z

Young Writers Society

the heroes of the shadows DT

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:46 am
Chaser says...

Hm. That could work.

What I was originally planning was for Astral to negate Blak's powers with his blood-blade (the infection effects that Hazel mentioned), so, you know, the thing we've been planning for over a month now can finally happen. (*cough* *cough* Dream-World Arc).

However, this could also work, seeing as how Scar would also know its effects firsthand. Come to think of it, they could make the serum out of her weakened blood, couldn't they? Then Blak, controlling Astral in Dream-world, could take over his ability and bring an army of people under his own dark influence, resulting in everyone having to negate Blak's power with the serum, so Leon can force the shadows from their body. Or...something.

Truthfully, I'm a bit lost as to where we're trying to go from here.
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:52 am
Europa says...

I think I might have a bit of a plan for what we could do aver the next few posts.

In this one I just put up, Kir's been captured by Blak, and I was thinking he could torment Scar and Leon with dreams of her being tortured, this would put the pressure on them to escape quickly, and try to find and rescue her. Once they do, those guys would be re-united, They could rescue Carlos, find Astral, wherever he is, and try and come up with a plan.

Kind of a skeleton of an idea. Open to any suggestions.

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:58 am
Chaser says...

Perhaps I could have Astral do some detective work and Batman his way (I would say Holmes, but Batman is more fitting) toward the base where Scarlette and Leon are being kept. Then E.A.G.L.E. could send Matt after him, all brainwashed and Winter Soldiery. (Do you guys remember when Blak referred to him as Captain America though) Anyway, that works in Matt well enough, I think.
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:37 am
HazelGrace16 says...

Alternate exsistence experience in my new post. Hope it's fun to read! Also set up the beginning of the Leon Scar storyline
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

45 Reviews

Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:49 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

@HazelGrace16, great post! So fun to read! I pretty much squealed at the "Henandez finally asked you out" part.

That alternate existence thing gave me an idea for how to make things more difficult when everyone gets possessed.

It's easy to rescue someone when they want to be saved, but what if Blak trapped the people he possesses in a dream where they have everything they most desired?

Like with Kir it would be that the Experiment never happened, and that they all had normal lives. Together and happy.

Or Leon it would be that he and his sister were completely out of harms way, living just the two of them in a kind of paradise. The people who escaped Blak would have to find a way to convince the other Heroes that it isn't real, and they need to snap out of it.

45 Reviews

Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:12 am
Europa says...

Posted!

45 Reviews

Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:52 am
Europa says...

*Looks around empty DT and starts feeling lonely*

15 Reviews

Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:08 pm
HazelGrace16 says...

Sorry got back from a no phone show choir retreat. I'm back and extremely tired haha
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

45 Reviews

Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:42 pm
Europa says...

@HazelGrace16 @TheForgottenKing @Chaser @Lau2001

I had an idea for a minor villain/sub plot in this arc of the story.

Perhaps when Leon and Scar are being held in the lab, they at one point discover that the Whitecoats have succeeded in creating fully functional superhumans using a combination of genetic science and bionics, resulting in a team of supposedly "Superior" heroes.
(Along with individual powers, one might be smarter than Astral, another stronger than Scarlette, ect.)

And if you remember, the experiment was originally meant to create a team of six, but the last subject died.

They would have been able to keep the sixth hero alive in this attempt. 6 was supposed to have powers to camoflague herself into her surroundings, and they developed that power in the next attempt in this sixth member, so she can mimic other peoples looks and voice. A hero who goes by the nickname "Echo"

(Interesting kidnapped/imposter thing, anyone?)

Echo and her teammates would have been lab-raised, believing what the government believes about our Heroes. The "Anomalies" Are dangerous and unstable. When the government discovers that Kirsten and Astral escaped the ranch house, they send Echo and the rest of her team out to hunt them down and bring them back--dead or alive.

Man hunts, kidnapping, and epic battles for everyone! Hooray!

Reviews: 0
Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:40 pm
TheForgottenKing says...

Ooohhhhh I'll have Matt introduce them?? Maybe he trains them for hand to hand??!!! Yaaaas I'll get on it immediately!!!
"I make my own luck"- Shay Patrick Cormac

45 Reviews

Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:11 am
Europa says...

@TheForgottenKing excellent! would you want me to PM info about them to you? Or do you have your own idea for them?

Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:01 am
TheForgottenKing says...

Some info would be great!!

15 Reviews

Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:06 pm
HazelGrace16 says...

Posted!

Also first glimpse at Echo. Hope I wrote her right

45 Reviews

Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:35 pm
Europa says...

Does anyone else want to post? I'm sort of waiting on the right moment for mine.

Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:41 am
TheForgottenKing says...

Still working on mine

I'm effortlessly ironic.
— Link Neal