z

Young Writers Society

Animorphers DT

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:51 am
Chaser says...

Posted. @LordZeus I hope that works as a pseudo-rescue. You can tell me if you want to adjust the punishment at all.
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:18 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

Hey! Sorry I sort of disappeared! Life has been super busy lately. Between looking at houses to move to 45 minutes away and preparing and entering into Pitch Wars, I haven't had much time to get on. I think things will start calming down here soon, though.

I know this is suuuper late, but... Great post, @Chaser! Neon's plan was epic. If anyone can take over the school in an evil plot, it's Neon. :D

I believe the only ones left to post for this round are Charlotte and Michael. Were you planning to post @Wolfical and @Dinosaur, or would you like us to continue on to the next round? I just realized I never talked to you about my idea, Wolfie. :o I'll message you sometime today.

Anyway, I hope all is well! Hopefully after the Writing Olympics and Pitch Wars is over, things will start picking up again.
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:18 pm
Wolfi says...

What's this Pitch Wars business? Is it a singing competition? Pray tell, because it sounds exciting!

Last I heard, @Dinosaur was working on a post. We'd love to hear what idea you had in mind!
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:28 pm
Steggy says...

I'm working on the post, bear with me! Since school is starting tomorrow, I'm going to try editing it and have it posted tomorrow.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

93 Reviews

Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:44 pm
Lefty says...

Sure, @Wolfical! Pitch Wars is actually a novel pitching contest. Carlito has an awesome thread about it here: Pitch Wars!. I found out about it from that thread a few days before it started, so I was super busy getting ready for it in time.

Anyway, no worries @Dinosaur! I was just seeing where people were at. :)
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

440 Reviews

Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:58 pm
Wolfi says...

Ohhh. I thought it sounded familiar! :P That's awesome.
and do not be afraid.

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:14 am
View Likes
Steggy says...

And posted! Hopefully, the suspense is okay with Jackson being a maniac. If anything needs changing, let me know!

Also, my quotation marks are being a bit weird so if you see two dots in my post, it would be just that.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

440 Reviews

Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:47 pm
Wolfi says...

Woah, that's intense. Nice post, Steggy :)
and do not be afraid.

93 Reviews

Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:47 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

Whoaaaa... Plot twist!

That was intense! I'd love to hear your ideas on how this should play out.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:36 am
Europa says...

Hey. Unfortunately, I'll have to leave you all for a while while I deal with life. @leftywriter would you mind character sitting again. You're the only
One who knows all our master plans. Be back as soon as I can. Sorry for just dropping an anvil on you guys.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39

93 Reviews

Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:03 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

I'm aliiiive. Sorry for disappearing guys! I've been moving houses over the last couple weeks and have had limited to no internet access for several days. But, I'm all moved in now and can officially be active again.

@TheFantasy14 No problem! See you when you get back.

--------

So, I want to talk to you guys about something. Lately, I've felt like the storybook has been getting a little off track with some uncertainty of what to post, some drop in activity and overall excitement for Animorphers. Animorphers has been running for over ten months now (wow!) and it's only natural for some of the initial excitement and ideas to wear off over time, but I myself am still super excited about the storybook and can't wait to see what will come next.

Anyway, I've been trying to figure out exactly why the storybook has been getting a little off track, and I think I came up with a reason:

Lack of communication.

Remember how at the beginning, we filled 28 DT pages in one week? That was amazing. Now, that might be a little excessive, but it was sooo much fun collaborating with everyone, trying to figure out where the plot should go and what to do with our characters. We were throwing ideas around and chatting and it was pretty incredible. I really loved that, and at the beginning, I think that was something that made Animorphers stand out from other storybooks; that there was so much collaboration.

Lately, the DT has been pretty quiet. I know that people are busy, but I feel like maybe some of the original interest in the storybook and the want to collaborate has faded, which is unfortunate, and I'd love to try and bring more of that back.

I'd mentioned at an earlier point that I didn't think we should worry so much about god-modding in Animorphers, and I still stand by that, but I also feel that, with that extra leeway, it's important to collaborate and discuss ideas ahead of time so that no one is thrown for a loop, which I think has happened a few different times lately.

For one, I've been talking to Fantasy a lot through PM's and we'd talked about the idea of Riley being shot, and when I mentioned to her that we should ok it with everyone, it was posted more as a 'this-is-happening' not a 'what-do-you-guys-think.' We had talked about it so much that in our minds, it seemed pretty set, but when we thought about how it would effect others, I think we kind of realized that it could use more discussion. I think everyone was thrown for a loop, and some more group discussion about it would have been really great.

And with Michael's latest post, it could be a great plot twist, but I have some concerns about it, given that it will literally effect every-single-character without much plan (that I know of) of how it should play out. Again, I was thrown for a bit of a loop since this plot point kind of came out of nowhere without any discussion of what should happen with it and could take the storybook in a completely different direction from where it was originally headed.

I also loved Emma's plot twist with becoming a reluctant spy, but it took a bit of time afterwards to make Mr. Neil's affiliation with the Japanese make sense, since nothing was mentioned about that before hand.

Big plot twists are great, but it's also important to work them out and talk to others who will be effected to make sure everyone is okay with it, and that it makes sense. I think with the lack of communication, some people have been left hanging and a little unsure of what they should write, or how they should followup to others posts, and because of that, I think there has been some distancing from the storybook, but I think with a little spark and a bit more effort with talking to one another, we could get back the activity and the excitement we had earlier on in the storybook.

I've gotten away from discussing stuff on the DT as well, and am planning to start posting ideas again once I have one. (I have some, but they're like way ahead in the future and probably aren't worth talking about at this point)

Anyway, I hope I didn't hurt anyone feelings as that was not my intention in any way, but I thought some stuff needed to be said which I had avoided talking about until now.

Do any of you guys feel this way? Or am I just talking in circles with everyone reading it like :smt017?

----

Lastly, I had an idea that I think will be really fun! If you guys are interested, I was thinking of starting an Animorphers newsletter for anyone in the storybook or anyone who follows it. It would have news, pictures I've acquired on my Animorphers Pinterest board, video links to songs that fit the SB, a featured character for each newsletter, some quotes from the storybook and more. I was thinking it could be every two weeks, just for fun! What do you think? Would you guys enjoy that?

If you actually read all of this, you're awesome. :wink:

-Lefty
Last edited by Lefty on Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

440 Reviews

Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:00 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Oh my gosh a newsletter :3
Spoiler! :

I'm completely up to discussion!

I'll admit, I'm still not completely sure what "soldier Riley" means. I think I knew at one point and just forgot. Does it have something to do with a different genetic strain that was placed in her that kicks in certain soldier behavior? I know the original intent of creating the animorphers was to have super soldiers, and is Riley the test subject or something? I'm sorry for forgetting >.<

More importantly, we have to figure out how we're going to move the plot onwards from here. @Steggy, did you have any plans?
and do not be afraid.

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:41 am
Chaser says...

Soldier Riley: A prototype for a remotely controlled Animorpher soldier. Under such effects, she enters an emotionless and obedient state.

And I agree that we may have just been avoiding discussion about this. I've been messing around with Neon, bringing him farther from Riley and closer to Dan, and I don't really have anything major planned out yet.

Now, Michael's event could be used to evoke action, but realistically, it would also create a lot of fear for their families, shattering the school-life illusion. Ideas like the Battle of the Bands and the School Dance would come under a lot of stress, but it's still plausible we could continue.

I think the main issue is balancing all of the rogue factors in the storybook. Our ten characters strung between three enemy factions could have multiple combinations. A bit of talk would help to find our best order of chaos.

(Although how cool would it be if Jackson had this whole plan laid out to topple both governments and the Animorphers were forced to seek shelter from him while he sent them on secret missions)
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

You can not put the entire Bee Movie in the quote generator.
— alliyah