z

Young Writers Society

the heroes of the shadows DT

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:12 pm
JustJasper says...

I promise my post is coming guys! SORRY FOR THE DELAY!!! It will be up soon I swear!
Why do we capital-N Nerds love Mars so much?
Because it's beautiful, it's tough, it's buried in our mythic, childhood memories.
It's covered with human triumphs but also with sad stories of failure.

-Greg Bear

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:44 pm
HazelGrace16 says...

I have found inspiration! Bless you @Oswin1800
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:32 am
View Likes
Europa says...

hey there, guys. As most of you know I will be dropping out of my YWS life for a while while a basically get my life straightened out. A lot is happening at once and somethings got to give. @HazelGrace16 would it be okay if you took on Kirsten and @Chaser I know I've already asked you to character sit but would you take Leon? Thank you guys so much. I hope I'm not pushing too much onto you guys at once. I'll miss you and get back to you as soon as I can. Maybe when I come back things will have gotten a bit better.

45 Reviews

Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:06 am
View Likes
Europa says...

HAPPY FIRST ANNIVERSAY GUYS! It's officially been a year since HOTS started on September 17 of 2015. The characters have all developed into such beautiful and amazing people. (Except for Kirsten. Kirsten's a jerk.) And I know I've developed as a writer since starting. I'd like to thank you all for sticking with this storybook and for keeping it running for a whole year. I feel like we should do something to celebrate.

45 Reviews

Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:24 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

Working on a post for Kir now. I'll try to get it up ASAP

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:11 pm
JustJasper says...

So sorry I haven't posted yet!!!! I will post after Fanty
Why do we capital-N Nerds love Mars so much?
Because it's beautiful, it's tough, it's buried in our mythic, childhood memories.
It's covered with human triumphs but also with sad stories of failure.

-Greg Bear

45 Reviews

Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:04 am
View Likes
Europa says...

There's a saying that my core writing teacher used when teaching us about plot.
"If it's bad, make it worser."
And believe me... this post gets worser...by kind of a lot. I'm not so sure on its quality, because I kind of feel like I just sort of cranked it out. But however uninspired I felt, I suppose it serves its purpose, so...yeah. Tell me what you think.

45 Reviews

Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:37 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

So who wants to go next? I've been thinking and maybe we should have a bit of a planning session. I know we have an idea of where we want to go overall, but the immediate details still seem a bit fuzzy. But that might be just me. Do any of you feel we should flesh this arc out more?

45 Reviews

Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:22 am
View Likes
Europa says...

finished writing out the rough draft, guys! I'll proofread it, and it will most likely be up tomorrow! But before that, I believe I should tell anyone who doesn't know the plans that have been made for the next few parts of the SB. not revealing anything about my post, Frisky gets a possibly lead, which only seems to guide them into an even bigger problem that puts Frisky out of commission for a time. Now without a ride, the Heroes find themselves stranded and forced to hide in a nearby city, Kirsten starts acting off-kilter again, and to put another nail in the wall, Scarlette has started to hear voices. At one point Scar, considerably shaken by the voice in her head, and rather disoriented, wanders out alone and gets lost in the city. And who should find her but a sympathetic deserter of the anomalies project. An old scientist who also happens to be Kirsten and Leon's estranged Father. (And I do have plans for this new character in the future, so he won't end up being another loose end.)

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:03 pm
View Likes
Halfbloodcheetah says...

Oh my gosh! I have been gone forever!!!
Someone needs to make Captain Cold a fursona.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:55 pm
View Likes
HazelGrace16 says...

You're alive!!! Halfbloodcheetah
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

40 Reviews

Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:08 pm
View Likes
Halfbloodcheetah says...

YAS I AM!!! Message me! It's been awhile and I totally need to catch up!!!

45 Reviews

Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:18 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

*Flying tackle hug* CHEEEEETAAAHHHHH!!!! Welcome back, friend!!!

40 Reviews

Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:52 pm
View Likes
Halfbloodcheetah says...

HIIIIII :D :D :D

45 Reviews

Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:33 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

Alrighty! I've posted. And I didn't have to change a thing because of that nifty thrifty Tysignal. Originally it was a red herring signal put out by Raydon so he could test the effectiveness of his tracking device, but I like the Tysig better. Perhaps the signal from Raydon came in and trying to pick up both at once either drained Frisk's energy or put too much stain on his systems.
@Halfbloodcheetah If you want to chat with me about what's happened without you I'm on every night at around 8:00 and I get off at 10:30 (Eastern Time)

In any free society, the conflict between social conformity and individual liberty is permanent, unresolvable, and necessary.
— Kathleen Norris