soon. I may open a WFP for this.

There. Just added a bit more detail. Still some blank parts. Meh mum's nagging at me to go to bed so I gotta cut it a bit short. Hope ye like. Fill in stuff with whatever ye propose. G'night.

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:34 pm
Poopsie says...

Let's keep doing this.

@Tortwag @15253 @TheIllusiveIntelect
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

40 Reviews

Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:07 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

WHY WAS I NOT INFORMRED OF 15253'S POST WHEN HE ANSWERED ME.
I HATE WHEN THIS HAPPENS.

...Oh. He didn't mentioned me in his post and I didn't subscribe to the topic.
...*shoots self*

Anyway. Ahem.

@15253 Yes, but I can totally answer!
-Magical transportation. Or, a gate that leads straight to Symphonia after we get our Gadgets. Most likely the latter: the Gadget Room itself is pretty much the room that defines what we'll be able to do before we can get to Symphonia anyway, so that could work.

-The tone part is how I narrate things in life. Don't worry though, it's not necessarily the tone I'm gonna use whenever it's my turn to post - you've read enough Twinkiel posts to realize that I'm not always one to write funny things.

-Ohoh, nice! Us being captured by the Witch only to escape her is an interesting idea too, so I wouldn't mind it happenin'. Especially if she keeps watchin' our progress even though we escaped. As in, with an actual spyglass - that would be HER gadget, or she could have the lens themselves as gadgets - that she'd us to literally keep watchin' us.

-That's cool with me, because I didn't want them to be active at all. Though I'd rather have us trying to... maybe not revive the deities themselves, but like revive their abilities and try to use 'em against the Witch.

Totally like it. I'll hatch a plan later durin' the day and start workin' on that character template.

@Poopsie thanks for the reminder!
Last edited by TinkerTwaggy on Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:55 pm
Poopsie says...

@TheIllusiveIntellect

Spelled it right this time ;)

No prob tort!
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground.
— The Bee Movie