z

Young Writers Society

PMD: Seventeen Plates DT 3

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:30 am
View Likes
Robusto says...

Amazing post as usual @Tortwag. Spot on with Sully.
When you get the chance, could you send me a description of what The Last Exile looks like, both interior and exterior.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:46 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Glad you liked it! And really glad I can still write SUlly decently.

Oh. Right. I'll do that right after finishing that second Twinkiel post. Startin' it today.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

24 Reviews

Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:00 pm
View Likes
Robusto says...

So, @Verser, when can we be expecting another Frost post? I'm very interested in seeing more of his story play out.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:32 pm
TheSilverFox says...

@Tortwag: Oh, it's not any problem. When I first saw the post, I kind of noticed it during a lull in my schoolwork (as a matter of fact, I had noticed you'd posted one seconds after you actually had; I seem to happen to stumble on things before most anybody else, oddly enough), but couldn't get very far before I found myself busy and couldn't read it until much later. I hadn't been able to listen to any of the songs at that time (which I'm glad of; those songs are absolutely amazing, especially the Junkyard Theme), so yes, I did read it later on and received the full experience.

That brings me to my next topic - my obligatory review of your post (sorry for the delay; I've been quite busy with schoolwork lately, and tomorrow looks like it'll be no different. *glares at school*), which I will enclose in spoilers in case anybody hasn't read it yet:

Spoiler! :
To state it simply, your post is an example of why, after 10 months writing for this SB, coming up with ideas, and developing my characters, I still fall in love with this project. I find your character development absolutely wonderful, particularly how accurately you portrayed Sully, and I enjoyed your post immensely. Twinkiel is one of the most interesting, well-written and developed characters I've ever seen, and it's always fun to see things from his perspective, particularly when I read about his elaborate and effective plans and witty discourse in conversations. He's definitely unique in comparison to all the other characters I've read about, and he's certainly one of my favorites. :D

...Well, you just clearly explained why I have always refrained from using the word "people" in my SB posts. XD

...I love the mix of somberness and happiness in the story. Sometimes the conversation is sad and meaningful, sometimes it is witty and funny, and I hold on to every single word when I read through it. In all, it is fascinating to see the back and forth conversation, particularly the way that Sully and Twinkiel gain a greater understanding of each other and their pasts. Besides, I enjoy how evil you are. XD I'm happy that you managed to execute quite perfectly a description of what you had planned to do in the event that the Psyche Battle was a failure, and I'm impressed by how...complex it is. o-o Yeah, I expected it to be quiet violent (this is you were talking about here :P), but I didn't imagine that it would be so big. Great, now you've got almost (because there's no way that I want to see Sully die; she's too cool) wishing that the Psyche Battle had failed, so I could see his grand plot unfold. XD

...In conclusion, this is one heck of a fun post, and I love the music that accompanies it. I look forward to the second part! :D
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:32 pm
View Likes
Charizard821 says...

I actually cringed when Hunter said that Sonic wanted a forest. Actually. Cringed. XD

Hmm I can TRY to do some of Shadow's story, having played more than a few of the games with him in it, however if I get something wrong or miss something, feel free to correct me.

Sigh... Where to begin.... Okay, well Shadow was a science experiment. The experiment was conducted to create the ultimate life form, and was named Project Shadow. In Sonic Adventure 2, (one of, if not the best sonic game eva,) Shadow is introduced when doctor Eggman infiltrates the abandoned top-secret research facility and frees the ultimate life form to use as his minion. However, Shadow acts more like a partner than a minion, telling doctor Eggman that if they cooperated, he was promised power over the entire planet. He's then told to go to the Space Colony Ark, which was a space station abandoned 50 years earlier. Eggman travels there and finds deep within the station, an abandoned secret weapon project, code named the Eclipse Cannon. With all 7 chaos emeralds, the Eclipse Cannon is able to power up and destroy planets. As a demonstration of its power to the people of Earth, Eggman fires the Eclipse Cannon at the moon, which obliterates half of it, as the cannon is at half power. Of course, during all this there are multiple intertwining subplots happening, but we'll stay focused on Shadow. So the Eclipse Cannon needs to recharge before firing, but Sonic and co. are there to save the day and stop it from firing. The story ends with Sonic saving the day. Or does it? In the bonus episode, the Space Colony Ark begins to crash to Earth, the work of Eggman's grandfather, Gerald Robotnik who said "All of you ungrateful humans, who took everything away from me, will feel my loss and despair". After this, he is killed by firing squad. Everybody decides to help, except Shadow who feels conflicted. However, when Amy Rose talks to him, Shadow remembers a promise he made to a girl named Maria 50 years earlier, when she was killed in a G.U.N. raid (G.U.N. is like the Sonic world's most powerful military force) on the Space Colony Ark. The promise was to give all the humans on Earth a chance to live their lives and be happy. Convinced, Shadow joins the side of the heroes and travels to the heart of the Space Colony with Knuckles and Sonic to use the Master Emerald to stop the colony from falling. (More to come)

58 Reviews

Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:44 pm
Charizard821 says...

Okay! Part 2 of Shadow's story!

Once they reach the heart of the colony, the heroes are confronted with the prototype of the Ultimate Life form, which I believe was called the Protolizard or something along those lines. An epic - and difficult - battle between the two ultimate life forms ensues, and after Shadow wins, the Master Emerald is placed in a makeshift shrine. This stops the colony from falling on its own, but it continues to fall anyway, guided by the Protolizard, who has attached itself to the outside of the colony and intends to crash it into Earth. Using the power of the chaos emeralds, Sonic and Shadow both turn into their super forms, and head outside the station to battle the Protolizard. After the heroes win and push the colony back, Sonic has enough time to make it back to the station before returning to his normal state, but Shadow doesn't, and he plummets through the atmosphere, content to die as he has fulfilled his promise to Maria. It's a very touching ending.

After this game come the events of Sonic Heroes, where Shadow finds a cloning facility of himself and discovers he was made as a copy to the hero who died. These findings are replicated in Shadow the Hedgehog, where Shadow suffers amnesia but has short visions of memories, including the Space Colony and the name Maria. He seeks the truth about his past and finds yet again that he is a copy.

In short, the story of Shadow is a long, complex one. Shadow has always been an odd character, appearing as a hero in some games and a villain in others, but this would make sense as the current day Shadow doesn't really know who he is. Only the first, original ultimate life form was a true hero.

58 Reviews

Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:03 pm
View Likes
Charizard821 says...

Oh dear Arceus, that doesn't sound good. Twinkiel's scheming is never good. Activate terrified stare. 0-0;

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:43 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

I never said Sonic wanted a forest...
Spoiler! :
AstralHunter wrote:Well, all I know about that is that Shadow supposedly wants Sonic's forest

...so I guess you cringed for the wrong hedgehog. XD

Still, Shadow sounds like a well-developed, interesting (and tragic) character.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:27 pm
StupidSoup says...

saaanic da hedgehog :D
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

40 Reviews

Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:42 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

I feel so bad. This afternoon I had planned to write for Twinkiel.
And I ditched Twinkiel for Danny Phantom and Megamind. Not that it wasn't worth the shot - and inspiring - but still.
Ah well. I'll start writin' now. I should be finished by midnight, then I'll just re-read/post it tomorrow.

@Charizard821 Yeah, that's what happens when you're fan of a game and a good friend of yours says weird stuff about it because lack od knowledge.
(I actually screamed a loud "What the...?!")

@AstralHunter Shadow's actually not as developped as he should be. And many don't like him because in most games, he's essentially a copy/paste of Sonic + Chaos Control - and the Sonic Fanbase being mostly, NOTORIOUSLY unfair to any Sonic game that comes out, many of them don't realize how much of an interesting character Shadow is (that and Sonic Team kinda forgets about what he is nowadays).

But I think he's especially enjoyable in Sonic Adventures 2 (where he first appears) and suprisingly, Sonic Battle. His character truly shines in those games. By the way? Sonic Battle. A game you should play. Acton game, rpg elements, good character development and pretty darn amazing climax. I KNOW, You're BUSY. But please keep it in mind. I'm serious. Mostly because it's one of the 2 games that I actually shed a single tear upon.
Ah, wait.

Goin' back to Char, Heeeeeey D: Twinkiel's scheming's never good because he usually plots to kill or capture enemies!
But I'm glad I'm makin' a good job at makin' my deer Flaffy scary, heheh. Beware.
Last edited by TinkerTwaggy on Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

58 Reviews

Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:50 pm
Charizard821 says...

You said "hey" as if the following statement would oppose the idea that Twinkiel only schemes maliciously. But nope. He plots to kill people. Comforting, Tort. XD

40 Reviews

Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:21 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Oh. It wasn't? *re-reads previous reply* ...Hm. Did I forget something...?

...OH. Right. Yeeeeeees, allow me to edit that.
EDIT: Done. THAT should be more comforting!

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:55 am
StupidSoup says...

Funny. I didn't notice that
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

58 Reviews

Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:25 am
Charizard821 says...

Yes, much better XD

24 Reviews

Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:16 pm
Robusto says...

After the Cutthroat Pass episode is resolved, I'm planning on having Zulu go for the next Plate all by himself. Unless there are others willing to tag along with him? The journey would include a stop at Zero Isle.

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
— Marcel Proust