z

Young Writers Society

The Six of Us DT

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:12 pm
View Likes
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

But that's just it... What will the personas do to ensure that George doesn't get fixed? And dr Whitecliffe isn't all that he seems too... *laughs maniacally*

I'll reveal his true nature as we progress...

The persecution part I know of, and chose to have us decide on it together. IF he has that delusion, who will he believe is persecuting him etc... But that will all come later. If you read George's profile (it is up already, yes...) you'll see that the schizophrenia and MPD (multiple personality disorder) only really started a year ago, so he isn't that far in yet. Also, he only started seeing the doctor a few weeks before the SB starts, so...
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:15 pm
TinyJarStoredDreams says...

This is such a cool concept! I'd like to reserve "The Vanguard" persona if that's alright.
How the hell are we suppose to look forward to the future if we aren't sure if we will be alive in the next 20 seconds?

62 Reviews

Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:16 pm

@TinyJarStoredDreams, welcome!! Your spot is reserved!
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:20 pm
Steggy says...

If George doesn't get fixed or whatnot, the personas could try to pretend he is normal, most days then turn around as some crazy person who wants to jump off the bridge. Like you said, he has MPD (and for some reason, I am thinking of bipolar disorder, so forgive me if I get anything wrong). So, he goes to the doctor in the beginning of the SB and he seems fine. Over the weeks or something, his parents seem to notice his changing pattern of hanging out with friends or meeting the family. When they ask what is wrong, George could be confined or something by the mere presence of the family.
Yadda yadda, skip forward some time. They seem to put the puzzle pieces together and see he has MPD buuut what if George tries to hide it (or his personas try to hide it).

Just some ideas.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

Reviews: 1
Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:35 pm
Mom says...

opposite persona is MEIN
RIP my characters

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:33 pm
backroadstraveler says...

I guess that means the matron is the only one left. Can I reserve it?
Eggs are scrambled, eyes are addled, and brains should never be eaten

-The Lady Peg

212 Reviews

Reviews: 212
Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:28 pm
TheCrimsonLady says...

Even if there are spots left (which I'm not sure if they are or aren't), life is being mad at me right now, and I trying to take a break from storybooking (aside from the ones I'm already in), so I'll have to turn the invitation down, magician-person.
Let the blood pour down in rivers as the world burns.

43 Reviews

Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:34 pm
View Likes

FCTB

About the band/ band program- would it be fair to say he sits typically 3rd chair of eight trumpets (principal player of second part)? He may not he the best, but I would imagine that his experice would still place him in the upper half of the section.

I was thinking that as far as a 'motherly' personality goes, he (maybe she) would want to tutor the younger and lower-sitting players. It would also make for more personal tension if his competitive personalities start to vie for first chair.

-The Lady Peg

62 Reviews

Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:19 am

Great idea @backroadstraveler! It gives us some interesting scenarios (like Matron is nice to the lower seats, but Opposite or Daredevil are not so nice) I'll start adding these ideas to the first page of the DT a bit later today...
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:44 am
Wolfi says...

Good luck on this one, TCC! It's a fabulous idea. I'll be following. ;)
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

43 Reviews

Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:10 pm

What are the other characters in George's life like? Like the coach/director, his sibling? And who are his closest friends?

-The Lady Peg

62 Reviews

Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:01 pm

That, @backroadstraveler, I'm leaving open for discussion... We know he has at least one coach, one teacher (the band conductor) and at least one friend... But who they are, and how many more there are all depends on you all. I'll obviously join the discussions and whatnot, and help create the npc profiles, but other than that, we'll build the characters together (names, relationships, appearances, etc)
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

62 Reviews

Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:13 pm

But as for where we are in the SB, I'm thinking of some close to woodlands or farmlands (nice places to get lost... :P ), and somewhere close to Boston (since that is where dr Whitecliffe's main practice is)

Maybe a town or smaller city somewhere around there? Your suggestions?
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:27 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

I need to catch up with these discussions. Lemme finish my homework for the rest of the week and hop into my weeks holidays and I'll do just that.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:00 pm
Steggy says...

I think a smaller town would be a better place for George. As you said, it can be easier to wander and get lost in the nearby woods or something. Maybe when he feels threaten or something, he leaves his home and goes for a walk in the woods.

Also:

SCH:

Maybe he'll have friends, at first, then as the years go by he loses some? It is also proven that people with schizophrenia can still work or go to school- even with symptoms. If he has a supportive environment, I'm sure he'll get through school.
As seeing it from an Emo persona standpoint, he might be far away from some friends.
Also, what grade is in he? Middle school? High school? Collage? We might've gone over the decision-- I'm just wondering.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.
— Abraham Lincoln