Young Writers Society

wonder.land DT

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:12 pm
Auxiira says...

Ask questions here!

Spoiler! :
@Craz, @AriaAdams, @Lumi, @Alvarin, @Holofernes, @Megrim, @Theodorable, @Rydia, @SpiritedWolfe, @AstralHunter, @Noelle, @ReisePiecey

Check to see whether you have a reserved place, and the four left are first come, first serve. I have 3 more possible places that I could open up, but only at a stretch.
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

67 Reviews

Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:14 pm
Auxiira says...

Welcome to wonder.land guys!

This is the place to come for more information because seriously, I wanted to keep the intro post to creepy drama. (Creepy drama's cool, this is the place to talk about it)

I feel the intro post was pretty self-explanatory, but here we go: your mind has basically been taken into the game. When it's time for you to wake up (ie: the morning), you'll wake up. But during the night, you belong to the game which is Alice in Wonderland - game version.

Create your characters on the character template below, and once we have 7 players (excepting me - which makes 8 in total), I'll give you the character you are in the game.

There are 2 major alliances, which I'd like you to more or less respect, but the characters don't have to like each other etc within the alliances.
Alice is special insofar as that she can be with whichever group she likes and can ignore the preconceived alliances that one may have from reading the book/watching one of the films (ie, we could have an Alice who sides with the Queen of Hearts).
The Cheshire Cat has no alliances.

There will be an awake part to this SB and you're welcome to go and find out more about wonder.land or meet up with other characters during the day. Surprise me.

I'm welcome to plot twists and surprises, uprisals, breaking of alliances and general chaos.

Places:

wonder.land:
The Red Keep (Crims):
The home of the The Queen of the Hearts and her court, ruled with fear and abuse of power. Often host to games of croquet and chess. Beware if the Queen doesn't win.
A squat, imposing, medieval-type structure, with corner towers in red.

Salazen Grum:
aka The Town, surrounds Crims around the base of the hill it stands on. Ruled with the Queen of Hearts' tyranny and held under the cruel thumb of the Knave of Hearts, it's a place of poverty and crime. Full of small, run down houses, with a market, etc.

Tulgey Wood:
The home of the Cheshire Cat, you're more likely to get lost here than you are in a maze. They might appear to help you, but remember, they're insanely fond of tricks, and those signs might just be leading you astray. Tall, omposing trees and thick underbrush. Eerie.

The Fungal Forest:
The Caterpillar's realm, this forest of flowers and mushrooms sits north of Tulgey Wood and can be just as misleading. The hazy smoke filling the air definitely won't help, but if you need words of wisdom in a cryptic tone, the Caterpillar is the person to go to.

The Hatter's Home:
Friends are always welcome for tea at the Hatter's Home, but be careful you don't stay too long, else the fumes go to your head. Acts as a toll-house for the road to the White Palace after a fashion. Strangely shaped and eccentric with wares on show (think the Weasley's house)

The White Palace (Marmoreal):
Home to the White Queen, her court and most of the citizens east of Tulgey Wood. With towering spires and oriental-like features, the gleam of this white building can be seen throughout most of the East on a sunny day. A peaceful atmosphere reigns.

The Desert:
Seen to the south of the country, this area remains a mystery to all, as the harsh conditions and almost permanent sandstorms have prevented anyone from truly exploring.

The Real World:
A typical town with a library, cinema, etc. A couple of decades ahead of us technology-wise, with holograms teaching, roboticised law forces, automatised travel. The library is digitalised.

Character profile:

Please leave the second half empty until I give you your character (I'll give you extra info at the same time), and delete what's in brackets.

Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] (16-24)
[b]Gender:[/b] (anything is welcome)
[b]Appearance:[/b] (description (+picture if wanted))
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]History:[/b]

[b]Character[/b]:
[b]Appearance:[/b] (this will differ from that of your real life bodies. The March Hare and the White Rabbit have humanoid bodies, as does the Cheshire Cat)
[b]Alliances:[/b]
[b]Places:[/b]

Places:

1- Keenan Barrett - Cheshire Cat (@Auxiira)
2- Juno Arondell- White Queen (@Craz)
3- - Queen of Hearts (@Lumi)
4- Violet Darcy - Mad Hatter (@AriaAdams)
5- - March Hare (@Pompadour)
6- Victor Addison - White Rabbit (@AstralHunter)
7- - Knave of Hearts (@ReisePiecey)
8- Eric Whidde - King of Hearts (@Megrim)
9- Danielle Harris - Alice (@Theodorable)
10- Elinah Sanford - Dormouse (@PenguinAttack)

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

264 Reviews

Reviews: 264
Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:05 pm
View Likes
Megrim says...

I'm pretty keen. I like the idea of being a minion for the Queen of Hearts, or maybe some poor oppressed sob under her rule XD

So how does the out of game vs in game character work? Do we make up an "ordinary" person, essentially, and then get randomly assigned an in game persona? Is that in-game persona the same personality and everything, just controlled by the real life character?

How exactly do we play the game? Is it turn based or real time? Does it have aims, or fighting/leveling? I of course immediately thought of American McGee's Alice, but I assume the setting is meant to be more like the original book and not the darker version?

67 Reviews

Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:19 pm
Auxiira says...

You make an ordinary person, and then I randomly assign you a person in game (Alice, Queen of Hearts, Knave of Hearts, White Rabbit, White Queen, Mad Hatter, March Hare or Cheshire Cat) and they'll have a pre-constructed personality that the character has to stick to because of penalties otherwise, but I'll get to that sooner.

It's played very much like a normal SB, with Quests to fill for each character / group of characters / the whole cast which I'll hand out. And then in real life, you can do what you want. In game too but a little less so.

(if you want to make another character in game who isn't one who's played by any of the in real live characters, I'm fine with that too! But I would definitely prefer an in real live character.)

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:27 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

*signs up*
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:33 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

I am very tempted to join this, but I already declined joining Tatarum because I don't want to have too many SBs...

*resistance cripples*

All right, I shall join - but only because Wanderer has already created an AiW SB, so it won't take as much research as joining a completely new SB. Therefore, I reserve a spot too.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:41 pm
View Likes
Sassafras says...

Spot please. ^^
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

67 Reviews

Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:46 pm
Auxiira says...

M'kay, seeing how many asks I got to join and because I've already filled the available spots, I shall open up two more spots.

THUS: 2 SPOTS LEFT

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:00 am
Rydia says...

I just wanted to stop and say I love the concept but I'm barely keeping up with my current storybooks so it has to be a no this time.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

67 Reviews

Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:01 am
Auxiira says...

m'kay!

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:36 pm
View Likes
Theodorable says...

I'm in!
Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole. -Dean, Supernatural

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:41 pm
View Likes
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

Good! My four spies have infiltrated the ranks of this SB... *grins maliciously*

*realizes I posted in that SB* Nothing to see here! *disapparates before anyone has a chance to question me*
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

67 Reviews

Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:54 pm
View Likes
Auxiira says...

So I went and rolled an online die, and here are your wonder.land characters, grouped by alliances!

Alice - @Theodorable

Cheshire Cat - @Auxiira

Queen of Hearts - @Lumi
Knave of Hearts - @ReisePiecey
White Rabbit - @AstralHunter
King of Hearts - @Megrim

White Queen - @Craz
Mad Hatter - @AriaAdams
March Hare - @Pompadour
Dormouse - NPC

Do go ahead and plot together or write profiles or something. I'll be sending you each a PM

67 Reviews

Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:33 pm
Auxiira says...

If you have any questions, do feel free to PM me.

Also, a map is coming.

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:33 pm
View Likes
Pompadour says...

This is perf. XD
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

A big mountain of sugar is too much for one man. I can see now why God portions it out in those little packets.
— Homer Simpson