z

Young Writers Society

Animorphers DT

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:00 pm
Lefty says...

Awesome, @LordZeus! Looks like Layla won't need to be sticking up for him anymore. ;)

*goes to alter previous posts where I've misspelled principal*

I'm going to start working on my Layla post, but anyone is welcome to post before me if you get yours done before I do.
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:27 am
Europa says...

Okay, since we're pretty close to Battle of the Bands now, I think now would be a good time to bring something up: Riley's going to get shot. This would probably affect everyone, especially Emma and Cole, and for the next few rounds, she's gonna be in the hospital. Just a quick heads up.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:44 am
Wolfi says...

She'll get shot during the Battle of the Bands?
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

45 Reviews

Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:40 pm
Europa says...

No. They'll have just gotten away from the rebels.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:44 pm
LordZeus says...

Hey @TheFantasy14 just wanted to say that if the rebels shoot her then it would be probably be accidental, like say from a warning shot, as the Protectorate hasn't yet made up their minds about the animorphers (as we had discussed a long time ago). Please take that into consideration.

93 Reviews

Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:35 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

Hey guys. I see there's a bit of confusion over Riley getting shot (Fantasy has talked to me about her plans) so I'll try to explain it a bit more thoroughly.

The current plan is:

After Battle of the Bands, Riley and Cole get kidnapped by the rebels. They escape, and while they're escaping, the Japanese find them exposed and alone and go after them, trying to kill them. They shoot Riley and she goes to the hospital, but makes a full recovery after a bit of scary/intense time of not knowing if she'll be okay.

The rebels would probably still be trying to protect the Animorphers, but given their escape would throw them off (or they wouldn't even know where they were) they wouldn't be there to protect them this time.

If anyone has any comments on this idea, feel free to post them. Thanks!
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:23 pm
HazelGrace16 says...

If one of the characters gets shot then that brings a lot of unwanted attention from new obstacles. For instance police, parents, and media. Personally I feel like it may be a lot of backlash, but it's up to you.
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

93 Reviews

Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:32 pm
Lefty says...

Hazel poses a good point... so how could we make the backlash work?

Riley probably would have been shot in an area without any cameras or many people, so it would probably be only Cole and Riley's word that the police would have to go by. Cole could just say that it was a drive by shooting, wrong place wrong time, and that he didn't catch their license plate.

And if the rebels really wanted to protect them, one of the rebels could turn themselves in as the person who shot Riley, to try and close the case as quickly as possible.

One thing that would be a bit more difficult to get around is the fact that Riley can heal faster than the average person. There's a thin line between "you're recovering really fast!" and "you're recovering impossibly fast..."

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:33 pm
HazelGrace16 says...

Plus with Riley's heart condition, her parents would become hounddogs. Even after she recovers.
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

45 Reviews

Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:02 am
Europa says...

I could work with Riley's parents getting overprotective. Could lead to some fun moments.

93 Reviews

Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:51 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

Posted for Layla! It's maybe not one of my best/a little rushed, but I had to work on it off and on over the weekend and couldn't focus as much on it as I would have liked to.

Anyway, let me know if you want me to change anything @Wolfical or @TheFantasy14.

P.S. If something seems a little different about Layla's banner, it's because I repositioned/resized her picture a little from where it used to be. So yes, it is different. ;)

440 Reviews

Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:55 am
Wolfi says...

Awwww, nice post! Charlotte was done perfectly. I'll try my best to finish a post for Jinx tomorrow!

I'm feeling the Laynx ;)
and do not be afraid.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:57 am
LordZeus says...

Great posts, guys :D (Rather late to say that, I know. Sorry!)
By the way, @TheFantasy14 @LeftyWriter I believe I have a solution to the healing problem. What if undercover protectorate doctors take care of Riley?

That way, at the hospital, no one would know except the Animorphers and protectorate agents, both of whom would not risk the Animorphers' exposure. What do you guys think?

P.S. I can't wait to see your Battle of the Bands post Fant! We've been planning that for ages. Please keep in mind what we had planned for that, and how Darrin's cover would remain intact.

93 Reviews

Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:04 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

That's a great idea, @LordZeus! Although the rebels might not know that the Animorphers can heal quickly, they won't be shocked by it when the see how quickly she's healing. And I love the idea of them secretly nudging their way into another aspect of the story. It will make it that much more shocking to the Animorphers when they find out who they are. It would be up to Fantasy, of course. But I think that makes a lot of sense.

One thing I thought about, is that they would be taking a blood sample from Riley and running tests on it (since it would become part of a criminal investigation--I'm told that's standard practice for a criminal investigation) and the people testing it would in turn, find the Lynx DNA mixed into it. So, the Animorphers would potentially have to switch out the sample with non-Animorpher blood. It would have to be another girl who wasn't part of the group, so maybe they would have to let Riley's sister in on everything? And switch Riley's blood out with her sister's? If we didn't want to do that, it's fine. We could just say that the rebels took care of that and not mention it, but I it might be an interesting twist (and give the other Animorphers something to do/focus on in that time) if you guys were interested.

----

So, I think the characters that are left to post for this round are Neon, Michael and Charlotte. I keep thinking about posting something for Gwen, because I have some ideas for her and Wolfie mentioned that it might be nice to complicate Charlotte and Michael's relationship a bit since it's been so smooth up until now, and Gwen would be one of the best ways to do that. But I've been hesitant because I basically already have three characters (if you count Mr. Neil, who I probably won't post for for a while) and I don't want to feel like I'm sort of "taking over" the storybook in any way. Anyway, let me know how you guys feel about that. I'm definitely fine either way, and if someone else would like to post for Gwen, that's definitely an option as well.

I also have a bit of an idea for something that could cause a small ripple in Charlotte and Michael's relationship, but it won't exactly make Michael look too good (he'd sort of lose his way for a post or two). Anyway, I'd be happy to talk to you about it @Wolfical and @Dinosaur, so just let me know if you're interested.

440 Reviews

Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:54 am
Wolfi says...

I'd love to hear what you have up your sleeve, Lefty! I'll be on chat tomorrow.
and do not be afraid.

I wondered why we put villains in our stories when we have plenty of them in real life; then I realized that maybe we wanted stories where the good guy wins.
— nogutsnoglory