z

Young Writers Society

Indigena 2.0 DT

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Mon May 23, 2016 6:57 pm
View Likes
Ciblio says...

@Basil inspired me to do something since she drew Saph.
so here's Saph, Chris & Laska
The lips & noses are kinda weird because I AM NOT AN ARTIST but I still like it

p.s. from left to right it's saph > chris > laska. also, the bubble above saph is of her & chris (++ chris calling her blue), above chris is a memory of him & lou with jerseys on that have their last names (a.k.a. Emerson & Mahoney), then above laska is her and cute wittle chris kissin')
Attachments
rsz_20160523_135030-1.jpg
'we have lingered in the chambers of the sea /
by sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown /
till human voices wake us, and we drown'

previously:
GuyFieri

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Mon May 23, 2016 7:17 pm
View Likes
passenger says...

guys.

why are our characters so cute
"We accept the love we think we deserve." -Stephen Chbosky's Perks of Being a Wallflower

67 Reviews

Mon May 23, 2016 7:24 pm
View Likes
Ciblio says...

i still have like 50 million things to change on it (especially saphs face, she looks like an ape rn)

previously:
GuyFieri

112 Reviews

Mon May 23, 2016 7:34 pm
View Likes
passenger says...

this is making me want to draw the characters too lol.

Spoiler! :
storytime: I used to draw a bunch of my novel characters when I was a little kid. looking back on it now (literally), it's the worst mistake I ever made. they barely look like people at all, but meanwhile while searching for my school ID, my mom's like "ooh what're these???" and begs me to keep the wretched things.

and I'm like, mom. no.

(for some reason all of my characters back then were african american and had dreads. no idea why.)
"We accept the love we think we deserve." -Stephen Chbosky's Perks of Being a Wallflower

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Mon May 23, 2016 11:27 pm
View Likes
Basil says...

@Ciblio your drawing is so neat!! You're also pretty good at drawing :)

Our characters are really cute, huh?

@Savvy you should totally get back into drawing haha. I draw all my book characters too, or some of them, but I haven't been doing much drawing lately because of school work. Although that's kind of a lie, im working on an A1 canvas in my art class.

Actually, maybe we should all draw our characters!! That'd be fun xD
Dorian, are you the one adding all the spices to our food?
Of course I am.
Why?
Because frankly the food here tastes like poorly cooked sawdust. It genuinely tastes how Solas looks.

112 Reviews

Tue May 24, 2016 12:12 pm
View Likes
passenger says...

So, uh, you guys inspired me to stay up till 10:30 last night drawing.
>>
<<
Anyway, I tried.
(-->> Not gonna lie: it was actually really fun drawing Chris & Laska, so there may be more characters to come :b )

67 Reviews

Tue May 24, 2016 2:18 pm
View Likes
Ciblio says...

AWWWW
@Savvy why are they so FRICKIN CUTE

previously:
GuyFieri

112 Reviews

Thu May 26, 2016 6:55 pm
View Likes
passenger says...

I posted for Chris. It's very long and a little disjointed; it took me several hours to write. But the final product still ended up a little raw, I guess, maybe because Chris has absolutely no idea what to do with his emotions (clearly) and he ends up throwing a lot of them around, which causes some conflict. I hope the post isn't too unbearable to read.

Anyway, I'll try to get posts up for Lou and Ro soon ^^

EDIT: I just realized that I used my character's emotional problems as an excuse for my poor writing skills lol

67 Reviews

Thu May 26, 2016 7:36 pm
View Likes
Ciblio says...

it's chill, @savvy.
also, what the HECK is this whole thing with Robbie
is she actually ACTUALLY there
What is going on
did her plane crash on the island too
what
also sos i really like the post & can't wait for laska to be mobile again so we can FIX THIS UNHAPPY CHRIS

previously:
GuyFieri

112 Reviews

Thu May 26, 2016 8:23 pm
View Likes
passenger says...

@Ciblio Lol I should've cleared all of this up more. Sorry about that! (I'm really glad you liked my post, by the way)

Okay, this is sort of the gist of what I'm thinking with the whole Robbie thing.
I'm kind of toying with the possibility of an idea right now. I want to mention that this is just a shell of an idea. If anyone doesn't want it to happen, or wants to offer a different variation of the idea, then please speak up :)

So, Chris is seeing Robbie a lot.

Robbie is dead. There's no contestation.

But that doesn't mean she isn't there.

I've been thinking of how to end the storybook. Because I assume we're going to end it at some point (though, not having Chris and Lou to write for will probably put me into a state of depression lol). The expected choice would be to end it with everyone getting rescued and everything. Which we totally can still do. I'm not against it or anything. But I came up with an alternative idea, just in case anybody wanted to go with it.

And that idea is kind of that everyone on the island will realize that they're dead. Or not dead, but very close to it. They nearly died in the plane crash, just like Robbie nearly died in hers. And the island is someplace between life and death, where the characters are proving that they deserve to live.

(Thus, if the characters deserve to live, they'll "get rescued" and come to consciousness in the real place where their plane crashed, and if they deserve to die, they'll die on the island and be gone for good.)

Our characters will kind of figure out the premise of this via thinking/talking about the whole Robbie-situation.

This is kind of hard to explain, but hopefully I'm making a little sense. I really like this idea, but if the majority of people don't like it then that's perfectly okay. Worst case Robbie'll just be Chris's hallucination because he's sleep-deprived, haha.

112 Reviews

Thu May 26, 2016 10:41 pm
View Likes
passenger says...

@ChildOfWriting Great post! I really liked it. ^^

Now that Matt has seen Robbie, I think it would be a good idea if he came to Chris's defense if Chris tries to insist that he saw her. (Though, for plot's sake, I think I'm going to have Chris come across Robbie when she's dead-dead by my next post. It's too confusing with her around lol.)

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Thu May 26, 2016 11:33 pm
View Likes
Basil says...

@Savvy oh my gosh that's an awesome idea!! I think that's awesome!!! Its like their brains continued living while their bodies are on the verge of dying. I really like the idea. I'm for it ^^
Dorian, are you the one adding all the spices to our food?
Of course I am.
Why?
Because frankly the food here tastes like poorly cooked sawdust. It genuinely tastes how Solas looks.

112 Reviews

Fri May 27, 2016 1:50 am
View Likes
passenger says...

@Basil Awesome, thanks :3 I'm really glad you like the idea

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri May 27, 2016 6:55 am
View Likes
Jexy says...

So I just kinda realized that this SB turned a year old yesterday.....

67 Reviews

Fri May 27, 2016 2:37 pm
View Likes
Ciblio says...

dang

previously:
GuyFieri

Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength.
— Corrie Ten Boom