Supernatural, Magical, Powerful DT

414 Reviews

Reviews: 414
Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:19 pm
keystrings says...

So yeah ask away guys!
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:32 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

hey! Just so you know, I have a character sheet up for approval. (I only thought of this after I submitted, but my characters favorite thing to say is "Abra-Ca-Freaking-Dabra") hope you like it!

414 Reviews

Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:13 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

@TheFantasy14 ^Approved! Very cool lol. I like it~ I hope that we can start this in a couple of weeks, maybe once more people join; I have to see how dealing with NaNoWriMo is gonna be.

-just realized I should submit my own profile, lalz.

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:02 am
View Likes
Chaser says...

*realizes that this is a thing*

*slips character sheet in*
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:50 am
Deskro says...

Pretty interested. I'll give it some more thought when I get home. I'll hand in a character sheet by the end of the weekend if I decide to join.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:17 pm
Caesar says...

my main question is what the setting is like. When a storybook is presented without any framework, I feel disoriented. Where is my character going to start? What are they going to do? I think this is important enough to put in an opening post ^^
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

414 Reviews

Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:57 pm
keystrings says...

@Chaser approved. Cool character.

@Deskro thanks a lot. Do whatever you want to do :)

@Caesar sorry for confusing you. Your character is going to start wherever in the world you want them to, such as from the north or the south or whichever. The whole point is that your character has the letter, which is the only idea they have of what they truly are. I'm not very good at drawing maps or anything, but the world itself is just the world we live in today, but without any technology or anything. It's basically like we went 2000 years in the past, or in the future, except there's magic. Since it's so far back, or so far into the future, you can't really use the actual names of some of the landmarks, as back then the Americas weren't called the Americas.

Does that make sense? So, the world your character will be in is basically thought of in many regions, such as the very north, like the North Pole and Greenland and Iceland, to the very south like Anarctica. If you don't want to have to make up names for all of the cities, you can just put in your post which direction you're approximately in, north, south, east, or west, and if it's central or far. Back then, many places really didn't have names, only names that in the present we distinguished them by. The best option for all of the characters to not just meet at one time would be that we put ourselves into groups or the other, so two of us are around the same area as each other, and then start meeting more as we journey to the place where we'll save the world. The whole point is is that the area we're trying to go to is completely unnamed and unknown, only we can find it.

What your character is going to be doing is up to you, but eventually they should just be moving, as everyone is drawn to the final meeting place, and each other.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:00 pm
Caesar says...

don't apologize, no worries here. Just asking because I think it's important. These things should probably be in the opening post. Also, are we in the past or the future? It is actually relevant, because of language and such. What technology do we have, if any? How does magic work? How will our talents manifest/what do they consist of? All these things are relevant.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:28 pm
Europa says...

Man, I can already see what Silvie's reactions to these guys will be like.

She thinks KaBoom is an obnoxious idiot, And Hikte's just sort of....wired. By and Large, at First Silvador isn't going to like these guys one little bit, and is all like "I can't believe I have to live with these incompetent baboons" but when she starts connecting with the guys she'll soften up a little.
I'm planning so many great one liners with this character, this is gonna be so fun.

414 Reviews

Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:52 pm
keystrings says...

@Caesar We're in the past, and there's some technology, such as knives and swords and art, but no actual technological devices for now. Magic is both spoken and mental, though beginners usually just speak the words until they're powerful enough to think it. Your talents manifested at random times; you were never not magical, but it took a little while for you and everyone else around you to realize you were actually magical. Does that make sense?

289 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:33 pm
Caesar says...

yup, clear everything up, thanks. For future reference, mention these things in the storybook if you want to avoid questions like these. ^^

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:57 pm
Rydia says...

This storybook is due to be archived and will be in 3 days if no post is made. A storybook can always be returned from the archives at the request of the storybook owner or any participant. But it's easier to not let it get archived in the first place ;)
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

Once you have read a book you care about, some part of it is always with you.
— Louis L'Amour