62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:08 pm
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

Welcome to the mind of George Perkins!!

Ideas-

FAM

Spoiler! :
1) Persecution- Does George have the feeling of being followed/hunted? How does this affect the personas and his family relationships?

FCTB

Spoiler! :
1) Band- George is third seat trumpeter.~More competitive personas would like to be top seat.
~More caring personas help lower seats, less nice personas be rude?

SCH

Spoiler! :

TIME

Spoiler! :
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

62 Reviews

Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:22 pm
View Likes

*quietly tags @Stegosaurus, @Tortwag, @Wolfie36 and @QueenofHearts*
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:53 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

...Hmm. I dunno. I already joined Genii a while ago and started plannin' for it, so I'm not exactly sure if I'll be active enough if I join yet another SB.
The Daredevil would obviously be the one I'd really enjoy reserving, but... Huh. Bein' a fantasy-driven guy, I'm not exactly sure what I'd be able to bring to this.

...I need a plan. You know what, lemme reserve the Daredevil. This is an experimental SB, so I'll give it a shot. Thanks for tagging me, Clockwork!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

62 Reviews

Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:58 pm

No prob @Tortwag!! This is outside of my comfort zone too, both in genre and how the mechanics for the SB'll work (I'm not sure this has been tried before :-) )

But concerning the fantasy part, video games and possible hallucinations (yes, hallucinations... :P ) will allow you to fully incorporate fantasy elements...

But I will totally understand if you will be too busy with your other SBs to participate here too...
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

40 Reviews

Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:21 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@TheClockworkConjurer Ah, so we're in the same boat. (acutally Clockwork, one of my writting buddies that's NOT on YWS has done something like this, which is currently giving me an idea. I think I'll PM it to you - you might enjoy it)

And that's just it, I thought about Video games, but I wasn't sure I could include them or not. But now that you mention Hallucinations... Yeah. Yeah, both of these could work. Hmm. I DO need a plan.

Well to be fair, Life is the main factor that might destroy me, much more than the other SBs.
But I feel like it would be interesting to write out of my usual format, so I think I'll give this a shot. And if I can't remain active in the long run, you can always run Daredevil as an NPC, right? I'll just give you all of the plans I'll have for 'im.
If you don't mind that plan B, that is.

Sooooooooooooo I'm reserving the Daredevil :smt003
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:47 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

Thank you for tagging me! :D

So... since Tortwag stole got what I wanted, I'll be the Emo. This seems to be something completely out of my zone of SBs, but looks promising nonetheless. c:
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

40 Reviews

Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:50 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Sowwie, Stego. Sometiems I steal without realizing I do it :/
I'll make it up to you by acting as the craziest Daredevil you've ever seen :3

279 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:52 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

It's fine, Tort. XD

Can't wait to see the dareness you have in store ;)
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:54 pm
backroadstraveler says...

This definitely seems like it will be a challenge to write. I'd love to get in on this SB if it's alright!
I don't have a type I'd like to reserve, but I would like to avoid trying to write from Matron's perspective
Eggs are scrambled, eyes are addled, and brains should never be eaten

-The Lady Peg

279 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:00 pm
Steggy says...

Do we use George's name or the name of what we think is the charrie's name? It would make sense of course since he is schizophrenic and most of the voices have names or something.

40 Reviews

Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:09 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

I feel like we should use George's name whenever he's supposed ot be talking to people from the outside world, but that we should narrate and refer to ourselves as the names we've chosen for our personas (or like, when we're chatting witht he other personalities). It would be easier to understand who's who.

62 Reviews

Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:42 pm
View Likes

What Tort said, yeah... Naturally, when the situation becomes too overwhelming, your persona will obviously start using their own name instead of George's. Other than that, George's name is the primary, but persona-persona-interactions will be each individual name...

Also, dr Whitecliffe will obviously attempt to force each persona to admit who they are, so sometimes your name will be used then (depending on your attitude towards him obviously...)

All three spots have been reserved!
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

279 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:44 pm
Steggy says...

That's what I was thinking. Thanks for clearing it up. :)

62 Reviews

Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:53 pm
View Likes

Oh, we should also start discussing the following things here:

1) George's family and house FAM
2) George's friends, colleagues and team/band members FCTB
3) George's subjects, teachers and school roster SCH
4) The place and starting date (like for the seasons and whatnot) TIME

All this is up to our discussions here. Please use the corresponding code when you have a suggestion idea for a category so I can quickly sort through the important info and add it to the starting post and first post of the DT...
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

279 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:05 pm
Steggy says...

FAM

For George's family, I think they might notice some few things about it. Let's say the family has a party for some reason and they see the George hasn't come down to meet the members. Normal for a teen and they decide to ignore it.
After the party, they see that George isn't acting himself like he used to be a happy person with a grin all the time, instead he has a flat, expressionless gaze. His parents think he is depressed for school or something, and take him to the doctor. Also the family could notice his use of strange words they thought he would never say.
Another thing that they may notice, is his ability of not showering or getting cleaned.

(Thanks to researching), George could also have some delusions, which include delusion of persecution (something coming to get him-- aliens are going to take him away or something of the same), delusions of reference (thinking that someone is sending him a message on the TV-- his family could notice this when watching their favorite program), and delusions of control (being controlled from the outside-- aliens. His family asks him if he remembers anything, which he could reply back with "Oh, the CIA has my thoughts" or something of the latter.)

His family should not worry, though, George can be fixed (through therapy and strong support network).

Have you met a cow or another large animal?
— Liminality