z

Young Writers Society

Powered DT

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:21 pm
FallWolf says...

So I'm doing my first storybook. Ever. I am open to any suggestions =)

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:48 pm
Chaser says...

Question: Did they have usernames on the website? I just want to know if I should incorporate that.

Actually, I'm a bit confused as the how the website operated as a whole. Couldn't anyone have accessed it?
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

31 Reviews

Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:45 am
FallWolf says...

For those who are interested, and to answer your very good question Chaser, here's a bit more backstory:

Katrina is a bit of a stalker. She, with the help of Cody, made a secret, secure website that people could only get onto if invited (via email) by Kat or Cody. Kat then proceed to take up two of her summers researching, looking and finally finding out the superpowered kids in Opese (you have to say it-okay, okay, I am just going to change that name. All I can think of now is "Obese") Opezz and the surrounding towns. It sounds really far fetched that her parents would let her do this, doesn't it? Well, she never met her mom and her dad is a superhero whom she hardly ever sees. Since the age of 12 she has been staying home all summer, keeping the house clean, burying herself into her x-box Kinect and computer, and learning what little self-protection her despairing father managed to pound into her. Kat, though she has no prominent 'super' powers, is very observant and has a good memory, making her the best person for the job of spotting out supers when they accidentally/on-purpose used their powers (that is also how she found out about Cody's power, but don't tell Cody! Cody thinks the first Kat knew about her power was when Cody told her later that year.)

The website, which Kat dubbed Powered, was as high tech and secret as Kat could get it. On the website the kids would sometimes use usernames, sometimes their own names. It wasn't really a rule either or. Mostly it was just like a giant chat room, with kids having their own profile pages and going on whenever they wanted to talk to other kids like themselves. Not all supers took up Kat's offer to be on the website, bit a surprising number did, and wrote on the site pretty much every day.

Cody is a bit of a mystery. Whatever Kat knows about her past she keeps to herself. You may ask Cody anything about her past, but don't be surprised when you don't get an answer.

173 Reviews

Reviews: 173
Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:02 am
fukase says...

Fallwolf, thanks for your explanations...AND!
I've submitted mine!
Hope you went through it well. Any changes are welcomed!

By the way, you should tag the "STARTED" for the storybook as I think it had started.

:D

~Memo
I love Koku.
He is damn cute and should be the main character
and not some lazy old man that supposedly genius but a sucker in his own life.
Koku is Koku.
Koku is CUTE.
~ B-The Beginning (A Netflix Anime.)

173 Reviews

Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:07 am
fukase says...

For your information. I added a character with superpower in my story. :O

This is his biography~~

Nickname: Snow

Full name: Yuki Snipe

Hello: Hi. A pleasure to meet you. Name is ..Yuki.. Snipe. But please, call me Snow. I don't like the my first name very much. My parents are both otakus. That's why I got a Japanese name. As my name, my power is creating snow. Yeah, the cold and cool snow. I watch an anime recently: Akame Ga Kill. The main boss got a snow power! She is very strong and creative on how to use her power. I hope I can be like her... :D

Description: He got a blue hair... No, not blue... But somewhat like a really dark blue. He got a neat and medium length hair for a boy. He love wearing sweater and thick shirts. He is always like freezing? His eyes are the same with his hair.

Weight: 49 Kg.

Height: 157

Power: Ice. Creating ice out of nowhere!

Weakness: His power can't be used if it raining. Plus, his making ice requires a toll in his body...water. He always carries a bottle of water anywhere.

Other: Physically normal. He knows nothing of martial arts or anything, but his mother send him on a fencing class when he was little for three years. He might be more than he looks. An otaku! Creative and polite.

You can change it.

Like Fallwolf with his character, Cody, this character, Snow, is up for anyone to use. Early gets first!

I posted my part!

~Memo
Last edited by fukase on Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
I love Koku.
Koku is Koku.
Koku is CUTE.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:49 am
LordZeus says...

@NicolMemo I'm sorry but my inner grammar policeman has forced me to say this. The word 'ice' is the same for both singular and plural. 'Ices' as you used in your character bio is grammatically incorrect. Please take this into consideration, I'm sorry if I sound impolite.

173 Reviews

Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:01 pm
fukase says...

No problem! :D
I love impoliteness~~
I love Koku.
Koku is Koku.
Koku is CUTE.

31 Reviews

Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:24 pm
FallWolf says...

Okay, the Storybook is now on the roll, and most of the characters have already joined. However, if someone really really wants to jump in with a new character they can =) Just be sure that the character jumps in at a good time!

173 Reviews

Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:45 am
fukase says...

@FallWolf Thanks for that information.

By the way, I submitted the Snow's profile. It is still available though, for anyone that's interested.

And... The bad new is I can't log into YWS this weekend: Saturday, Sunday, and/or with Monday.

I will submit another post before Saturday though. Stay tune~

~Memo
I love Koku.
Koku is Koku.
Koku is CUTE.

31 Reviews

Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:28 pm
FallWolf says...

@NicolMemo That's fine =) look forward to reading your work later on!
Have fun =)
-FallWolf

173 Reviews

Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:53 am
fukase says...

Gosh! These new posts are intriguing me!

All of you, sorry for lying. I thought I could use my laptop, but till now, I still unable to do so.

Best of luck! Keep this DT alive~ :D
I love Koku.
Koku is Koku.
Koku is CUTE.

31 Reviews

Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:19 am
FallWolf says...

Hola guys =)
I'm gonna be really busy for the rest of the Christmas season (and probably most of January too) so I will not be able to post very much on the Storybook. However, you guys can go on with the plot! Remember Kat and the gang still have to meet back up (and Zheira has to tell them about the evil guy) and they still have to go to crazy scientist Vis's lair =) After that, it's up to you! The only rule is that the good guys win =P
Looking forward to reading your posts!
-FallWolf

if ya mention chickens, i have to show up, that is the law.
— alliyah