No - just no, kek
No votes

Total votes : 3

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:13 am
Lumi says...

You have either been recruited or otherwise joined the adventurer's guild Glory of the Raider, otherwise known in the adventuring community as "Glory," and have taken up residence in Highmoon, the Sylvan capital. Starting at combat level 1, you are one of the following classes:

Thaumaturge (Spell-based Damage; wields Staffs)
Spoiler! :
Students of the elements, Thaumaturges use fire, ice and wind aspected magic. They have low mobility and long cast times, but make up for it with powerful AOE spells, wiping out legions of monsters with an unsettling amount of enthusiasm.

Arcanist (Spell-based Damage; wields Grimoires)
Spoiler! :
If one were to assume that raw power is all one needs to survive in this world of wars and witches, one would find oneself horribly ill-prepared when foed against this grimoire-wielding bookworm. While lacking in raw strength and dexterity, the Arcanist will certainly prove herself on the field of battle with powerful incantations, disease-riddled spells, and damage-over-time spells that will leave the enemy in shambles, shivering and coughing until utterly incapacitated. In addition to her trickery, the Arcanist boasts the ability to control magical creatures of their own design - but not without years of study and calculations, of course.

Disciple (Spell-Based Healing; wields Wands and Focuses)
Spoiler! :
Disciples (known amongst arcanist circles as "those darn hippies") learn magic in a much more exploratory fashion. Attuning themselves to nature and the energy that surrounds all living beings, they are able to manipulate matter and mind. A friendly Disciple will be able to sense what ails you and mend it without even laying a hand on you, but an unfriendly one is likely to make it worse.

Seer (Spell-based Damage; wields a staff)
Spoiler! :
Ever has man looked unto the stars for salvation; and those who find affinity with the workings of the cosmos find it in themselves to divine the happenings of the world. The Seer is one such woman who has found power in the heavens. By summoning the might of the stars, the Seer may control nature and gravity, as well as some wind-aspected magicks. This great power comes at the cost of physical strength, however, and this bargain may not be undone so easily. The Seer relies on her allies to keep enemies at bay so that she may waylay the enemy with calamity.

Archer (Ranged Damage; wields Bow & Arrow)
Spoiler! :
What is the value of armor if one precise, downy-fletched arrow can pierce an opening? Given the sharp eye and the sharper arrows, the Archer is never to be underestimated for his lack of defense. Monstrously powerful at far range, yet feeble beneath the weight of an axe, Archers rely on their allies to keep their enemies at bay - and in that sweet spot where they're just down-wind. Then it's just a matter of ready, aim...

Engineer (Ranged Damage; wields guns)
Spoiler! :
Power is the relation between effort and time. A good way to maximize effort in as little time as possible is having an extra pair of arms. Engineers study mechanics to create the machines that most easily break their opponent's face. A competent Engineer can maintain several contraptions at once and become a veritable powerhouse on the field of battle. Their inventions tend to be backbreaking but have limited use. A prolific Engineer spends almost as much time in his workshop as in the field of battle.

Pugilist (Melee Damage; wields Fist Weapons)
Spoiler! :
Pugilists are good with their hands. Specifically, they are good at using those hands to punch you very, very hard. Quick and agile fighters, they are good in a brawl and in an army alike. While it's rare (but not unheard of) for one punch to knock you out, a pugilist's repeated strikes build up into a world of pain.

Swordsman (Melee Tank; wields Sword and Shield)
Spoiler! :
You've listened to all these pansies talk about being one with nature and mastering their CHI of all things - and now you get to hear me tell you how to fight with something with a pointy end that can END YOU. Never, ever underestimate a sword. They can be straight. They can be curved. Two-edged, made of wood and glass, sometimes infused with FIRE! There's just no going wrong with a sword. I'm the man on the frontline of battle. I'm the guy you want stabbing bad guys in the gut. I'm the Swordsman, and I like swords.

Guardian (Melee Tank; wields Mace & Shield)
Spoiler! :
While a warrior is only as good as his weapon, a Guardian is only as good as his prayers. Well-versed in holy magic, the Guardian protects others with his shield, and protects himself with his soul. Regarded in most communities as defenders of justice, the Guardian is revered as the truest soldier, as his power comes solely from the might of his spirit. Guardians wield maces and shields.

You are one of the following races:
Leonai
Spoiler! :
Leonai, the race that emerged from the southern jungles. With the distinct features of feline creatures, these humanoid beasts have a prowess for quick movements and stealth. Rather subservient in nature, the Leonai have taken up the humble role of serving as "lesser beings" to the proud Sylph race for centuries. However, with the newfound alliance of nations at hand, the Leonai have found themselves at a crossroads: become their own rulers, or allow destiny to wash over them at will?

The Leonai have...well, they've adopted every god served by their masters and taken to worshiping them as their own. To this extent, no one quite knows what to make of Leonai religion - or what it says about the religion of the realm in general.

Bonuses=
+ Stealth - almost-silent movement
+ Clawed - never unarmed, bonus to attacks
+ Dexterious- more likely to hit and dodge
+ Night vision- can see in low light conditions
- Natural followers- lower initiative
- Catnaps - requires more rest

Sylphs
Spoiler! :
Sylphs, the elder race of Angara. For countless ages, the Sylvan people have watched carefully over their precious land with soft words and quick blades. Founders of the Angaran alliance in the wake of the recent war of aggression, the Sylphs met the beastmen of Gondowan on the battlefield with vigor and violent grace - only to have their ranks demolished in the midst of bloodshed. Now reclusive and political, guarded by Archdruid Seduo Suncaller, the Sylphs act as the leaders of the civilized world, and all eyes have turned upon them for guidance in these trying times.

Considerably religious, the priests and paladins of the Sylvan people revere the power of sunlight and moonlight as god and goddess, oft nameless. To this extent, all clergy and leaders are honored with a surname invoking the power of either the sun or the moon - from which they are believed to draw their power.

Bonuses=
+ Dexterious- more likely to hit and dodge
+ Political connections - Command more respect with other Sylphs, Aviti, and Leonai
+ Affluent - Better at bartering with merchants, making money
+ Educated - bonus to crafting, tactics and general knowledge
- Xenophobic - uneasy relations with Redyes and Rodere
- Lower constitution - more susceptible to illness

Redeyes
Spoiler! :
Redeyes, the demonized and historically reviled race of humanoid dragonkin from the far mountain state of Ul Drak, have proven themselves heroes on the battlefield in countless wars over countless centuries. However; the last race to be accepted into the Angaran Alliance, Redeyes are still regarded with caution and held at arm's length. Led by their matriarch, Saint Shiva, the Redeye people serve ever-loyally to the alliance in hopes of being respected among the high races. Given to natural strength and stamina, Redeyes make impressive defenders and guardians, and often excel as a people in the art of war. The magicks? Not so much.

Speculated to be an atheistic people, the Redeye serve only Saint Shiva, and by no other name are empowered.

Bonuses =
+ Hardy - Resistant to poison and disease
+ Built - Bonus to strength
+ Scaly- higher defense
+ Dragon blood - bonus in hot climates, resistant to fire
+ Outcast comraderie- good relations with Rodere and Leonai
- Unattuned- penalty to magic
- Cold Blooded - penalty in cold climates
- Demonized - lower trust with Sylph and Aviti

Rodere (Male) (Female)
Spoiler! :
Rodere, a curious race from the deserts. For centuries, they were thought to be two distinct races due to drastic gender dymorphia. Male Rodere are small in stature, resembling humanoid rats. Female Rodere are much taller, with longer ears, rounder snouts, and a powerful jump, not unlike rabbits. It is easy to tell when furniture is made by Rodere, as everything comes with step stools attatched. Rodere are "free" peoples with no distinct leader, but communities built around strong family ties. Those who stray from their family units are often merchants, mercenaries, and adventurers, living outside of common law.

While differences abound among the Rodere people, their twin deities - Enix and Soul - bring all Rodere together under one banner when the weight of circumstance presses upon them.

Both =
+ Burrowers- Good at digging through dirt, sand and clay.
+ Heightened senses- no one but Leonai can sneak up on Rodere
+ Miser- better at bartering with merchants
- Isolated -Low trust with other races
Male=
+ Climber - able to scale steeper surfaces than other races, with minimal handholds
- Tiny - penalty to strength
Female=
+ Powerful jump - jump 2x their standing height from a standing start, 3x from a run
- High motabolism - require more food (and are vegetarian! Males are omnivores.)

Aviti
Spoiler! :
Aviti, the people of the heavens. Gifted with flight and an affinity to precision, the Aviti of the far-east have proven themselves quite stalwart allies in the wake of the war. Skilled in the arcane arts as well as revered as powerful archers from the air, Aviti are never wont for a place on the frontlines. Despite this, their frailty under melee attack leaves them ever-needing of allies to defend them - and hence their Grand Pontiff, Vasha Aria, signed first the Declaration of Alliance. The Aviti are, from speculation by the Sylphs, the race of Angara most resembling the bygone human race - as their form is that of angels of lore. With grand wings arching from their shoulders and soft down feathers that coat their skin, the Aviti are oft the subject of Bards' poetry.

Ancient lore dictates that the Aviti people were saved once from a great calamity during the ninth age when the forsaken - and eradicated - race of water-dwelling Trahael summoned their corrupted god to bring about eternal rainfall on their lands. As the cloud-dwelling homeland of the Aviti began to fall asunder, the corrupted god was slain by the Aviti elder goddess Rerenga. To this day, Arcanists study the lore surrounding this great and terrible battle in hopes of wielding the powers of Rerenga.

Bonuses=
+Flight- can fly!
+Ranged affinity - bonuses to performing and dodging ranged attacks
+ Magic affinity - bonuses to magecraft
+Charismatic - found beautiful by all races, profit from social perks
- Frail - lower health and defense
- Vanity - given to accepting diplomatic movements, given sweet-talk

Our first complete raid will be Defense of Highmoon, a series of missions in which Malice forces attempt to overtake the Sylvan capital.
Last edited by Lumi on Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:12 am, edited 4 times in total.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:14 pm
Caesar says...

one Sylph guardian reporting for duty. I predict Malek's Juneweed habit will die down very quickly around Elys.
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

745 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:28 pm
Lumi says...

I'm already foreseeing a lot of Malek objectifying the pretty cat-and-bunny ladies, only to be scolded by Elys with a quick slam of his shield.
-Shinji Moon

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:45 pm
Caesar says...

this too is probable.
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

760 Reviews

Reviews: 760
Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:50 pm
View Likes
ExOmelas says...

Hello, I'd like to reserve a Leonai Thaumaturge. I'd create my character just now but I need to talk to JKHatt about ascendancies and to Tuesday about name styles.

What fools these mortals be!
William Shakespeare
A Midsummer Night's Dream

Who cares if one more light goes out?
Well I do.

Linkin Park
One More Light

745 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:18 pm
Lumi says...

@BiscuitsBatchAvoy, @Holofernes, @Tuesday

This will apply to everyone who makes a character in the future, but for now it's just you three.

I'm filling out the gear chart for you, and need to know how you want your stats. To help you, I'm going to break it down.

You have 180 points to spend at Level 1 with Level 1 gear. The smartest way to spend your points are to split between Your Main Stat and Speed. For example, if I were to make a Thaumaturge at level 1, I would spend 120 points in Intellect, 50 points in Speed, and 20 points in Defense.

This spread optimizes your spell power while still giving you a bonus to spell speed, and giving you a little defense to keep you alive.

If the Defense stat proves to be an issue, I'll remove it entirely, as it doesn't serve much of a purpose other than gauging who survives best.

EDIT:

Removed the Gear Table and am working on a Stat Point system. Defense will be removed as a stat. So just split your stat points how you want with the system in mind:

Power (PWR) influences the damage dealt by physical, ranged, and magic attacks.
Piety (PIE) influences the health restored by healing spells, the potency of buffs and debuffs, and the restoration of mana.
Haste (HST) influences the speed at which spells and abilities are delivered, as well as the speed at which your character moves.
-Shinji Moon

745 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:52 am
Lumi says...

OKAY. Now that I've gotten the first few levels of stats done, let me do this again.

@Holofernes has already done his, and I've done mine.

@BiscuitsBatchAvoy, @Tuesday, @Wolfare1, and @JKHatt:

You get 10 stat points to begin with at level 1. You split these between Power, Piety, and Haste. For instance, Malek has:

6 Power
0 Piety
4 Haste

and Elyn has:

3 Power
5. Piety
2 Haste

So get those numbers to me and I'll add them to the table. This is just to keep people on track of who's capable of dealing damage, healing, buffing, and acting quickly. It'll mean less later on, but the stats will continue as we progress. Each level, you will receive a certain number of stat points to add to your table.

But like I said, once you get the hang of writing for each character, these numbers will mean less and less.
-Shinji Moon

257 Reviews

Reviews: 257
Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:10 am
Tuesday says...

Hello! I have my numbers for er.. this thingy or whatever. Anyway, the numbers.

6 Power
2 Piety
2 Haste
What does it mean to be brave?

she/they

760 Reviews

Reviews: 760
Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:27 am
ExOmelas says...

5 power
2 piety
3 haste

What fools these mortals be!
William Shakespeare
A Midsummer Night's Dream

Who cares if one more light goes out?
Well I do.

Linkin Park
One More Light

745 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:06 am
Lumi says...

@Nutty, @Wolfare1, @JKHatt --> Starting this on Saturday. Get in or miss the train. I'll help with profiles as much as you want, just shy of writing it for you so that you can get your own feel for it.

Also I chose Saturday over Friday in order to give you a clip of the weekend to invest.
-Shinji Moon

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:49 pm
SpiritedWolfe says...

Oh, I should do this. >.>

4 power
2 piety
4 haste
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:50 pm
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

Oo, I should seriously get out of my profile-creation station more often. Captain @Lumi, is it too late to claim that eighth spot on the main list? I'll tell you my race and type momentarily, but here are my stats until further notice:

4 Power
2 Piety
4 Haste

(may or may not change)
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:13 pm
Lumi says...

Everyone's getting an extension on their profiles because something's come up demanding my full attention.
-Shinji Moon

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:30 pm
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

@Lumi, I am now officially reserving the eighth spot, as I have a good idea for what I want to make.

My character: Archer Rodere (male) Pwr 4, Pie 2, Hst 4

Profile will be up by Monday or Tuesday.
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

745 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:36 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

Just came here to order all involved relentlessly hound @JKHatt until he posts his profile. Which, since I'm the only one here who can see if he has or not, means you all need to relentlessly hound him until I call off the pack.

Oh, and relentlessly hound @Nutty, too.
-Shinji Moon

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.
— Plato