z

Young Writers Society

Animorphers DT

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:12 pm
Lefty says...

The only way it's been written out is actually in the SB. However, I have played around with formatting it as a novel (because I find that stuff fun :P) and I've played around with it in screenplay format as well.
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

93 Reviews

Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:56 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

Hey guys! I think we should go ahead with Fantasy's idea since she posted it a week ago and no one has said that they thought we should go a different direction. In which case...

In Michael's post, Jackson never said where he took his mom. So he either needs to call/leave a note for Michael telling him where, or the Animorphers have to try and find her.

Also, the last thing that happened in Michael's post was him going to Charlotte's house to make sure she was okay. Whether she's safe and sound or has been taken is totally up to Wolfie. If she was taken, she could technically find a way to tell/call Michael and tell him where they are.

Any of the other Animorphers could have been taken as well, which is totally up to you guys to decide for your characters. And technically, if we still wanted Gwen to morph, this could be a cool opportunity for that.

Were you planning to post next @Wolfical? Or should we move on to the next round?
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:12 pm
Wolfi says...

I wasn't planning to, no. The golf season ends in two weeks, and I promise that once that happens I'll have a lot more time.

I think having a main character kidnapped by Jackson would be fun and more intense. It doesn't have to be Charlotte because Michael already has a motivation to rescue his mom; maybe it could be, fr example, Layla, and Jinx would feel compelled to go to the rescue because they're adorable together.
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:34 pm
Europa says...

Yes, a main character getting kidnapped sounds amazing, but keep in mind Cole and Riley would also get snagged only a short while after. It may seem a bit redundant if the readers had seen this all play out before. That being said, who's going to be posting next?

93 Reviews

Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:13 pm
Lefty says...

Fantasy does pose a good point with too many kidnaps being repetitive, but I think if only one character is taken and we don't make a big deal out of it, then we could do both. I'm happy to have Layla be captured like Wolfie said.

I'm guessing this plot line will take two-three posts to play out, so if I posted for Layla being captured and somehow telling the others where they were, who else would like to post?

------

Thanks for the feedback on the newsletter idea! Almost everyone responded to the poll, so I will probably send the first one out sometime next week. If you guys have any ideas for it that I didn't mention in my page 83 post, feel free to shoot me a PM!

440 Reviews

Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:31 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Next week?! Ahhh, that's really exciting! If you ever need help with it or something, just let me know.

I'd love to post after you, Lefty. I'd imagine by the time it's my turn, I'll have plenty of time to do so.
and do not be afraid.

93 Reviews

Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:40 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

Posted! @Wolfical, let me know if you want me to change/add anything for what you were planning to do with your post.

----

I'm going to start focusing on the newsletter here soon. Does anyone have any ideas for it other than what I mentioned in my post? Let me know if you do. ;) Thanks!

440 Reviews

Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:50 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Epic post, Lefty! I'll write mine this weekend.
and do not be afraid.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:50 am
HazelGrace16 says...

Wait, do some of us think Jackson is Emma's brother??
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

93 Reviews

Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:56 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

Thanks @Wolfical! I'm looking forward to your post!

@HazelGrace16, Emma is an Animorpher, so she would be part of his plan, too. Jackson was probably told to keep the Animorphers alive (or he would have just killed Layla), so by having a non-animorpher that's closely connected to them, he has more leverage with manipulating them, given that he could technically kill her, or at least threaten to do so.

I thought that Jackson was Emma's brother, because he showed up at the bomb site when they found the tapes and he was said to be Michael's friend, and since Michael's friend was Emma's brother, I think Jackson sort of ended up as her brother by association. :P >> Animorphers DT

But, if I'm wrong on that, I can definitely go back and fix it. Just let me know.
Last edited by Lefty on Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:00 am
HazelGrace16 says...

Lol okay I was just confused because his name originally was Ashton, but I guess I'm cool with that change haha
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

93 Reviews

Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:05 am
Lefty says...

I thought his name was Ashton, too. lol

At the beginning, there was Emma's brother, Ashton and Michael's friend, Jackson, and somewhere along the line they got merged somehow I think. :P

We can probably go back and change his name back. I believe it got switched when he showed up at the bomb site.

93 Reviews

Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:13 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

Wait, I went back through posts and now I'm confused, too.

Steggggyyy, is Jackson supposed to be Emma's brother?

--------

I also had an idea. What if after all this happens, with Layla and Michael's mom getting kidnapped, Michael's mom finds out about the Animorphers? :shock:

@Steggy

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:08 am
Steggy says...

I do like the idea about Michael's mom finding out about the Animorphers, though. I have some ideas on what could happen but all of them feel a bit mediocre; oh well. Anyway! When Michael's mom finds out about the Animorphers, she doesn't quite believe it (because it is the heat of the moment of things and her brain is going to all sort of resort to find why she was kidnapped also because she just wants her son back).

I kinda forgot about the whole Jackson being Emma's brother because I kept thinking he was just Michael's friend. But, if we incorporated the kidnapping of their mother (or maybe the Animorphers could do something with their mother, to get back Michael's mother), then I would think could set a stage for an all out battle between Jackson (who could be a secret Animorpher *wink wink*) and the Animorphers themselves.

You can add onto anything; I'm just rambling before school starts lol
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:07 pm
Europa says...

So wait... Jackson isn't Emma's brother?...

The simple truth is that authors like making people squirm. If this weren't the case, all novels would be filled completely with cute bunnies having birthday parties.
— Brandon Sanderson, Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians